+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
As long as they have some constructive information for you. If you have to get medicals done again, it'd be nice to actually be told about it! You shouldn't have to chase down CIC to find out what you have to do, to fix THEIR mistakes. It's very interesting following the progression of Canadian politics with regards to immigration. Jason Kenney and the CPC have been all about "streamlining" visas for temporary workers while creating a massive backlog in the sponsorship category. Why? Because they're more interested in cheap labour for corporate Canada rather than the right of their citizens to be with their loved ones. In the past, it was a case of everyone showing up in Canada as an immigrant was treated as a "New Canadian". I feel like those days are dead and gone under this government.

By the way, anyone who ever thought Canadian politics was boring should really check it out! It's dramatic stuff!
You shouldn't have to chase them, that is my biggest pet hate, is that the only reason I found out they couldn't find my daughters medical was because I emailed them for progress, Dec they told me they had the medicals and they were under review, because I asked not because they updated Ecas and March they told me they couldn't locate her medical because I asked not because the emailed me...

I thought I read something somewhere that they had changed the rules regarding temporary workers which was benefiting canadian citizens and not immigrants....but I might be wrong....

claire_09 said:
Thank you for the update...whoever thought seeing my name turn red would be soooooo emotional - I've finally stopped blubbing :-[
Awwwwww but they are tears of relief and happiness!!

claire_09 said:
I really hope they get themselves together with your daughters medical. Think their automated response says they will reply in 28 days...has this time elapsed - might it be time for another e-mail really laying it on the line for them that yours and your daughters medical were done by same doctor and submitted together and that their refusal to communicate with you on something as important as a minor's medical is really freaking you out, maybe you could outline the challenges your husband has in Canada right now, mark it URGENT, URGENT, URGENT - ok my phrasing might be a little harsh and could rub them up the wrong way and I'm sure you are on top of it all but really feel for you....hang on in there
Waiting on information from our MP and if this doesnt get me any further forward, then I will have to start dealing with it on my own again....

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
I'm so happy for everyone that has got good new lately however my case is still on a big question mark which starts to worry me! I've noticed people around me on the spreadsheet getting either in process or request for more documents, and I haven't heard anything about my case !! Also, I emailed them (case specific inquiry) last Monday and I haven't heard anything !!!! I know I'm supposedly in the time frame but I feel like I should have at least heard from CIC by now.....

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
You shouldn't have to chase them, that is my biggest pet hate, is that the only reason I found out they couldn't find my daughters medical was because I emailed them for progress, Dec they told me they had the medicals and they were under review, because I asked not because they updated Ecas and March they told me they couldn't locate her medical because I asked not because the emailed me...

I thought I read something somewhere that they had changed the rules regarding temporary workers which was benefiting canadian citizens and not immigrants....but I might be wrong....

Awwwwww but they are tears of relief and happiness!!

Waiting on information from our MP and if this doesnt get me any further forward, then I will have to start dealing with it on my own again....
Hey SM. Yup. I totally agree. You shouldn't have to chase them down. As for the government's changes to the TFW system, they only came recently due to a massive scandal of outsourcing jobs at RBC to TFWs which is illegal. Just one of the many big scandals for the government right now!

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
Against the odds COPR was delivered today to family members address in the UK :eek:

She read it to me...seems to say standard stuff....but 1 sentence was not valid for travel - assume this means still need a passport?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
claire_09 said:
Against the odds COPR was delivered today to family members address in the UK :eek:

She read it to me...seems to say standard stuff....but 1 sentence was not valid for travel - assume this means still need a passport?
Yes it just means that the COPR alone is not valid for travel. You need a passport for Travel, COPR is just a confirmation that you have been granted Permanent Residency.

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
Thanks again SM :)

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Do you need to declare/use the COPR the next time you enter Canada or can you choose to activate it a few visits down the line (before the year medical anniversary)?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
herewecome said:
Do you need to declare/use the COPR the next time you enter Canada or can you choose to activate it a few visits down the line (before the year medical anniversary)?
I think it is up to you when you 'land', however they will ask you as I believe it will be on the system. I have seen a few posts where people didn't present their COPR's and were still asked if they were landing...

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Everyone's news is making me happy that they are doing something in London. If I can have my PR in my hand by my thirtieth birthday this August, I will be one happy man. New decade, new chapter :)

Still, in the the meantime I am having fun on my bike in Stanley Park being a kept man. I am sure my husband would rather me working though!

Have a great weekend y'all!

:)

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all you folk that got decision made or your COPR, congrats!! Make sure the immigration officer stamps ur passport if ur visa exempt when you land! ;)
We decided to head to the US border today to flagpole(2nd time) I now have a stamp in my passport and will be applying for my sin first thing...start work on Sunday!!
Just want to say a big thanks for this forum...its been a life saver and its nice to know we're not alone. Xxx

Aug 26, 2012
Sweden said:
Good luck for the interview! but with both of you living together in Canada, and being married, the officer probably won't have much to ask you, once he/she realizes that you flew in from Canada together to attend the interview...
Sweden
Thanks Sweden, we got my husbands passport out before he went to work (he works away, was just about to go catch his flight) last Thursday and saw that it had expired! He had a couple of hours in Calgary before a connecting flight that day so his sister who lives in Calgary printed out the paperwork, met him at the airport and then drove him to the passport office! They picked up the new passport this morning and have sent it to me through Canada Post, fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow as we're flying Monday night and it's a stat holiday. We're far more stressed about that right now than the interview!

kevwoodfine

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
sent my app in jan - wife got approved late jan 2013 - file transferred to London not heard anything ?

my ecas says application received and meds received?

when will they start processing ? Is it still 9 months from the moment they start processing in London for me to get PR

I'm UK citizen

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
CaptainTurtles said:
Thanks Sweden, we got my husbands passport out before he went to work (he works away, was just about to go catch his flight) last Thursday and saw that it had expired! He had a couple of hours in Calgary before a connecting flight that day so his sister who lives in Calgary printed out the paperwork, met him at the airport and then drove him to the passport office! They picked up the new passport this morning and have sent it to me through Canada Post, fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow as we're flying Monday night and it's a stat holiday. We're far more stressed about that right now than the interview!
oh my! that's stressful indeed - good luck, hope all turns out well with the passport!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
kevwoodfine said:
sent my app in jan - wife got approved late jan 2013 - file transferred to London not heard anything ?

my ecas says application received and meds received?

when will they start processing ? Is it still 9 months from the moment they start processing in London for me to get PR

I'm UK citizen
it's difficult to know... but I think it's abit early for you to hear from them. If you look at the spreadsheet (in my signature), you'll see that they seem to be working on applications that got their sponsor approval in December. So give it a month more or less, and hopefully you'll hear from them. Ecas with appl received and meds received is the standard one - nothing to worry about there.
The website indicates now 10 months, but that's to process 80% of the applications, it's not an average or an absolute number. Typically, visa-exempt applicants, with straightforward applications ( no children involved, first sponsorship, first marriage etc) are done around the 4 to 5 months mark (counting from when the application reaches London). So for you ( if that's the case) I would say mid june would be a good "guess"...
Good luck,
Sweden

jackmb

Nov 14, 2012
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/01/2013
AOR Received.
20/02/2013
File Transfer...
20/02/2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Sweden said:
it's difficult to know... but I think it's abit early for you to hear from them. If you look at the spreadsheet (in my signature), you'll see that they seem to be working on applications that got their sponsor approval in December. So give it a month more or less, and hopefully you'll hear from them. Ecas with appl received and meds received is the standard one - nothing to worry about there.
The website indicates now 10 months, but that's to process 80% of the applications, it's not an average or an absolute number. Typically, visa-exempt applicants, with straightforward applications ( no children involved, first sponsorship, first marriage etc) are done around the 4 to 5 months mark (counting from when the application reaches London). So for you ( if that's the case) I would say mid june would be a good "guess"...
Good luck,
Sweden
This is pretty much the situatuion I am in (no children involved, first sponsorship, first marriage etc) so hopefully I can get a 4-5 month decision. however I am not banking on it. :D