+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
KatieandHarry said:
My declarations from friends and family re our common law relationship weren't notorised! :( Bad bad times, I will anticipate an email from London requesting them to be! We do have quite a lot of other proof i.e. a child!, joint affairs etc so it will be mighty annoying if they do come back a request it. When you are asked for additional documents is there much of a delay does anyone know .. do you go to the bottom of the pile again?! or is it just a case of ticking the box?

Sweden, thank you for your advice re our daughter's citizenship a while back ... I sent her documents off to London a couple of weeks ago and tried my luck and requested it through urgent processing to which my argument was accepted and was forwarded to the Registry in Canada on the same day! Looks like her cerficate will come through before my PR! I think we will end up just going over regardless of when the paperwork comes back. It is time to bite the bullet I think!
I didn't get my declarations notarised. I don't think many people do. Perhaps if you had a case where you thought your relationship might be doubted you might consider it, but your case sounds quite straightforward.

As far as I know you don't go to the bottom of the pile. Sometimes (like with me) they request a completely new form that wasn't required in the initial package. But who knows how they do things in London...

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
rpurdie said:
My wife's work contract is up here on 31st July and we want to head to Canada in August. Given the unpredictable nature of the visa process, I'm thinking of applying for a working holiday visa (IEC) so that we can begin to firm up departure planning... kinda like an insurance policy whilst waiting on PR - has anyone else done this?

Also, anyone got recommendations for finding short term, furnished apartments in downtown Toronto? (Want to buy eventually but need 3-6 months to find our feet!)
You could try looking in to a sublet! There are short term furnished apartments out there but they are pretty pricy. Have you thought about maybe looking into a sublet? That could save you some pennies so you can get on the housing ladder faster!

Otherwise, there's a good site here for finding rentals!

www.padmapper.com

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
michty6 said:
As far as I know you don't go to the bottom of the pile. Sometimes (like with me) they request a completely new form that wasn't required in the initial package. But who knows how they do things in London...
Hi Michty, do you mind me asking which form they requested from you?

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
rpurdie said:
My wife's work contract is up here on 31st July and we want to head to Canada in August. Given the unpredictable nature of the visa process, I'm thinking of applying for a working holiday visa (IEC) so that we can begin to firm up departure planning... kinda like an insurance policy whilst waiting on PR - has anyone else done this?

Also, anyone got recommendations for finding short term, furnished apartments in downtown Toronto? (Want to buy eventually but need 3-6 months to find our feet!)
Would have to be a sublet. Most rentals are for a year and you may find a few for 6 months.

S.

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Dawlphin_17 said:
Hi Michty, do you mind me asking which form they requested from you?
I can't remember the exact name but it was something like 'Supplementary Information - Your Travels'. I remember reading that there was some weird quirk that you were supposed to include it if you were sending your application to Paris but not if you were sending it to London. Then they went and requested it anyway!

RebeccaOttawa

Mar 19, 2012
Hi everyone,

Delighted to announce that my common law partner's COPR arrived in the mail today in the UK!

Although I haven't been posting much on here, I've been checking the site at least 3 times a day since September, lol.

Our timeline is: application received in Mississauga June 28, file transferred to London September 17, visa issued February 6.

I dreamt last night that he would receive his visa today... so I can literally say that my dreams have come true :D

Good luck everyone...Sfeire, I've noticed we have similar timelines so hopefully you'll get good news shortly as well!

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
michty6 said:
I can't remember the exact name but it was something like 'Supplementary Information - Your Travels'. I remember reading that there was some weird quirk that you were supposed to include it if you were sending your application to Paris but not if you were sending it to London. Then they went and requested it anyway!
Ah nice to know I'm not alone. They requested that form as well for my boyfriend! I thought I was going crazy because I was sure it was only for Paris. I cannot figure out why they might have needed it, so I've ordered GCMS notes to try and figure out what prompted them to ask for it. Do you (or your partner) have an extensive travel history?

RebeccaOttawa

Mar 19, 2012
RebeccaOttawa said:
Hi everyone,

Delighted to announce that my common law partner's COPR arrived in the mail today in the UK!

Although I haven't been posting much on here, I've been checking the site at least 3 times a day since September, lol.

Our timeline is: application received in Mississauga June 28, file transferred to London September 17, visa issued February 6.

I dreamt last night that he would receive his visa today... so I can literally say that my dreams have come true :D

Good luck everyone...Sfeire, I've noticed we have similar timelines so hopefully you'll get good news shortly as well!
I meant to mention as well that my ECAS hasn't been working for the last few days, and we didn't receive any notification by email either.

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
RebeccaOttawa said:
Hi everyone,

Congrats!! Did your ecas change at all or was this just a pleasant suprise??

cjackson

Nov 20, 2012
RebeccaOttawa said:
I meant to mention as well that my ECAS hasn't been working for the last few days, and we didn't receive any notification by email either.
I can't tell you how excited this makes me. Not been able to login to ECAS since about Monday! Could we possibly near the end. *fingers crossed*

cjackson

Nov 20, 2012
sfeire said:
So I haven't been able to log into ECAS since Sunday. Im not sure if others are still having the same problem. I'm sure it's gonna say the same thing but.. I still can't believe nothing has happened yet. I really thought it would be over by now or nearly over. 233 days in total and counting. London seriously need to get the finger out!! Nothing seems to be happening its soooooo frustrating!!! :'(
I've not been able to log into ECAS for a few days either. I'm at 281 days so I feel your frustration!

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
RebeccaOttawa said:
Hi everyone,

Finally some good news for everyone to share in!

Congrats and good luck in Canada.

S.

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Congrats Rebecca! Great to finally hear some good news!

Dawlphin_17 said:
Ah nice to know I'm not alone. They requested that form as well for my boyfriend! I thought I was going crazy because I was sure it was only for Paris. I cannot figure out why they might have needed it, so I've ordered GCMS notes to try and figure out what prompted them to ask for it. Do you (or your partner) have an extensive travel history?
Yeh I travelled with my partner for a while so I wasn't totally shocked. However, I wish they'd just requested it in the initial application to save time. Also I had already included copies of all mine and my partners passport stamps in the application, so they knew what our travel history was anyway...

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
RebeccaOttawa said:
Hi everyone,

Great news! Congrats :)

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Today I decided to check when I did my medicals. It was 8th March 2012. When I sent off my application in May I never for the life of me thought there was any chance of these expiring before I got my PR. Now I'm exactly 1 month away from this happening. Sigh.