+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
noshi11 said:
Can someone please update the spreadsheet to show PPR requested 19/08/2013

Siri also got decision made today so if someone wants to update hers as well?
done - I put an approximate date for sponsor approval as I don't know the exact date.
Sweden

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
noshi11 said:
I got that exact same email!! I got that email in July and my husband got his passport request yesterday. You should be almost done. :D
I hope that that is the case! My partner's current visa expires on September 15, so fingers crossed!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Another Tuesday comes and goes....

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

:)

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
ghunter said:
I hope that that is the case! My partner's current visa expires on September 15, so fingers crossed!
have you thought about applying for an extension to the visa? You should do it now, and if you get the PR you can always withdraw the extension application. :) I did this, because my tourist status is expiring september 1st. I still need to go flagpole and I'm not sure how long it takes for the COPR to arrive in mail. So better to be safe than sorry. :)

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
godisFin said:
have you thought about applying for an extension to the visa? You should do it now, and if you get the PR you can always withdraw the extension application. :) I did this, because my tourist status is expiring september 1st. I still need to go flagpole and I'm not sure how long it takes for the COPR to arrive in mail. So better to be safe than sorry. :)
His current visa is an IEC visa, are you able to extend those?

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
ghunter said:
His current visa is an IEC visa, are you able to extend those?
I don't know if you can extend that, but I believe he could apply for an extended permit to stay here as a tourist. Just explain in the application that the current visa is expiring and he wants to stay to wait for the PR.

maybe someone here knows more and better about this?!?

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
godisFin said:
I don't know if you can extend that, but I believe he could apply for an extended permit to stay here as a tourist. Just explain in the application that the current visa is expiring and he wants to stay to wait for the PR.

maybe someone here knows more and better about this?!?
You cannot extend IEC visas. The next batch of IEC work visas will be available from Nov/ Dec 2013 and will no doubt be gone within hours of being available.

Your only option is to apply for a visitors visa.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
davidmarsden38 said:
You cannot extend IEC visas. The next batch of IEC work visas will be available from Nov/ Dec 2013 and will no doubt be gone within hours of being available.

Your only option is to apply for a visitors visa.
He is on his second IEC anyways so I he is going to have to wait it out as a visitor.

Thanks for the help!

Gooi

Aug 8, 2013
ghunter said:
He is on his second IEC anyways so I he is going to have to wait it out as a visitor.

Thanks for the help!
This is actually what happened in my situation! My partner was on an IEC visa and we weren't able to extend it so we applied for an extension as a visitor. Before the application was processed he went back to England to wait out our application so we withdrew the extension and got a refund.

On the CIC website, go under Visit and then Extend your stay and there's a document checklist for what you need to send in. We had a lawyer helping us so he told me to also write a letter on my partner's behalf. The letter just explained why we were extending his visa and that I was able to support him and I sent in a pay stub to show I could financially support him. We also sent in bank statements to show he had funds here so it wasn't a problem that he wasn't working.

Hope that helps!

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
*censored word* A BRICK!!!

I'm 'In Process' since Aug 13th!!! I've been checking every day since before then but just logged in after a few days camping and there it is.

I have seen how long it has taken some people once processing has started, but still...this is awesome news. :)

The timing couldn't be better given my IEC visa is approaching it's end.

Fingers crossed for plain sailing from here!

PS - If someone could update the spreadsheet that would be sweet.

Also I was signed up for that notification website and it never sent me an email of a change in status so perhaps it isn't compatible with the revamped ECAS?

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
markstimson said:
*censored word* A BRICK!!!

I'm 'In Process' since Aug 13th!!! I've been checking every day since before then but just logged in after a few days camping and there it is.

I have seen how long it has taken some people once processing has started, but still...this is awesome news. :)

The timing couldn't be better given my IEC visa is approaching it's end.

Fingers crossed for plain sailing from here!

PS - If someone could update the spreadsheet that would be sweet.

Also I was signed up for that notification website and it never sent me an email of a change in status so perhaps it isn't compatible with the revamped ECAS?
Congrats!! it's an awesome feeling, eh? :D
Hopefully your process is fast and you get PR before your IEC visa expires!!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
After some great advice by members of this forum I have decided to send our application outland. We are getting married this Saturday and most of our application is ready just waiting for that marriage certificate.

I have two questions (to start, Im sure more will come along the way).

If the applications are sent by paper how and at what point are you able to track the progress of your application online?

Once a decision has been made, how long until my spouse would be able to return to work. Does he have to wait for the PR card or will just an approval be enough to work?

Thank you for your help

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
godisFin said:
Congrats!! it's an awesome feeling, eh? :D
Hopefully your process is fast and you get PR before your IEC visa expires!!
It sure is!

Congratulations on your Decision Made and all the best :)

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Becki567 said:
I have two questions (to start, Im sure more will come along the way).

If the applications are sent by paper how and at what point are you able to track the progress of your application online?

Once a decision has been made, how long until my spouse would be able to return to work. Does he have to wait for the PR card or will just an approval be enough to work?

Thank you for your help
1. You can track your application online usually a week or so after your have received an email that the Case processing Centre on Mississauga has received your application. You can enter your unique application numbers to bring up your info and status.

2. You will receive a 'Confirmation of Permanent Residence' (COPR) letter in the post after you have a 'Decision Made'. Your spouse is then able to enter Canada with this letter and he will be processed at the border. This process is called 'landing'. He can work immediately after landing, but he will need to obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN) first. He will not need his PR card for this. He must ensure the visa officer at the border signs his passport stamp and Service Canada will provide the SIN to him. He simply provides this SIN to employers. The SIN is actively immediately and his SIN card will arrive in the post a few weeks later. The PR card itself arrives around 8 weeks after landing. Hope that covers it for you :)

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
markstimson said:
1. You can track your application online usually a week or so after your have received an email that the Case processing Centre on Mississauga has received your application. You can enter your unique application numbers to bring up your info and status.

2. You will received a 'Confirmation of Permanent Residence' (COPR) letter in the post. Your spouse is then able to enter Canada with this letter and he will be processed at the border. He can work immediately after landing, but he will need to obtain a Social Insurance Number first. He will not need his PR card for this. He must ensure the visa officer at the border signs his passport stamp and Service Canada will provide the SIN to him. He simply provides this SIN to employers. The SIN is actively immediately and his card will arrive in the post a few weeks later. The PR card itself arrives around 8 weeks after landing. Hope that covers it for you :)
Thank you for your reply.

So he is actually in Canada already. Also, on an IEC visa like yourself. :) This is his second one and it is valid until April 2014. So he has his SIN already. So then he would just have to flagpole again with this COPR letter I am guessing.