+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
A quick question for anyone who can answer! Some background info....my husband and i applied outland in august! Now were waiting! We currently live in the UK with our two children until such time we hear. My cousin and her husband apparently applied outland in September and live in Canada and he recieved a work permit? Clearly my question is, How can he get a work permit if he applied outland? Anyone willing to enlighten me!?

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Uk2Can said:
A quick question for anyone who can answer! Some background info....my husband and i applied outland in august! Now were waiting! We currently live in the UK with our two children until such time we hear. My cousin and her husband apparently applied outland in September and live in Canada and he recieved a work permit? Clearly my question is, How can he get a work permit if he applied outland? Anyone willing to enlighten me!?
How old are they? Under 30? Maybe they got an IEC visa...but in any case there is no reason why they couldn't have applied and got a work permit if they had a positive LMO too.

S.

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
Hi all,
I know new requirements came into force in October, one being: remaining together for two years AFTER you gain PR - I understand that.
However I'm a little confused as to what this means: (quote from CIC web site)........

Maintaining legal status

Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply.

For me, does this mean I no longer have to renew my VR every six months while I'm waiting for the PR to be processed?

Thanks,
Col.

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
UKZippy said:
Hi all,
I know new requirements came into force in October, one being: remaining together for two years AFTER you gain PR - I understand that.
However I'm a little confused as to what this means: (quote from CIC web site)........

Maintaining legal status

Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply.

For me, does this mean I no longer have to renew my VR every six months while I'm waiting for the PR to be processed?

Thanks,
Col.
I don't know really... Personally, I'd do everything above board and make sure I maintain a legal status, but I have heard from a lot of people that overstaying (whether it be in the past or present) hasn't impacted their application.

I'm certainly going to renew my visitor's visa. I think the $75 is worth the peace of mind!

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Just noticed I've passed the 3 month mark for stage 2 processing. Fingers crossed I'm over the half way point!

As slow as it feels like it's going, I'm wondering where the time has gone!

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Korma said:
I don't know really... Personally, I'd do everything above board and make sure I maintain a legal status, but I have heard from a lot of people that overstaying (whether it be in the past or present) hasn't impacted their application.

I'm certainly going to renew my visitor's visa. I think the $75 is worth the peace of mind!
Thanks,

I will too. But I suppose a quick call to CIC help line will clear it up.... :)

Lee J

Feb 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30th April 2013
I'm absolutely bored shitless waiting for London to pull their finger out. Application sent in Sept 2012 with all criteria properly met.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Nope, no lmo! Just a work permit! And theyve told us that they applied outland as well? And hes almost 50, so definately not under 30.
SaMoS said:
How old are they? Under 30? Maybe they got an IEC visa...but in any case there is no reason why they couldn't have applied and got a work permit if they had a positive LMO too.

S.

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
Hi all;

Just about to send our application off, and reading from dannypee's post about not having a joint mortgage/rent agreement has me a little concerned (as you do, right at the last minute) - our mortgage is my name, as my girlfriend wasn't able to get her name on the mortgage due to her status in Canada (WHV), we have other things in our name, registration for strata and strata fees etc.

I am thinking of including the last 12 months of bank statements and highlighting our paydays and strata fees/mortgage/BC Hydro bills coming in/out of the account.

Has anyone done this or been in this situation?

Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
homeagain said:
HI Again,

Just a quick question. How many photos in total including medical and police cert do I need to send along ? is it 8 total?

Thanks,
T. :)
it's 8 pictures for the application itself. Then for the medicals it depends on the doctor, so check with him/her first (mine required 3, but for other people it was 2 or 4). For Police - depending on the country, I didn't have to get any police certificate that required a picture, but I haven't lived in the UK, so... bottom line:8 for the application for sure, the rest depends...
Good luck!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
FK22 said:
hey!!! sorry ive been out of touch with the group for a while been really busy lately. My husband had his interview on Jan 17, 2013. Now we are just waiting again....
Good luck! did they tell you anything at the end of the interview?
UKZippy said:
Hi all,

Maintaining legal status

Thanks,
Col.
can you post the link as well? I'd like to have a look. I know that it's the case for Inland applications, but I'm surprised that it would apply for outland...
nmford said:
Does anyone know how long the COPRs take to get from London to North America?

They sent mine on the 17th, still haven't got it
you might want to contact London VO at the end of the week if you haven't received it. I live on the West Coast (all the way to the other side!) and it was sent to a remote community - sent on the 8th arrived on the 19th... I think 2 weeks should be the maximum, so maybe send them a CSE at the end of the week if you haven't heard anything...
msmith1789 said:
Hi all;

Just about to send our application off, and reading from dannypee's post about not having a joint mortgage/rent agreement has me a little concerned (as you do, right at the last minute) - our mortgage is my name, as my girlfriend wasn't able to get her name on the mortgage due to her status in Canada (WHV), we have other things in our name, registration for strata and strata fees etc.

I am thinking of including the last 12 months of bank statements and highlighting our paydays and strata fees/mortgage/BC Hydro bills coming in/out of the account.

Has anyone done this or been in this situation?

Any advice, greatly appreciated.
the onus is on you to prove that you have lived 12 months together. So provide as much proofs as possible. Get a notarized common-law declaration (it's quick - go to a notary and prepare a letter saying that you have been living together from that date at that address, and both sign it in front of the notary), explain why your gf name is not on the mortgage and how she contributes with bank statement highlighted...
Good luck,
Sweden

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Hello,

In regards to proof of living together for 12 months, we lived together for 2 years with both of our names on the lease, but this most recent year we have been living with my parents in Canada (from September to December) and are now living with another relative.

Do the 12 months have the be the most recent 12 months? And would letters from my parents saying that we did live with them for this time period be enough? What other sorts of things would they need to say in their letter? Would we need another letter from our current living quarters?

Thanks!!

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Sweden said:
can you post the link as well? I'd like to have a look. I know that it's the case for Inland applications, but I'm surprised that it would apply for outland...
HI Sweden,
Here's the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

I'm already in Canada but my PR papers will be processed in London.

Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ghunter said:
Hello,

In regards to proof of living together for 12 months, we lived together for 2 years with both of our names on the lease, but this most recent year we have been living with my parents in Canada (from September to December) and are now living with another relative.

Do the 12 months have the be the most recent 12 months? And would letters from my parents saying that we did live with them for this time period be enough? What other sorts of things would they need to say in their letter? Would we need another letter from our current living quarters?
Thanks!!
The 12 months don't have to be the most recent 12 months, but you need to prove that the cohabitation continues. So include the lease for 2 years where you both have your names on the lease, it will establish the "common law" criteria without any doubts. Then explain that you are currently living in Canada with your parents first ( and get a letter from them stating the dates etc, and if you have any other proofs, like letters coming for both of you etc, then include it as well), and then get a letter from the other relative, and proofs as well. You need to prove that you have lived at least 12 months together (and a rent is a good start), but you also need to prove that the common-law relationship is still on-going - hence the rest of the documents. The more complete your file is, the quicker it will be processed.
Good luck,
Sweden

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
Sweden said:
you might want to contact London VO at the end of the week if you haven't received it. I live on the West Coast (all the way to the other side!) and it was sent to a remote community - sent on the 8th arrived on the 19th... I think 2 weeks should be the maximum, so maybe send them a CSE at the end of the week if you haven't heard anything...
I sent one the other day and they said wait 5 more days!