+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Perhaps some of you may remember when a few weeks ago I posted saying my life was a continuous stream of Fawlty-esque mishaps and disasters? Things were looking up! New passport, done my medicals, looking forward to COPR in a few weeks. Great!

Then boom. Break my little toe. Walked into a wall. I'm great! I just entered man mode and taped it to my other toe to heal.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
DGT said:
Perhaps some of you may remember when a few weeks ago I posted saying my life was a continuous stream of Fawlty-esque mishaps and disasters? Things were looking up! New passport, done my medicals, looking forward to COPR in a few weeks. Great!

Then boom. Break my little toe. Walked into a wall. I'm great! I just entered man mode and taped it to my other toe to heal.
Sorry to hear that!! Hope it heals fast... maybe a COPR would help get better??

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
DGT said:
It's absolutely not an overreaction nor will it be construed as such. I know that you are within the "acceptable" timeframe for London, but the fact that CIC have mishandled your daughter's Biodata and are refusing to engage with you regarding that situation is unacceptable. I would highly recommend you do it! After all your husband is a Canadian Citizen (I'm assuming? If not he's a potential new Canadian!), and has a right to be with his family. I think contacting the MP might be the best way for you to get this matter looked into further. Your MP will be falling over himself to help you out given the current political climate in Canada (you'd think the election was happening next week, not in 2015!).
sorry , but what exactly is a MP?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
SwedentoQuebec said:
sorry , but what exactly is a MP?
Member of Parliament. :D

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
canuck_in_uk said:
Lol, I think you had a blonde moment scottishmaple :p. London would have received Sufi2013's app around Feb 11th, so she should be looking ahead from mid Feb, not Jan.

Looking at ECAS 100 times a day can addle the mind!! ;)
hahahahah yes I did...lol Sorry Sufi2013 it would be Feb 11th approx

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
scottishmaple said:
hahahahah yes I did...lol Sorry Sufi2013 it would be Feb 11th approx
Okay Ive got a question that has NOTHING to do with my application but my cousins application. She told me that she applied outland for her Husband who is a british citizen living in Canada. Here is the weird thing, He got a work permit while he is waiting for application to be approved. How can he have done that? They applied outland. They also received a letter from immigration saying that they wanted to know more about his children that he has here in the UK. Under the dependants form, he put that he has two children but has no access and hasnt had access for a while now. Immigration sent them a letter saying they want to know why and what he plans to do about his other children. Now, heres the background of their relationship. Hes 46, my cousin is 27. She came to the UK on a youth mobility visa and met him. He went back to Canada with her almost a year and half ago when she found out she was pregnant and thats when they got married. So they now have a wee boy. Again, they applied outland and he apparently has a work permit? But now immigration are checking about his children. ( Im clearly not a fan of the guy) but, what are the chances he will get a refusal do you think? He has two children here in the UK and doesnt support them financially and hasnt been in contact with them since he left the UK a year and a bit ago. This is clearly a case that immigration has got to comb through but whats your opinion on it?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Uk2Can said:
Okay Ive got a question that has NOTHING to do with my application but my cousins application. She told me that she applied outland for her Husband who is a british citizen living in Canada. Here is the weird thing, He got a work permit while he is waiting for application to be approved. How can he have done that? They applied outland. They also received a letter from immigration saying that they wanted to know more about his children that he has here in the UK. Under the dependants form, he put that he has two children but has no access and hasnt had access for a while now. Immigration sent them a letter saying they want to know why and what he plans to do about his other children. Now, heres the background of their relationship. Hes 46, my cousin is 27. She came to the UK on a youth mobility visa and met him. He went back to Canada with her almost a year and half ago when she found out she was pregnant and thats when they got married. So they now have a wee boy. Again, they applied outland and he apparently has a work permit? But now immigration are checking about his children. ( Im clearly not a fan of the guy) but, what are the chances he will get a refusal do you think? He has two children here in the UK and doesnt support them financially and hasnt been in contact with them since he left the UK a year and a bit ago. This is clearly a case that immigration has got to comb through but whats your opinion on it?
Please bare in mind this is just speculation, guess work and my thoughts.

As far as I am aware you CANNOT get an open work permit for an outland application.

Is she mistaken maybe and they have applied Inland? As they certainly could apply for a work permit after sponsorship approval. Or is he on an IEC?! strange!

He won't get refused based on the fact that he has nothing to do with his children from a previous relationship however he may get refused on the basis that he is maybe working illegally? Have you seen the permit? If he has been in Canada all this time, it is my guess that he has actually applied inland....

If he has declared the children as Non-Accompanying and has told CIC that he has no communication etc with them and cannot provide a medical then CIC will want to further investigate this to make sure. CIC really do not like when Non-Accomapnying dependants do not have medicals done and quite often insist on it, so they will probably want to know the status of his custody arrangements, i.e if he has joint custody (although it is not called this is scotland) then if something were to happen to the mother he maybe required to sponsor them at a later date.

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Sweden said:
If she doesn't need a visa to enter Canada, then they will issue a COPR (confirmation of PR) and send it to her mailing address ( I suppose it's in Norway). with that, she can land as PR when she arrives in Canada. She shouldn't say anything about having her COPR when she boards the plane, as the airline staff are not trained to recognize a COPR and might get confused. If she has a passport to allows her to travel to Canada without a visa, then she can just say she is going for a visit. Once she arrives in Canada, she can tell the immigration officer that she needs to land as a PR and present her passport + COPR.
She won't need to send her passport if she doesn't require a visa to enter Canada.
The medicals might be extended, if it has been done less than 15 months ago. But it can only be done if it is not expired already. Police certificates - it really depends, so I don't really know about that.
If it goes into "decision made" without more request for info, it means that the COPR has been sent out!
Good luck,
Sweden

Awsome info..
Thanks once again for the great info!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
So I have sent and email to our MP (or rather my husband has sent an email and doesnt know yet..lol).

I guess we just wait - Something I am getting VERY use to ....lol

karambajwa

Jul 15, 2012
Sufi2013 said:
Hey, i was wondering if someone could help. Ecas just updated me saying medical results have been received. Does this mean my application is in process? Should i be expecting anything from
The london office?

Thanks in advance.
I had same status as urs for the last 5 months and now it came to in process 4 days before :D . They normally write these two lines on ecas when they forward ur file from canada to london....!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
So I have sent and email to our MP (or rather my husband has sent an email and doesnt know yet..lol).

I guess we just wait - Something I am getting VERY use to ....lol
They're usually pretty quick to get on the case with these things. You should hear pretty soon!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hmmm... well it would appear the address change on CIC I had last week was an anomaly. I have not received a decision made, but today my application does now state that I am "in process".

It is wonderful that something is moving in London finally, but jeez! Way to get a guy's hopes up! Does anyone know how long it can sit "in process" for? Should I make myself comfortable for a long haul do you think?

*Sigh*. Back to the job hunt.

David :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
karambajwa said:
I wish U ger ur PR soon bcz u r really waiting for long now.............gud luck Scottishmaple ;)
awwww thanks very much!

DGT said:
They're usually pretty quick to get on the case with these things. You should hear pretty soon!
fingers crossed!