+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Nocsy said:
Hoping for some help.

We had a reply from our MP yesterday and they said my medical documents had been requested from London on July 15 and the next time they review our file will be September 15.

Can anyone explain this? Is it normal procedure? Who has requested the meds? Are meds process in Canada and not London?

Hopefull this is good news but not really sure what it means.
Your medical results go to one of 8 Regional Medical Offices around the world, depending on what office you apply through. Your results will have been sent to the London RMO. As the RMO is completely separate from the London visa office, the VO has to request your meds from the RMO.

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
Your medical results go to one of 8 Regional Medical Offices around the world, depending on what office you apply through. Your results will have been sent to the London RMO. As the RMO is completely separate from the London visa office, the VO has to request your meds from the RMO.
So this is standard practice to request the meds and happens for every application?

The reason I ask is I had a heart operation when I was younger and while I'm fit and healthy I will require monitoring for the rest of my life on a yearly basis. I'm hoping this won't be a problem as I'll be paying into the health service once I start working.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Nocsy said:
So this is standard practice to request the meds and happens for every application?

The reason I ask is I had a heart operation when I was younger and while I'm fit and healthy I will require monitoring for the rest of my life on a yearly basis. I'm hoping this won't be a problem as I'll be paying into the health service once I start working.
It will not be a problem...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
godisFin said:
Decision made!!!!!!!!!! OMG!! Best day ever!!!! :D

How will I get the COPR? Do they just drop it in my mail box... :)
That's exactly what they do but it is sent (at least for UK recipients) as "Signed For" which means somebody must be there to actually receive it. Also, once you have it, DOUBLE CHECK it as at least a few COPRs are being sent out with incorrect information on them, such as "conditional PR".

PS. London where the **** is my corrected COPR?

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
Congrats GodisFin!!!

My husband got is PPR request as well ;D :p

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
zardoz said:
That's exactly what they do but it is sent (at least for UK recipients) as "Signed For" which means somebody must be there to actually receive it. Also, once you have it, DOUBLE CHECK it as at least a few COPRs are being sent out with incorrect information on them, such as "conditional PR".

PS. London where the **** is my corrected COPR?
Ok... I don't know how I can sign it, because we live in an apartment and the door buzz goes to my hubby's phone :D Oh man.. maybe I have to keep his phone for this week :D Lol.
I think mine would be conditional anyways? We have been married less than a year... but together 5 years...

Yeah, I don't know what takes them so long to re-send yours?!?!? Shouldn't be big thing to do!! Hopefully you get it soon!! :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
godisFin said:

Awesome News. Congratulations..x

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
godisFin said:

Congratulations!!

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Hi everyone

It has been some time since I have been on here, my file got transferred to London on march the 7th , ecas still says ' application received' we were hoping to get it in earlier but to some issues couldnt.

I am just feeling majorly depressed today about the whole slow process and how painful it is. We got married in canada but have a reception here in the UK in the first week of October about 7 weeks time and then I fly black to canada with my husband and will spend a few months there.

I just wish I could fly back with my PR and not have to return - sigh :(

Is there anything I can do to see whats going on?

Thanks

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Over 4 months in process and still waiting. I have a meeting with my MP today to see if she can help with the application.

Congrats to all who have heard something or had that life changing DM!

Cheers,

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
so-impatient said:
Hi everyone

It has been some time since I have been on here, my file got transferred to London on march the 7th , ecas still says ' application received' we were hoping to get it in earlier but to some issues couldnt.

I am just feeling majorly depressed today about the whole slow process and how painful it is. We got married in canada but have a reception here in the UK in the first week of October about 7 weeks time and then I fly black to canada with my husband and will spend a few months there.

I just wish I could fly back with my PR and not have to return - sigh :(

Is there anything I can do to see whats going on?

Thanks
You can message London and ask what the current state of your application is. I messaged them few times and always got an answer. Sometimes their answers are not too clear, but at least between the lines you can try to guess what is going on.
Our timelines are similar (my app was transferred to London March 11) so your file should be in process or near to that. My ecas status changed to "in process" last week even thought it stated I had been in process since August 6. They don't update ecas too quickly...

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
godisFin said:
You can message London and ask what the current state of your application is. I messaged them few times and always got an answer. Sometimes their answers are not too clear, but at least between the lines you can try to guess what is going on.
Our timelines are similar (my app was transferred to London March 11) so your file should be in process or near to that. My ecas status changed to "in process" last week even thought it stated I had been in process since August 6. They don't update ecas too quickly...
Thanks godisFin, your message reassured me and I hope what you say is true and many many many congrats to you! eep! so exciting.

I am praying so hard that I get mine soon.

Can I who you emailed? or where I can find the contact address? Thanks!