+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

AfShe

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
blueboom said:
congrats again, afshe!

guys, we are having a problem. I don't know if to be worried. my husband's passport was delivered to chc london on may 8, which we know from the tracking number (was signed for by "security rm".) we emailed London and asked if they received the self addressed envelope because the person who mailed the package didn't get the tracking number for the return envelope.

They emailed us back and said they hadn't received his passport. I am at a loss as to what to do. I don't know if it's a case of it going through different departments or if they've actually lost it.
oh no, I hope the issue is resolved soon for you! try emailing them again with as much information as possible...

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So a wee turn in my saga of becoming a PR....the immigration officer in Vancouver airport didn't complete all of the paperwork for me when I arrived( prob cause he was busy talking to his buddy beside him about how much he made on his house sale!)
So I have to flag pole!! What did I pay for again? This is a joke! I now only have my copy of COPR, here's hoping it goes better 2nd time around! Heading to Washington Thursday....

cat_herder

Jul 21, 2012
Hi all,

I had my COPR approved a while back, travelled to Vancouver to get my documents sorted, and have been waiting for my PR card to arrive since (its getting sent to a relative's house in Canada, as I've since travelled back to the uk to prepare for the move in the summer).

However, rather than getting my PR card through, my relative recieved a letter saying that they've changed the required specifications for the photos needed for the PR card since I made my original application, and they need me to submit some new pictures.

The guide says the new pictures need to 'bare the date' of when they were taken on the back of the picture. I just neatly wrote the date in black pen on the back, but now someone said that I should have had this 'stamped on' by the photographer, and I'm a little concerned I've submitted the wrong thing which will delay matters. Can anyone confirm or deny whether this is likely to be an issue?

Thanks!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Hi there!

This is an issue that arises from the different process of getting a photo taken in Canada. Normally, a photographer there will certify that you are who you say you are and when the picture was taken (as opposed to getting one from a "Pillar of the Community" like in the UK). I would suggest that you look for a good passport photo photographer who is familiar with the process. My wife and I both had them done in Glasgow and the photographer immediately knew what it was that we needed done when we explained it was for Canada. One of the seniors may have some better advice though.

Good luck!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mic_midd86 said:
So a wee turn in my saga of becoming a PR....the immigration officer in Vancouver airport didn't complete all of the paperwork for me when I arrived( prob cause he was busy talking to his buddy beside him about how much he made on his house sale!)
So I have to flag pole!! What did I pay for again? This is a joke! I now only have my copy of COPR, here's hoping it goes better 2nd time around! Heading to Washington Thursday....
Seriously? What did they do wrong? How did you find out?

jbkon

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
Korma said:
Congratulations and good luck, I'm sure everything will go smoothly.
Thanks! Yes, yes it did! Took us like 10-15minutes. My husband just has to initial a few places and sign. No questions asked, no hassle.

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
Hey

How do i get myself onto one of these spreadsheets. My details are:

CkMaddall Esq.
Meds: 5th March 2013
App Received: 2nd May 2013
Gf accepted as sponsor: 14th May 2013
Office: London
Heading to: Winnipeg on 10th June
Favorite colour: Blue... no red.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
CkMaddall said:
Hey

How do i get myself onto one of these spreadsheets. My details are:

CkMaddall Esq.
Meds: 5th March 2013
App Received: 2nd May 2013
Gf accepted as sponsor: 14th May 2013
Office: London
Heading to: Winnipeg on 10th June
Favorite colour: Blue... no red.
I have added you to the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvI5l_hMO7UKdHc2LUJuZ2Itcld2Vk1WR25GeVZxYVE#gid=18

and I can guarantee by the time you have Decision Made on Ecas RED will be your favourite colour.. ;D

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Sweden said:
email them again, scan a copy of the tracking number, and explain that it has been signed on that day by "security rm". Give them all the details possible to help them locate your passport. If you give them the proof that the passport has arrived at the embassy and has been signed for, they will look for it - and find it. It's the last stretch!!

Good luck,
Sweden
Thanks. We emailed them immediately with everything we had. luckily we have a copy of the electronic signature. We only had until June 1 to submit the passport so hopefully they locate it soon because I am unsure they would be willing to admit responsibility for a lost passport.

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Seriously? What did they do wrong? How did you find out?
So I called the local airport as I was told by CIC that they could stamp my passport so I didn't need to wait till my Pr card came in the mail. The lady I spoke to on the phone was really nice, took my details and said she would call me back. She did, and told me that the officer in Vancouver clearly didn't know what he was doing and hadn't completed the process properly, so actually my Pr status was never put through! So I could of waited 8 weeks with no work to find out I still wasn't a PR!
The officer in Vancouver has a copy of my COPR and I have a copy stapled into my passport, hopefully Friday will be a good day for me....I'll post once everything is done n dusted.
Its a total joke, but I'm trying to look on the bright side.....

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
scottishmaple said:
I have added you to the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvI5l_hMO7UKdHc2LUJuZ2Itcld2Vk1WR25GeVZxYVE#gid=18

and I can guarantee by the time you have Decision Made on Ecas RED will be your favourite colour.. ;D
Cheers - by the way, we are Common Law :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Partner's PR card arrived today :). Good timing, since we're off to Mexico tonight and were hoping to have it before we went.

Processing time was 35 days when he landed and kept going up over the past 2 months. It took 55 days to arrive from the day he landed.

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
jbkon said:
Thanks! Yes, yes it did! Took us like 10-15minutes. My husband just has to initial a few places and sign. No questions asked, no hassle.
Great to hear! Enjoy the rest of your lives together :)