+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Eabie said:
So, when you email CIC, is it normal not to receive an automated response? I haven't received one yet (some 8 or 9 hours later), though I'm quite sure I wrote the email address correctly. They say you should receive one within 24 hours of sending your inquiry, and it hasn't been that long yet, but I thought the automated response would probably be immediate...
When ever I email CIC, I just reply to the officer processing my case. It would appear their mother and father were not so kind and called them CDD :)

I have been in process for 1 month nearly and I asked how long it could take and the response I received was this:

Good afternoon,

We are currently in the process of completing the necessary background/ security checks. We will proceed towards finalising the application when the process has been completed.

Kind regards,
CDD

Also, was there an independent site that can automatically check CIC for you and inform you when there have been modifications to your profile? I can't remember if I dreamed of this or not...? Well there you have it. Back to the job hunt I guess!

Eureka2011

Apr 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/12/2012
Doc's Request.
10/05/2013
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
21/01/2013
Med's Done....
07/12/2013
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
07/08/2013
Just talking…feel free to ignore as I’m feeling so low at the moment… :'(

Over the past few months I have begun to see the detrimental effects this arduous process is having on my daughter’s well-being … I kept on saying not much longer the end is in sight… but now I’m not so sure…. We have been going through this process since Jan 2011 and I’m a British Citizen who is a civil servant .... If it was only me, I would just sit it out but when you watch an adolescent who is desperate to start living her life as a young women and who is becoming so depressed and insulate with all the things we have had to endure to get to this point, what do you do? I’m fed up of saying you can’t commit to this because we might not be here… she can’t finish her GCSE’s because she may not be here…. How many times can you say no or put the child’s aspirations and dreams on hold?

Well I can’t! Not anymore …. I've decided to take a sabbatical from work and booked a flight for 6 months so that we can wait the remaining time out there in Canada. I’m sure there is more to life than logging into the CIC website 10 times a day yearning to see “In Processing”
I’m hoping this move will not be detrimental to my application, as I wouldn't be able to handle the fall out…. I understand and appreciate the VO’s need to do what they need to do for the safety of all and appreciate the constraints they may be working under but what I don’t understand is why they change the process mid flow and then expect those that applied 6 months prior the change to submit information which was never requested in the first place… Then to add insult to injury you have to wait 4 months for them to deal with that information. ::)

Anyway I was hoping if anyone could advise me of a Canadian website for private tutors within the Ontario area… Any advice would be warmly welcomed…

Again apologies for poor my emotions out here on the forum....

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Eureka2011 said:
Just talking...feel free to ignore as I'm feeling so low at the moment... :'(

Over the past few months I have begun to see the detrimental effects this arduous process is having on my daughter's well-being ... I kept on saying not much longer the end is in sight... but now I'm not so sure.... We have been going through this process since Jan 2011 and I'm a British Citizen who is a civil servant .... If it was only me, I would just sit it out but when you watch an adolescent who is desperate to start living her life as a young women and who is becoming so depressed and insulate with all the things we have had to endure to get to this point, what do you do? I'm fed up of saying you can't commit to this because we might not be here... she can't finish her GCSE's because she may not be here.... How many times can you say no or put the child's aspirations and dreams on hold?

Well I can't! Not anymore .... I've decided to take a sabbatical from work and booked a flight for 6 months so that we can wait the remaining time out there in Canada. I'm sure there is more to life than logging into the CIC website 10 times a day yearning to see “In Processing”
I'm hoping this move will not be detrimental to my application, as I wouldn't be able to handle the fall out.... I understand and appreciate the VO's need to do what they need to do for the safety of all and appreciate the constraints they may be working under but what I don't understand is why they change the process mid flow and then expect those that applied 6 months prior the change to submit information which was never requested in the first place... Then to add insult to injury you have to wait 4 months for them to deal with that information. ::)

Anyway I was hoping if anyone could advise me of a Canadian website for private tutors within the Ontario area... Any advice would be warmly welcomed...

I feel your pain, I am constantly saying no to my daughter also as we can't commit to anything....however

if you do go to ontario, they are the only province which allows children to attend school with no immigration status and if you husband/wife is a citizen and working it should be free...

http://settlement.org/sys/whatshappen_detail.asp?anno_id=2008761

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Eureka2011 said:

Over the past few months I have begun to see the detrimental effects this arduous process is having on my daughter's well-being ... I kept on saying not much longer the end is in sight... but now I'm not so sure.... We have been going through this process since Jan 2011 and I'm a British Citizen who is a civil servant .... If it was only me, I would just sit it out but when you watch an adolescent who is desperate to start living her life as a young women and who is becoming so depressed and insulate with all the things we have had to endure to get to this point, what do you do? I'm fed up of saying you can't commit to this because we might not be here... she can't finish her GCSE's because she may not be here.... How many times can you say no or put the child's aspirations and dreams on hold?

Well I can't! Not anymore .... I've decided to take a sabbatical from work and booked a flight for 6 months so that we can wait the remaining time out there in Canada. I'm sure there is more to life than logging into the CIC website 10 times a day yearning to see “In Processing”
I'm hoping this move will not be detrimental to my application, as I wouldn't be able to handle the fall out.... I understand and appreciate the VO's need to do what they need to do for the safety of all and appreciate the constraints they may be working under but what I don't understand is why they change the process mid flow and then expect those that applied 6 months prior the change to submit information which was never requested in the first place... Then to add insult to injury you have to wait 4 months for them to deal with that information. ::)

Anyway I was hoping if anyone could advise me of a Canadian website for private tutors within the Ontario area... Any advice would be warmly welcomed...

Since January 2011??!! Good god. What a nightmare. I feel for you. It's hard enough for those that only have themselves to worry about, but I can't imagine how it must be for the folks with kids like yourself and Scottishmaple. I think you've made an excellent decision to head to Ontario and get it over with.

As for the issue of schooling, will you be in Toronto or elsewhere? For education, I know that schools in Toronto do not require people to be residents officially. You could enrol your daughter in school without having to provide anything (I know that sounds incredible, but it's designed to ensure the welfare of children who may have not had a say in coming to Canada illegally). I reckon you could explain the situation you're in and that you will soon be getting PR.

We all feel your pain, and I hope you and your daughter pull through it! In fact, I don't hope. I know you will. No need to hope for a certainty.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Eureka2011 said:

Feel free to vent - that's part of the forum too! and I hope it gets better soon.
You're way passed the processing time - did you husband contact his MP to have a look into it?
And - I don't think it will be detrimental... quite a few people here (myself included) moved to Canada on tourist visa and waited out the PR there, and it didn't change anything. Just make sure you change your address on ecas when you move, so the COPR can be sent to your address directly.
Good luck, hope you hear soon,
Sweden

Eureka2011

Apr 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/12/2012
Doc's Request.
10/05/2013
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
21/01/2013
Med's Done....
07/12/2013
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
07/08/2013
Thanks for the confirming I am doing the right thing for me and my family... it so daunting and I’m beginning to get overwhelmed by it all… Anyway
Concerning the school, my husband resides in Ontario and during my last visit we visited the local secondary school. I explained the situation however they flatly refused to register her for this September and insisted they would not register her without her landing papers. Maybe I’ll have better luck this time.....

Regarding the delay... All I can say is your better off not owning your own business as they go through it with a fine tooth comb before you can even submit your application for stage one... Nightmare...

jackmb

Nov 14, 2012
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/01/2013
AOR Received.
20/02/2013
File Transfer...
20/02/2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Hi Everyone,

Thought I would join the party in here as I am currently awaiting for my PR application to be approved.

Only been waiting a little over 3 months since my application was received by the CIC so not sweating it too much yet :D

I am a British Citizen and my wife is Dual Citizen - Canada and UK. We currently live in the UK. I have lived in the UK all my life but my wife only moved here shortly after meeting me (Thank god for her Scottish Dad :D).

We married in August last year but was a bit slow with the application and didnt send it to early this year. If we had been on the ball we could be in the final stages now (well based on the processing times).

ECAS Stats:
App Received: 30th Jan 2013
Sponser Approved: 20th Feb 2013
Medical Carried Out: 4th December 2012

It will be good to chat with others in the same boat, me and my wife feel that we are in "limbo" at the moment and can't continue with our lives until I get approved.

Regards
Jack

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
jackmb said:
Hi Everyone,

Thought I would join the party in here as I am currently awaiting for my PR application to be approved.

Only been waiting a little over 3 months since my application was received by the CIC so not sweating it too much yet :D

I am a British Citizen and my wife is Dual Citizen - Canada and UK. We currently live in the UK. I have lived in the UK all my life but my wife only moved here shortly after meeting me (Thank god for her Scottish Dad :D).

We married in August last year but was a bit slow with the application and didnt send it to early this year. If we had been on the ball we could be in the final stages now (well based on the processing times).

ECAS Stats:
App Received: 30th Jan 2013
Sponser Approved: 20th Feb 2013
Medical Carried Out: 4th December 2012

It will be good to chat with others in the same boat, me and my wife feel that we are in "limbo" at the moment and can't continue with our lives until I get approved.

Regards
Jack
Welcome to the party! I wouldn't worry that you didn't apply right after getting married. In fact, it'll probably mean that you won't be subjected to much scrutiny on the relationship front! Also glad that your wife is a dual citizen. UKBA may be quicker that CIC but they are not cheap or charming!

Hopefully it'll be a swift and painless process for you!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Eureka2011 said:
Thanks for the confirming I am doing the right thing for me and my family... it so daunting and I'm beginning to get overwhelmed by it all... Anyway
Concerning the school, my husband resides in Ontario and during my last visit we visited the local secondary school. I explained the situation however they flatly refused to register her for this September and insisted they would not register her without her landing papers. Maybe I'll have better luck this time.....

Regarding the delay... All I can say is your better off not owning your own business as they go through it with a fine tooth comb before you can even submit your application for stage one... Nightmare...
try different schools - ultimately, it's the principal of the school that has the power to take the decision ( even in provinces where there is nothing about that situation in the law), so it's worth checking a few schools - and I would recommend that your husband also comes with you if possible. He is sponsoring a child in the country, and the PR will be granted sooner or later - so he can insist ( nicely!) that the child should go to school and not miss out... try until you find a school that will accept your daughter.
GOod luck,
Sweden

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've just logged in to ECAS to see 'Decision Made'! :D

How safe is it to assume that this is a positive decision? I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be but I guess you can never be sure can you?

Also, how long does it normally take for the COPR email or letter to arrive (we're in the UK)? They have corresponded with my husband (the applicant) by email before so assume they will for this. We are hoping to book our flights this weekend and would really like to book one-way tickets!

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since sending my last message the postman has delivered my husband and daughter's COPR! We're so happy and hugely relieved! :D

jackmb

Nov 14, 2012
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/01/2013
AOR Received.
20/02/2013
File Transfer...
20/02/2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
MandyRobertson said:
Since sending my last message the postman has delivered my husband and daughter's COPR! We're so happy and hugely relieved! :D
Congrats, good to see some good news :D

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
I almost don't believe it but.....Decision Made!!! This whole process makes you a gibbering wreck and so wish they would say good / bad decision but as they have changed my address to Canada I live in hope!! Am I safe to crack open a beer?? Well it is only 9.30 in the morning here so might wait a little :D

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
claire_09 said:
I almost don't believe it but.....Decision Made!!! This whole process makes you a gibbering wreck and so wish they would say good / bad decision but as they have changed my address to Canada I live in hope!! Am I safe to crack open a beer?? Well it is only 9.30 in the morning here so might wait a little :D
Time is simply earth's rotation relative to the sun. That's about 150 million kilometers away. Meanwhile, the circumference of the earth is only about 40000 kilometers. Divide that by 24 (for the 24 rough timezones on earth. So for each timezone, that's 1666 kilometers.

That makes our distance from the sun, divided by the distance from the edge of one timezone to another, to be around 90000 kilometers per timezone.

My point. Who gives a crap what time it is?! Grab a beer!