+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
scottishmaple said:
london have just increased their processing times to 10 months
In fairness, isn't this figure quite high because London processes applications for some other countries too, and these ones take longer to do?

British citizens still seem to be getting through fairly quickly. I say that a little hesitantly; never in my life would I think a 5 month wait is 'fairly quick', but when you consider the wait that some people have to go through...

dannypee

Jan 29, 2013
Okay so COPR arrived today and im going to flag pole at Couts on Monday its time for me to tap out guys I just want to thank you all for keeping me sane and giving me support going through this nightmare, I wish all who are waiting a speedy process and a great life in Canada the good news for me is because ive been out here so long in the Army I can apply for my citizen ship in a matter of months !!!

my time line is as follows:
DANNYPEE
COMMON LAW
APPLICATION RECIEVED 24 AUG 2012
TRANSFERED TO LONDON 15 OCT 2012
EXTRA DOCS 9 JAN 2013
DM 3 MAY 2013
COPR RECIEVED IN CANADA 14 MAY 2013
INTERVIEW WAIVED

Be cool guys and remember if you want to email bloody email !!!! the service aint free !!!

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
mic_midd86 said:
So I called the local airport as I was told by CIC that they could stamp my passport so I didn't need to wait till my Pr card came in the mail. The lady I spoke to on the phone was really nice, took my details and said she would call me back. She did, and told me that the officer in Vancouver clearly didn't know what he was doing and hadn't completed the process properly, so actually my Pr status was never put through! So I could of waited 8 weeks with no work to find out I still wasn't a PR!
The officer in Vancouver has a copy of my COPR and I have a copy stapled into my passport, hopefully Friday will be a good day for me....I'll post once everything is done n dusted.
Its a total joke, but I'm trying to look on the bright side.....
this is just outrageous!!! Like you said you could have waited for the pr card to arrive and wasted yet another 8 weeks, I mean common man!! (To the officer) like we haven't waited enough already!!!!! This just makes me so upset!! I'm happy you detected it fairly early though! Good luck on your second flagpole!

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
Finally got the courage to send London an email this morning, the first time I've communicated with them since sending in the application in November. I know we're well within "normal processing times," so I don't know if we'll get a response or not, but I thought it might be worth a shot. The only thing - it said my email address (the one I put on our original application) was invalid for some reason, so I had to use a different one.

Also - after I sent it I didn't receive any automatic confirmation from them, at least not yet. Is that normal?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Korma said:
In fairness, isn't this figure quite high because London processes applications for some other countries too, and these ones take longer to do?

British citizens still seem to be getting through fairly quickly. I say that a little hesitantly; never in my life would I think a 5 month wait is 'fairly quick', but when you consider the wait that some people have to go through...
I find the applications which are straight forward, couple no kids british/canadian no travels etc etc are quick but as soon as you add a kid or a divorce or even in another country for 6 months, cic can't cope.

If the processing time is at 10 months average that means there is a significant number of applications not being prcessed in 5/6 months for it to be that high.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
blueboom said:
Thanks. We emailed them immediately with everything we had. luckily we have a copy of the electronic signature. We only had until June 1 to submit the passport so hopefully they locate it soon because I am unsure they would be willing to admit responsibility for a lost passport.
Haha they emailed back saying it's probably in their backlog because they're processing passports received may 1. ok then.

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
processing wait time increased to 10 months ,i feel so down why ,dont they feel anything for couples to be reunited now i feel so angry with those scam application you people out there who are not genuine stop sending application let the cic people deal with genuine couple let them be united cause waiting is not easy your life is on hold 10 month + still the approval of sporshorsip it takes lots and life is short we dont know what might happen to us do you people realise and understand what we go through, how it is to live without your hubby,im so frustrated cant take it anymore ,cic peeps wake up work for couple to be reunited please ,if youpeople who work at cic was to be be separated with your hubby/wife how would you take it ,would you stay still and wait so treat people as you would like to be treated anyone out there can you transfer the message to the minister instead of getting loads of skilled worker and economic or even refugees in reunite couples first which i believe is more important ,any comments peeps im so frustrated ,just venting out my anger on this forum as no one will take notice of this ....life goes on people working in cic just see us as a file no consideration for our feelings and nothing for the time lost waiting for our partners ..... what a joke immigration canada

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
londongurl said:
processing wait time increased to 10 months ,i feel so down why ,dont they feel anything for couples to be reunited now i feel so angry with those scam application you people out there who are not genuine stop sending application let the cic people deal with genuine couple let them be united cause waiting is not easy your life is on hold 10 month + still the approval of sporshorsip it takes lots and life is short we dont know what might happen to us do you people realise and understand what we go through, how it is to live without your hubby,im so frustrated cant take it anymore ,cic peeps wake up work for couple to be reunited please ,if youpeople who work at cic was to be be separated with your hubby/wife how would you take it ,would you stay still and wait so treat people as you would like to be treated anyone out there can you transfer the message to the minister instead of getting loads of skilled worker and economic or even refugees in reunite couples first which i believe is more important ,any comments peeps im so frustrated ,just venting out my anger on this forum as no one will take notice of this ....life goes on people working in cic just see us as a file no consideration for our feelings and nothing for the time lost waiting for our partners ..... what a joke immigration canada
I really feel your frustration, if it helps, you are not alone (even though it may feel like it).

Majority of people applying are in a genuine relationship however it is the few who make life more difficult for the masses, hence the more regid and time consuming checks. You are applying the fastest route, those in the routes you mention wait far longer and are often at a higher risk of being denied and some couples wait up to 5 years to be together, so 10 months isn't long.

You are also within normal processing times (althought I am sure that is not what you want to hear right now) there are other people in Oct who are also waiting like DGT. I am sure (unless there are questions about your information provided or you are Non Visa Exempt) that you will hear soon. In fact I am betting you will get a DM before me and I applied in August.

I do sympathise, I am living in another country to my husband and my daughter is living without a father right now and my step son has been admitted to hospital in Canda having seizures and I can't be there to comfort my husband. I will pray for your application to be processed quickly tonight and hope that my angels will hear me and whisper a little nudge in your VO's ear!

SM ;D

x

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
scottishmaple said:
I really feel your frustration, if it helps, you are not alone (even though it may feel like it).

Majority of people applying are in a genuine relationship however it is the few who make life more difficult for the masses, hence the more regid and time consuming checks. You are applying the fastest route, those in the routes you mention wait far longer and are often at a higher risk of being denied and some couples wait up to 5 years to be together, so 10 months isn't long.

You are also within normal processing times (althought I am sure that is not what you want to hear right now) there are other people in Oct who are also waiting like DGT. I am sure (unless there are questions about your information provided or you are Non Visa Exempt) that you will hear soon. In fact I am betting you will get a DM before me and I applied in August.

I do sympathise, I am living in another country to my husband and my daughter is living without a father right now and my step son has been admitted to hospital in Canda having seizures and I can't be there to comfort my husband. I will pray for your application to be processed quickly tonight and hope that my angels will hear me and whisper a little nudge in your VO's ear!

SM ;
x
thank you Sm,
It make me cry I know people are in same situation as i am there are ups and down i feel so bad for you that you cant even be with your son who is ill right nowi understand that though the feeling is different cause im not the one undergoing it.My husband is visa exempt but i dont know how cic works its all pile of file on their table when i applied for my spouse visa for uk i received it in 2 weeks though a paid an expensive rate but i would not have mind if we had that option at least you get a decision faster with this method by the time they open your file something is missing you are still in dark not knowing what is happening ,on top of that you still have to wait if there are missing documents...thanks though for your encouraging words,god bless you,hope we all get a fast decision soon

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
So, when you email CIC, is it normal not to receive an automated response? I haven't received one yet (some 8 or 9 hours later), though I'm quite sure I wrote the email address correctly. They say you should receive one within 24 hours of sending your inquiry, and it hasn't been that long yet, but I thought the automated response would probably be immediate...

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Eabie said:
So, when you email CIC, is it normal not to receive an automated response? I haven't received one yet (some 8 or 9 hours later), though I'm quite sure I wrote the email address correctly. They say you should receive one within 24 hours of sending your inquiry, and it hasn't been that long yet, but I thought the automated response would probably be immediate...
Usually I get one within a couple of hours. Perhaps the email address was typed wrong....or did you check your junk mail folder?

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
scottishmaple said:
Usually I get one within a couple of hours. Perhaps the email address was typed wrong....or did you check your junk mail folder?
i didn't get one either, I sent a case specific inquiry last week... :S

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
SwedentoQuebec said:
i didn't get one either, I sent a case specific inquiry last week... :S
hmmmm I always get one

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
scottishmaple said:
I'm confident I didn't type it wrong (though I guess it's possible), and it's not in my junk folder. They say "within 24 hours" so that's what I'll give it, but I have a feeling I just won't get one at all. Not sure what I'll do when I need to update my mailing address in less than a month if they don't even get my emails.... guess I'll try my husband's addy next time.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
The saga continues. Today marks my first 6 months in Canada! Filed my visitor extension today (just in time!). I asked for 3 months, but I am praying that I will have my COPR before they even have time to process it. The payment procedure proved pretty stressful I must say. There wasn't enough space for me to put in my address that the credit card is registered to so it kept getting declined! Had to call the call centre (which took about 45 minutes). They advised me just to put in the first characters of my address exactly as it is, and that seemed to work even though it was only my apartment number.

Bloody CIC. Everything is a struggle.