+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
DGT said:
Time is simply earth's rotation relative to the sun. That's about 150 million kilometers away. Meanwhile, the circumference of the earth is only about 40000 kilometers. Divide that by 24 (for the 24 rough timezones on earth. So for each timezone, that's 1666 kilometers.

That makes our distance from the sun, divided by the distance from the edge of one timezone to another, to be around 90000 kilometers per timezone.

My point. Who gives a crap what time it is?! Grab a beer!
LOL.....what great reasoning :)

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
MandyRobertson said:
Since sending my last message the postman has delivered my husband and daughter's COPR! We're so happy and hugely relieved! :D
congrats there,good luck by the way ive news too i did email the cic in london after been in the dark i decided to make a move to know what was happening ,guess what folks?after 48 hrs of sending an email i received an email from the london visa office asking me to give information regarding my hubby address since the age of 18 which in the initial application asks for the past 10 years or since 18 yrs depending on your age ,and i was also asked crb check for my hubby who resided in our country of origin till the age of 22 , further more ive been given 2 months to send the document ,Is that a joke if I didnt send an email ,would that mean they would have never get in touch with me or what ...,Im just trying to figure out how these people work anyways folks im sharing my experience of canada immigration ,so tired of waiting,

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
I finally got my SA this morning, now on to London! ;D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
MandyRobertson said:
Since sending my last message the postman has delivered my husband and daughter's COPR! We're so happy and hugely relieved! :D
congrats! that was a fast delivery of COPR!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
claire_09 said:
I almost don't believe it but.....Decision Made!!! This whole process makes you a gibbering wreck and so wish they would say good / bad decision but as they have changed my address to Canada I live in hope!! Am I safe to crack open a beer?? Well it is only 9.30 in the morning here so might wait a little :D
congrats - a beer indeed - by the time I post, it's time for a beer anyway ( plus it's always time for a beer somewhere in the world, who said you had to stick to your time zone? :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ghunter said:
Welcome welcome! :)

londongurl said:
congrats there,good luck by the way ive news too i did email the cic in london after been in the dark i decided to make a move to know what was happening ,guess what folks?after 48 hrs of sending an email i received an email from the london visa office asking me to give information regarding my hubby address since the age of 18 which in the initial application asks for the past 10 years or since 18 yrs depending on your age ,and i was also asked crb check for my hubby who resided in our country of origin till the age of 22 , further more ive been given 2 months to send the document ,Is that a joke if I didnt send an email ,would that mean they would have never get in touch with me or what ...,Im just trying to figure out how these people work anyways folks im sharing my experience of canada immigration ,so tired of waiting,
don't think about it too much - CIC doesn't necessary have a logic! and also there are many things that we're not aware, so best is to just do as they say - the faster you send the documents, the faster they receive them.... and process your case.
They may have been preparing the email to you, and you just happened to check at the same time... or they may have left your file aside for a few days, and picked it up when you asked for information. Who knows? it doesn't really matter at that point - somebody is working on your file and that's good news!
Sweden

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Sweden said:
Welcome welcome! :)

don't think about it too much - CIC doesn't necessary have a logic! and also there are many things that we're not aware, so best is to just do as they say - the faster you send the documents, the faster they receive them.... and process your case.
They may have been preparing the email to you, and you just happened to check at the same time... or they may have left your file aside for a few days, and picked it up when you asked for information. Who knows? it doesn't really matter at that point - somebody is working on your file and that's good news!
Sweden
thanks sweden ,I didnt see it that way because im so angry ,good I share it on the forum where you saw it through another angle made me see sense and made me cool down:) thats why i love sharing information cause when you share you know more ,thanks sweden im going to wait thats all i ve to..patience god bless us all

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
So we got our MP involved in our case 2 days ago... yesterday they sent us a form that we needed to sign so they could formally inquire on our case.

Today, the MP's rep for immigration got back to us:

Hello Katelyn:
Our case is going really fast according to CIC. I will ask for an update within a month. My direct line is xxx-xxxx.
Best wishes
Neyda

VERY Impressed with the MP's office! My birthday is June 14th so if a miracle were to happen before then I will probably pass out.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
MandyRobertson said:
I've just logged in to ECAS to see 'Decision Made'! :D

How safe is it to assume that this is a positive decision? I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be but I guess you can never be sure can you?

Also, how long does it normally take for the COPR email or letter to arrive (we're in the UK)? They have corresponded with my husband (the applicant) by email before so assume they will for this. We are hoping to book our flights this weekend and would really like to book one-way tickets!
Wow thats a fast COPR! Congratulations!

claire_09 said:
I almost don't believe it but.....Decision Made!!! This whole process makes you a gibbering wreck and so wish they would say good / bad decision but as they have changed my address to Canada I live in hope!! Am I safe to crack open a beer?? Well it is only 9.30 in the morning here so might wait a little :D
YOU GOT WHAAAAAAAAATTTTT?????

Congratulations, so relieved for you. You have been waiting a long time and are now a lovely shade of RED!!

ghunter said:
Great News

Now onto the Looooooonnnnnnnngggggggg road!! Spreadsheet has been updated!

katelynlc said:
So we got our MP involved in our case 2 days ago... yesterday they sent us a form that we needed to sign so they could formally inquire on our case.

Today, the MP's rep for immigration got back to us:

Hello Katelyn:
Our case is going really fast according to CIC. I will ask for an update within a month. My direct line is xxx-xxxx.
Best wishes
Neyda

VERY Impressed with the MP's office! My birthday is June 14th so if a miracle were to happen before then I will probably pass out.
Great News.

My MP has news for us, but for some reason wants to keep it a secret....My husband has called his office 4 times and the guy refuses to call us back...lol

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Hey Maple!

Hope it's good news from the MP's office. I really do.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
Hey Maple!

Hope it's good news from the MP's office. I really do.
Me too, but I have a funny feeling he is either going to say either....a) tell us we have to have our medicals done again, b) have to just get my daughters medical done again, c) The standard CIC response ' we are processing your application and don't call us we'll call you'

or my favourite d) you are screwed

Much appreciated DGT - I know you know how I feel!

jackmb

Nov 14, 2012
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/01/2013
AOR Received.
20/02/2013
File Transfer...
20/02/2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Alot of people getting good news today it seems.

I will have to keep my MP in mind if my application drags out.

I have a few questions for everyone, if anyone knows the answers i would be grateful.
1. Whats the spreadsheet i keep hearing about?
2. How come I cannot change my profile to have a fancy signature....I feel left out lol

:D

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
scottishmaple said:
Me too, but I have a funny feeling he is either going to say either....a) tell us we have to have our medicals done again, b) have to just get my daughters medical done again, c) The standard CIC response ' we are processing your application and don't call us we'll call you'

Thank you for the update...whoever thought seeing my name turn red would be soooooo emotional - I've finally stopped blubbing :-[

I really hope they get themselves together with your daughters medical. Think their automated response says they will reply in 28 days...has this time elapsed - might it be time for another e-mail really laying it on the line for them that yours and your daughters medical were done by same doctor and submitted together and that their refusal to communicate with you on something as important as a minor's medical is really freaking you out, maybe you could outline the challenges your husband has in Canada right now, mark it URGENT, URGENT, URGENT - ok my phrasing might be a little harsh and could rub them up the wrong way and I'm sure you are on top of it all but really feel for you....hang on in there

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
jackmb said:
Alot of people getting good news today it seems.

I will have to keep my MP in mind if my application drags out.

I have a few questions for everyone, if anyone knows the answers i would be grateful.
1. Whats the spreadsheet i keep hearing about?
2. How come I cannot change my profile to have a fancy signature....I feel left out lol

:D
1. Forum users add their Timelines to Spreadsheets to keep a track of applicants progress. It can sometimes help us to track london's progress by comparing other users who have similar timelines....here is the london VO spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvI5l_hMO7UKdHc2LUJuZ2Itcld2Vk1WR25GeVZxYVE#gid=0 if you would like to be added, just post your timeline (details required for the spreadsheet)

2. You cannot change your profile to have fancy stuff until you make a certain number of postings so once you reach 10, you can change or add certain aspects of your profile, the more you post the more fancy stuff you can do ;D

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:

As long as they have some constructive information for you. If you have to get medicals done again, it'd be nice to actually be told about it! You shouldn't have to chase down CIC to find out what you have to do, to fix THEIR mistakes. It's very interesting following the progression of Canadian politics with regards to immigration. Jason Kenney and the CPC have been all about "streamlining" visas for temporary workers while creating a massive backlog in the sponsorship category. Why? Because they're more interested in cheap labour for corporate Canada rather than the right of their citizens to be with their loved ones. In the past, it was a case of everyone showing up in Canada as an immigrant was treated as a "New Canadian". I feel like those days are dead and gone under this government.

By the way, anyone who ever thought Canadian politics was boring should really check it out! It's dramatic stuff!