+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
Yeah Sweden suggested it, however I'm a little worried that I will be seen as overacting getting my MP involved. The average is 9 months and as of today I am sitting at 7 months processing in London (total of 8.5 months) so I am not sure I will be taken seriously, or deemed that important.
It's absolutely not an overreaction nor will it be construed as such. I know that you are within the "acceptable" timeframe for London, but the fact that CIC have mishandled your daughter's Biodata and are refusing to engage with you regarding that situation is unacceptable. I would highly recommend you do it! After all your husband is a Canadian Citizen (I'm assuming? If not he's a potential new Canadian!), and has a right to be with his family. I think contacting the MP might be the best way for you to get this matter looked into further. Your MP will be falling over himself to help you out given the current political climate in Canada (you'd think the election was happening next week, not in 2015!).

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
dakar23 said:
Hi, i have no idea..

hope it would be a new system and they will send PPR soon.

They probably made the decision to approve for PR.

I am waiting long after my interview no news yet.

Hope for the best.

Regards
sorry I had missed your message. Thank you. Hopefully my consultant hears something soon.

I hope you don't have to wait much longer.

Sufi2013

Apr 25, 2013
Hey, i was wondering if someone could help. Ecas just updated me saying medical results have been received. Does this mean my application is in process? Should i be expecting anything from
The london office?

Thanks in advance.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sufi2013 said:
Hey, i was wondering if someone could help. Ecas just updated me saying medical results have been received. Does this mean my application is in process? Should i be expecting anything from
The london office?

Thanks in advance.
It means they have matched your medical results to your file and London are looking at it. Not sure when you applied, but london is an average of 9 months processing. They wont contact you unless they require further information or they have made a Decision.

Sufi2013

Apr 25, 2013
scottishmaple said:
It means they have matched your medical results to your file and London are looking at it. Not sure when you applied, but london is an average of 9 months processing. They wont contact you unless they require further information or they have made a Decision.
Ecas says london received my application on november 16th 2012, however thats the date i sent my the whole file to mississaaga, ontario. Im actually sponsoring my wife. Shes the pr applicant.

Now im confused as to when the processing time began in london. Would be the 16th of november 2012 like it says on ecas? Any idea?

Thanks.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sufi2013 said:
Ecas says london received my application on november 16th 2012, however thats the date i sent my the whole file to mississaaga, ontario. Im actually sponsoring my wife. Shes the pr applicant.

Now im confused as to when the processing time began in london. Would be the 16th of november 2012 like it says on ecas? Any idea?

Thanks.
No, when did you receive Sponsorship approval?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Sufi2013 said:

Thanks.
Hi Sufi! If it doesn't say on ECAS that you are in progress, then processing hasn't begun in London yet. For example, my ECAS says that London received my application on October 19th (my Mississauga date), and that I went to "In Process" on the 26th of March. Hope that helps!

If you're looking for a guide on how long it will take though, bear in mind that the times stated on the website for processing do included the time that you've been waiting for London to open your file. Judging from your timeline, you shouldn't have too much longer to wait.

Sufi2013

Apr 25, 2013
DGT said:
Hi Sufi! If it doesn't say on ECAS that you are in progress, then processing hasn't begun in London yet. For example, my ECAS says that London received my application on October 19th (my Mississauga date), and that I went to "In Process" on the 26th of March. Hope that helps!

If you're looking for a guide on how long it will take though, bear in mind that the times stated on the website for processing do included the time that you've been waiting for London to open your file. Judging from your timeline, you shouldn't have too much longer to wait.
Thanks DGT. Hope your right.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sufi2013 said:
Received sponsorship approval january 28th 2013.
So your Timeline would be

Application Received by CPC-Miss. - 16th Nov 12
Sponsorship Approval - 28th Jan 13
(So taken that it probably took 2 weeks to get to London, london would have received your file 11th Jan approx)

So average processing is 9 months in london from mid January... If you look at the spreadsheet in my signature below and look at tab 2012 you will see others that are similar to your timeline.....

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Immigration007 said:
Thanks sweden!
They mentioned that medicals expired so might need new ones and the police report also..

And how does the passport process work now?
As she doesnt need a visa to enter canada..

Anyone familiar with process can enlight me?
If she doesn't need a visa to enter Canada, then they will issue a COPR (confirmation of PR) and send it to her mailing address ( I suppose it's in Norway). with that, she can land as PR when she arrives in Canada. She shouldn't say anything about having her COPR when she boards the plane, as the airline staff are not trained to recognize a COPR and might get confused. If she has a passport to allows her to travel to Canada without a visa, then she can just say she is going for a visit. Once she arrives in Canada, she can tell the immigration officer that she needs to land as a PR and present her passport + COPR.
She won't need to send her passport if she doesn't require a visa to enter Canada.
The medicals might be extended, if it has been done less than 15 months ago. But it can only be done if it is not expired already. Police certificates - it really depends, so I don't really know about that.
If it goes into "decision made" without more request for info, it means that the COPR has been sent out!
Good luck,
Sweden

Sufi2013

Apr 25, 2013
Thanks scottishmaple.

One more thing i would like to know.

My wife is a british citizen, so will she be getting a passport request? Or will she just get her COPR?

Thanks.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Sufi2013 said:
Thanks scottishmaple.

One more thing i would like to know.

My wife is a british citizen, so will she be getting a passport request? Or will she just get her COPR?

Thanks.
just the COPR. Visa-exempt applicants don't have to send their passport anymore - see my previous answer (post just before yours). THe COPR will be mailed to your wife directly.
Sweden

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
scottishmaple said:
So your Timeline would be

Application Received by CPC-Miss. - 16th Nov 12
Sponsorship Approval - 28th Jan 13
(So taken that it probably took 2 weeks to get to London, london would have received your file 11th Jan approx)

So average processing is 9 months in london from mid January... If you look at the spreadsheet in my signature below and look at tab 2012 you will see others that are similar to your timeline.....
Lol, I think you had a blonde moment scottishmaple :p. London would have received Sufi2013's app around Feb 11th, so she should be looking ahead from mid Feb, not Jan.

Looking at ECAS 100 times a day can addle the mind!! ;)