+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
DGT said:
Hey! I hope the credit score won't be an issue for you! What you will probably need in that case is a letter from his employer just stating his salary and a statement about his character. Also should be fine if you have any references! My wife and I both had good credit, so we gave our credit scores, employment info and your references. It's a good time to moving to TO because it's actually a buyers market in this 'hood just now. Lots of empty brand new properties with nervous landlords! So you should be fine. I'll message you the email address of the realtor we used. Like I say, she was quick and very helpful in dealing with all the paperwork etc.
Thanks, that is reassuring!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
scottishmaple said:
Hi, once CPC Miss. has received your file they will assess your sponsor. You should receive notification (AOR) via email or snail mail that they have received your file depending on whether you gave them an email address or not and then they will send you another notification telling you whether you have sponsorship approval. If you are like me and some others you will receive your AOR first and then your approval the next day or two, but everyone is different. They are averaging about 55 days just now for first stage approval. After this they will send your file to London for processing which will take between approximately 4-9 months right now.
thankyou!! I was just wondering which came first. Now that its a waiting game, I just want to know where to be looking! :)

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
Sweden said:
Unfortunately, you can not add the OWP at a later stage. So... if you keep on with an Inland application, you will have to wait until the end ( as it is now, 14 months).
You can try to qualify for a work permit independently, either through LMO, or IEC visa if you qualify.
Or - send an outland application ( but that's costly!) and see who finished first... ( that's actually legal...).
Or withdraw the inland ( depending on how long you have been waiting), and file outland (redo the forms etc, but if you withdraw your inland application they probably will refund almost all the fees).
Good luck!
Sweden
Hi Sweden,

Found this in other threads which gives hope for my OWP...Maybe it will help others?

many thanks
Col

Ratings: +7
[Good] [Poor]

Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2013, 05:19:40 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: UKZippy on February 07, 2013, 04:43:22 pm
Hi all,
as ever a question......

I've just been informed via another thread that I should have included an OWP in my application and that as I havent I cant do it seperately. This means that I will have to wait until the whole application is approved before I can work Shocked

Is there any way around this?

I was under the impression that once stage 1 was done CIC would send me a work permit.

Thanks
Col

Hey UKZippy don't worry you can still send it. I found these specific instructions with a quick search in google. Here is the link - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forgot-to-include-owp-application-with-inland-spousal-app-t109506.0.html;msg1582942#msg1582942

Pay special attention to this Paragraph:

Please also note if the sponsored person did not send an open work permit application with their permanent residence application, they can send it, by mail, at any time while it is in process by writing Open Work Permit - Application for permanent residence in Canada - Spouse or common-law partner on the top of the form. They should also include proof that the permanent residence application was submitted. The open work permit application cannot be submitted online.

Or you can also wait until you get AIP and then send it, but I would think it would be processed faster if you sent it now Smiley

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
ghunter said:
Thank you! We are hoping that the two leases from the UK, letters from parents and relative saying that we lived with them this year, photos, plane tickets/ hotel reservations, a joint bank account, drivers licenses with the same address, letters from friends, and some sort of timeline of our relationship will be enough?

I am a bit confused about what to put in the lack of a cerimony for our common law relationship - we are 22 and want to wait until we can afford a proper wedding, so for now are happily common law - is that enough to say?

Thanks!
it should be all good! and lack of ceremony - well! I didn't have one either (might get married one day as recently got engaged, but was not engaged when I applied), and just put that we didn't see the need to celebrate that particular date, and already had celebrations on our meeting anniversary. Wasn't a problem!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Gary_87 said:
thankyou!! I was just wondering which came first. Now that its a waiting game, I just want to know where to be looking! :)
you don't always get an AOR... sometimes it's sponsor approval straight, and that's it!
AOR (if any) is always by email, approval can be email or snail mail. No rule, and it's a bit early to hear anything! (if you look at January thread it will give you an idea when they reach the end of January... but there are always surprises with CIC!).
Good luck!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
UKZippy said:
Hi Sweden,

Found this in other threads which gives hope for my OWP...Maybe it will help others?

many thanks
Col

Ratings: +7
[Good] [Poor]

Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2013, 05:19:40 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: UKZippy on February 07, 2013, 04:43:22 pm
Hi all,
as ever a question......

I've just been informed via another thread that I should have included an OWP in my application and that as I havent I cant do it seperately. This means that I will have to wait until the whole application is approved before I can work Shocked

Is there any way around this?

I was under the impression that once stage 1 was done CIC would send me a work permit.

Thanks
Col

Hey UKZippy don't worry you can still send it. I found these specific instructions with a quick search in google. Here is the link - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forgot-to-include-owp-application-with-inland-spousal-app-t109506.0.html;msg1582942#msg1582942

Pay special attention to this Paragraph:

Please also note if the sponsored person did not send an open work permit application with their permanent residence application, they can send it, by mail, at any time while it is in process by writing Open Work Permit - Application for permanent residence in Canada - Spouse or common-law partner on the top of the form. They should also include proof that the permanent residence application was submitted. The open work permit application cannot be submitted online.

Or you can also wait until you get AIP and then send it, but I would think it would be processed faster if you sent it now Smiley
Hope it works out for you - and it's always worth a try, but you should wait most likely before you have at least a file number... so maybe CIC will send you an AOR with your file number, and with that you can send the OWP to them.
Fingers crossed!
Sweden

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Sweden said:
you don't always get an AOR... sometimes it's sponsor approval straight, and that's it!
AOR (if any) is always by email, approval can be email or snail mail. No rule, and it's a bit early to hear anything! (if you look at January thread it will give you an idea when they reach the end of January... but there are always surprises with CIC!).
Good luck!
Sweden
Oh yeah I'm not expecting anything. Just want yo know the process. Thanks for clarifying. I want it to be over already and its only been a day haha.

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
The total processing time is from the day they received your application, right? So, on Ecas our thing says application received August 10th. So we should hear about second stage approval by May 10th?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Uk2Can said:
The total processing time is from the day they received your application, right? So, on Ecas our thing says application received August 10th. So we should hear about second stage approval by May 10th?
You applied the same time as me, well a day later. It is average of 9 months in london plus your sponsor approval time. So if you are taking the maxiumum time into account then you will be 72 days sponsorship approval plus 9 months max in London (July 10th). But I am still hoping for February/March which is the 5/6 month mark *Fingers crossed*

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Ugh, I thought it was 9 months total. My visa in the uk is up in July. So I have to go back to Canada whether his permanent residency is through or not. Fingers crossed then. Have you had any correspondence with them about the status of your application?
scottishmaple said:
You applied the same time as me, well a day later. It is average of 9 months in london plus your sponsor approval time. So if you are taking the maxiumum time into account then you will be 72 days sponsorship approval plus 9 months max in London (July 10th). But I am still hoping for February/March which is the 5/6 month mark *Fingers crossed*

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
So I haven't been able to log into ECAS since Sunday. Im not sure if others are still having the same problem. I'm sure it's gonna say the same thing but.. I still can't believe nothing has happened yet. I really thought it would be over by now or nearly over. 233 days in total and counting. London seriously need to get the finger out!! Nothing seems to be happening its soooooo frustrating!!! :'(

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
sfeire said:
So I haven't been able to log into ECAS since Sunday. Im not sure if others are still having the same problem. I'm sure it's gonna say the same thing but.. I still can't believe nothing has happened yet. I really thought it would be over by now or nearly over. 233 days in total and counting. London seriously need to get the finger out!! Nothing seems to be happening its soooooo frustrating!!! :'(
I am unable to access ECAS for 5 days now and for me its 1 year now and still nothing from London. Stressful and frustrating :(

Hopefully we all hear something soon.

KatieandHarry

Oct 22, 2012
My declarations from friends and family re our common law relationship weren't notorised! :( Bad bad times, I will anticipate an email from London requesting them to be! We do have quite a lot of other proof i.e. a child!, joint affairs etc so it will be mighty annoying if they do come back a request it. When you are asked for additional documents is there much of a delay does anyone know .. do you go to the bottom of the pile again?! or is it just a case of ticking the box?

Sweden, thank you for your advice re our daughter's citizenship a while back ... I sent her documents off to London a couple of weeks ago and tried my luck and requested it through urgent processing to which my argument was accepted and was forwarded to the Registry in Canada on the same day! Looks like her cerficate will come through before my PR! I think we will end up just going over regardless of when the paperwork comes back. It is time to bite the bullet I think!

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
My wife's work contract is up here on 31st July and we want to head to Canada in August. Given the unpredictable nature of the visa process, I'm thinking of applying for a working holiday visa (IEC) so that we can begin to firm up departure planning... kinda like an insurance policy whilst waiting on PR - has anyone else done this?

Also, anyone got recommendations for finding short term, furnished apartments in downtown Toronto? (Want to buy eventually but need 3-6 months to find our feet!)

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
sfeire said:
AHHH now I can't log into ECAS either... I was on a good luck streak too... I tried with my info and then with the hubby's info and it just says that our information cannot be verified or something like that. Frustrating! ( I like being able to see the same info not changing day after day ;) )