+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pa19007

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6 2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 5, 2013 - IN PROCESS MARCH 11
AOR Received.
Oct 17, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2012
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013 - DECISIO MADE!!
Hello,

Our PR letter was just forwarded to us by our neighbors. They decided to open the letter and re-enclosed in a smaller envelope. I want to make sure we have everything we need before we leave to land in Abottsford this weekend.

If you have received your COPR - please help!

We received:

1. Letter that said the date we must arrive in canada - July 27
2. A CIC copy of the COPR with a picture
3. A Client Copy of the COPR without a picture but an extra passport photo enclosed

Thanks for your help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
pa19007 said:
3. A Client Copy of the COPR without a picture but an extra passport photo enclosed
Just the 2 COPRs are required to land (and the passport of course :))

Good luck!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
pa19007 said:
Hello,

Our PR letter was just forwarded to us by our neighbors. They decided to open the letter and re-enclosed in a smaller envelope. I want to make sure we have everything we need before we leave to land in Abottsford this weekend.

If you have received your COPR - please help!

We received:

Thanks for your help!
you're not missing anything :) it sometimes comes with a paper explaining the residency obligations, and the fact that you will receive the PR card via post, and a paragraph about informing CIC if your situation has changed bla bla bla.... but you don't really need that, the information is on the website ( and here as well now that I've typed it!).
Good luck with your landing - but don't stress about it, it's very easy. If you intend to import things, then just fill out a B4. If not, then COPR (both copies) + your passport should be enough.
Congrats on crossing the finish line!
Sweden

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I got a lovely email from London yesterday! A personal one saying my COPR was sent out on the 23rd of April and the officer wished me well and said they hoped it arrived before departure next week! How nice eh!?
I got home last night to find it had already arrived!!
I thought it might be a wee bit more shiny...lol
I thought I'd add that I'm still waiting on my traffic history report from Australia!
Was never asked about it from London. Wasted money seeing a lawyer to get things signed!
6 days to departure...looking forward to landing as a PR!

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
Congrats! and welcome :)
Thanks! I'm so excited my english sucks now lol!! Canada here we come. :). Thanks so much for all your help and encouragement. Its funny my husband keeps asking me why I keep logining in to here and checking since we got approval. I keep saying I need to see how everyone else is doing. Haha particularlly Scottishmaple cause she's been waiting so long. You've all been like my "immigration family"! Good luck to everyone, and I'll definitely keep checking for updates.

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Uk2Can said:
Thanks! I'm so excited my english sucks now lol!! Canada here we come. :). Thanks so much for all your help and encouragement. Its funny my husband keeps asking me why I keep logining in to here and checking since we got approval. I keep saying I need to see how everyone else is doing. Haha particularlly Scottishmaple cause she's been waiting so long. You've all been like my "immigration family"! Good luck to everyone, and I'll definitely keep checking for updates.
I am really pleased that you and your family can make a new start in Canada. I will get a DM eventually, I can't complain too much as there are a few others on the spreadsheet who have been waiting longer. Let us know how your Landing goes.

x

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
I am really pleased that you and your family can make a new start in Canada. I will get a DM eventually, I can't complain too much as there are a few others on the spreadsheet who have been waiting longer. Let us know how your Landing goes.

x
Have they given you ANY news as to what's going on with your daughter's medical? This is getting kind of silly for you. I hope they sort it out ASAP.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
So much good news! Congrats to everyone!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
Have they given you ANY news as to what's going on with your daughter's medical? This is getting kind of silly for you. I hope they sort it out ASAP.
No, I replied two days later with the information AGAIN via the website CSE and I haven't gotten a reply (didn't expect one). I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they can find it but my family is in complete limbo right now...

karambajwa

Jul 15, 2012
mic_midd86 said:
So I got a lovely email from London yesterday! A personal one saying my COPR was sent out on the 23rd of April and the officer wished me well and said they hoped it arrived before departure next week! How nice eh!?
I got home last night to find it had already arrived!!
I thought it might be a wee bit more shiny...lol
I thought I'd add that I'm still waiting on my traffic history report from Australia!
Was never asked about it from London. Wasted money seeing a lawyer to get things signed!
6 days to departure...looking forward to landing as a PR!
Awwww !!! Gud luck for landing as an PR

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
No, I replied two days later with the information AGAIN via the website CSE and I haven't gotten a reply (didn't expect one). I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they can find it but my family is in complete limbo right now...
I'm sure someone has already suggested this, but your husband should get in touch with his MP. It's absolutely unacceptable that this hasn't been resolved for you yet. Maybe the MP can get some more details about what is going and light a fire under CIC for you.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
I'm sure someone has already suggested this, but your husband should get in touch with his MP. It's absolutely unacceptable that this hasn't been resolved for you yet. Maybe the MP can get some more details about what is going and light a fire under CIC for you.
Yeah Sweden suggested it, however I'm a little worried that I will be seen as overacting getting my MP involved. The average is 9 months and as of today I am sitting at 7 months processing in London (total of 8.5 months) so I am not sure I will be taken seriously, or deemed that important.

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Sweden said:
great to hear! glad it went well, now the passport request should come any day !
Sweden
Thanks sweden!
They mentioned that medicals expired so might need new ones and the police report also..

And how does the passport process work now?
As she doesnt need a visa to enter canada..

Anyone familiar with process can enlight me?