+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
dannypee said:
SOMEONE HELP !!!!

GOT AN EMAIL THIS MORNING ASKING FOR ADDTIONAL PROOF THAT WE ARE IN A COMMON LAW UNION AND THAT WE HAVE LIVED TOGETHER FO OVER A YEAR TENANCY AGREEMENTS WERE MENTIONED AND SO WERE DEEDS AND JOINT BANK ACCOUNTS !! WE DONT HAVE ANY OF THESES WILL 12MTHS (I COULD GIVE MORE) OF UTILITY BILLS IN BOTH OUR NAMES DO??? WE DIDNT PUT ME ON THE DEEDS TO THE HOUSE AS I AM STILL SERVING IN THE ARMY AND NOT A PERM RES !!! I CAN ALSO PROVIDE BANK STATMENTS PROVING MONIES FOR THE MORGAGAE GOING INTO HER ACCOUNT !!! HELP HELP HELP IM IN A SPIN !!!
Send them everything you can and have, include photos that you have recently taken after you submitted application. explain in a letter why you are not on the deeds etc. you may have other evidence you are not remembering, perhaps a joint credit card or a life insurance policy or maybe a pension plan that would go to your partner. it will be ok just send them everything you can. I am married and I don't have a joint house or rental agreement with my husband...sometimes these things just happen. CIC are trained to see what is genuine and not, they maybe don't think you have sent enough evidence and this is them giving you an opportunity to send more...you will be fine..x

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
SaMoS said:
You're outland and welcome. This will be your home for the next 7 months...
or more...lol :p

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
SaMoS said:
You're outland and welcome. This will be your home for a minimum of 7 months...
FYP ;)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
sfeire said:
FYI anyone who can't log into ECAS.. It seems CIC have said there is a glitch in the system and they are working on it!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-no-longer-login-to-cic-application-status-site-t133786.0.html

;D
Its strange how it is only affecting some people, I have been able to log in the whole time..hmmmm

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
SaMoS said:
You're outland and welcome. This will be your home for the next 7 months...
Ahhh thank you ;D

homeagain

Oct 10, 2012
Hello All,

I am so glad I found this thread...I have been desperate for answers of late. ;D

First, I am Canadian and my hubby is British. We are still in the UK but are going to Canada April 9th and would like to stay on if possible...I know hubby can only visit for 6 months max. But I would like to get some work started. I am self employed and can engage in work from there no problem.
I have lived in England for 6 years. We have been married for 5 and a half years. We have no children. Hubby is self employed as well.

So here are my questions I will try to make it concise and clear ???
We plan to apply as outland before we leave (March hopefully) because it seems easier to get his medical and police certificate done here and include in the app all at once. Now is that possible? do send everything in one package before we leave? and if so how and who do we pay?

I know we have to mail the application for sponsorship to Mississauga where it then gets forward to London with his PR app but I don't know if I need to send the entire payment for $1040 to Ontario and if so in what form? Will an International Bank draft be acceptable? Please any help with this would be appreciated. Looking at the websites for London Visa office and CIC site I feel confused because I don't know if I pay at London or what??

Also I am not sure what order we should do this... whether we should send the application before we leave and then tell them at the border when we enter Canada (do they need to know that we have applied for his PR at this point? they may not have it even recorded on system yet I don't want to cause any unneccessary issues. :eek: :eek:)
Or...should we wait until we are in Canada and mail it from there and just enter as visitors in April. We can leave again if we need to so that is not an issue for us. Our belongings will all be sold or stored so we aren't taking much with us and what we are taking I am sending ahead. Hubby has family in England and we have friends so returning is no problem even if we don't have our own home to return to whilst we wait.

Thank you in advance. :D Tori

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
homeagain said:
Hello All,

I am so glad I found this thread...I have been desperate for answers of late. ;D

First, I am Canadian and my hubby is British. We are still in the UK but are going to Canada April 9th and would like to stay on if possible...I know hubby can only visit for 6 months max. But I would like to get some work started. I am self employed and can engage in work from there no problem.
I have lived in England for 6 years. We have been married for 5 and a half years. We have no children. Hubby is self employed as well.

We plan to apply as outland before we leave (March hopefully) because it seems easier to get his medical and police certificate done here and include in the app all at once. Now is that possible? do send everything in one package before we leave? and if so how and who do we pay?

I know we have to mail the application for sponsorship to Mississauga where it then gets forward to London with his PR app but I don't know if I need to send the entire payment for $1040 to Ontario and if so in what form? Will an International Bank draft be acceptable? Please any help with this would be appreciated. Looking at the websites for London Visa office and CIC site I feel confused because I don't know if I pay at London or what??

Also I am not sure what order we should do this... whether we should send the application before we leave and then tell them at the border when we enter Canada (do they need to know that we have applied for his PR at this point? they may not have it even recorded on system yet I don't want to cause any unneccessary issues. :eek: :eek:)
Or...should we wait until we are in Canada and mail it from there and just enter as visitors in April. We can leave again if we need to so that is not an issue for us. Our belongings will all be sold or stored so we aren't taking much with us and what we are taking I am sending ahead. Hubby has family in England and we have friends so returning is no problem even if we don't have our own home to return to whilst we wait.

How long might we have to wait for the process to be complete because the site says 9 months for London and 55 days for Mississauga and yet people here seem to have been processed much more quickly.

A few quick answers...I'm sure others will provide a more detailed answer for you.

Apply as early as you can...the wait for the PR is a killer so the earlier you apply the better. You can pay for the application online. It's very quick and easy and add the receipt of payment to your application pack. You pay Miss, On.

6 months is the maximum stay but you can apply to extend the stay once in Canada. Again, this is done online after the 4 or 5 months. It's ok to say you've applied for PR at the border if asked. Always good to have funds for a return ticket (or even better a return ticket already purchased which you can cancel the day after you've entered Canada)

You should allow yourself at least 8 minths but could be quicker...Good luck.

S.

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
homeagain said:
Hello All,

I dont know all the answers but I've applied 3 times for a visitor record so I can extend my stay here. Your hubby can do the same. :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
homeagain said:
Hello All,

Hey Tori,

welcome to the thread! the process is a bit overwhelming, but feel free to ask all questions here...
As SaMos has said - apply as soon as possible. It takes a while to put everything together, so the earlier the better. As you're Canadian ( and not a PR) you are allowed to be outside of Canada when you file your application, so no problem.
On arrival, you can say that your husband is coming to visit you for 6 months while he waits for the PR to be issued. Carry proofs of it (PR fee receipt, or first stage approval letter if you already have it), and most likely he will be let in for 6 months. if his passport is stamped without a date on it, then it's good for 6 months. Once in Canada, he can keep on extending his visitor visa as long as he does it before the expiry date of his visa. there is no limit to the number of times he can extend, and some people on this forum have been in Canada for over 17 months like this, so for sure he will have time to get his PR ( there is no rule like in Europe where it's only 6 months out of 12 or something like this).
There is always a "risk" at the border that your husband won't be allowed in, but it's a very small one. QUite a few of us have done the same - move to Canada before the PR has been issued - without trouble. Just make sure that you say that he is visiting ( not moving with you) for 6 months, have the proofs with you that you have applied for PR, and if you are worried, he can have a (fully refundable) return ticket even if he doesn't plan on using it. I didn't have one, but carried proofs of funds with me in case I was asked for it. I was let in without even asking to see the proofs that I have applied for PR.
For the payment, the easiest is to do it through the online form. It's confusing on CIC website because it says that only applicants going to an office in Canada can use the online form, but your application will be sent to Mississauga first, so you can use it. If possible, pay the full amount (1040) so there is no delay at the end of your file.
How long to wait - that's a guess! stage 1 is stated 55 days indeed, but quite a few people are getting done before that, and London is quite unpredictable. If you have a straightforward case and a complete application, you might be done in 4 months in London, or 5, and 1 month for stage 1 - or less... so anywhere between a total of 5 to 8 months is realistic!
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dannypee said:
SOMEONE HELP !!!!

GOT AN EMAIL THIS MORNING ASKING FOR ADDTIONAL PROOF THAT WE ARE IN A COMMON LAW UNION AND THAT WE HAVE LIVED TOGETHER FO OVER A YEAR TENANCY AGREEMENTS WERE MENTIONED AND SO WERE DEEDS AND JOINT BANK ACCOUNTS !! WE DONT HAVE ANY OF THESES WILL 12MTHS (I COULD GIVE MORE) OF UTILITY BILLS IN BOTH OUR NAMES DO??? WE DIDNT PUT ME ON THE DEEDS TO THE HOUSE AS I AM STILL SERVING IN THE ARMY AND NOT A PERM RES !!! I CAN ALSO PROVIDE BANK STATMENTS PROVING MONIES FOR THE MORGAGAE GOING INTO HER ACCOUNT !!! HELP HELP HELP IM IN A SPIN !!!
Don't panic! if you are common-law, normally a rent agreement showing that you have lived together for 12 months is compulsory (it's on the checklist). So if you don't have it, it's normal that they are asking for it, and they are giving you an opportunity to send it to them - so that's a rather positive thing!
Explain why you are not on the deeds of the house, show that you are paying the mortgage, send the utilities bills with both names. You might also want to get a declaration of common-law status from a notary. Basically you both go in front of a notary, and declare that you have been living together since that date, and sign in front of a notary. It makes it more official.
I don't know if your partner has done it already, but she probably should have declared you as her common-law partner ( even if you're not a PR) with CRA. She can print that ( if she has done it) as a proof of your official status.
If you feel like you don't have enough proof, you can look at getting a life insurance (there are some that are not that expensive) naming the other person as a beneficiary and include that ( you can copy the page naming you for example). Check with your job, and with hers, if you have anything that says you are CL partners - and include that.
Good luck!
Sweden

homeagain

Oct 10, 2012
Thank you all for such quick and helpful info...now more questions. It is so stressful and alot to do but we are glad to be moving. So here goes and thanks again.

1. How do we extend his visitor visa, so we simply go down to the USA and back again (which is okay if we are only a short drive to Blaine, Washington for example) or is there a more complicated way to extend it? I am hoping it is just okay to go to the USA and return back same day or next day. :)

2. When we apply online (this is in relation to Swedens comment please) does that include both sponsorship application and the PR application? if so can I still forward on the police certificate myself or is that sent straight from ACRO (police) to CIC direct? and also how about the medical paperwork is that sent direct to the CIC as well? I would like to send all items at once since it should be pretty straightforward for us. I am a permanent resident here in UK and we have been together so long I can't see getting his PR being an issue for us.

3. Just thought of a third thing...when we have called to book the CIC medical we are told we have to take a form 1017 appendix C....I can't find that online but I have found info that states the Doctor provides it after the medical is complete. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

4. Do I need to show proof of income in England or is a letter and certificates of qualifications enough to prove I am going to work in Canada? Also if I include a letter from my mother stating we can stay with them until we are settled and working will that help prove my ability to support hubby or will it hurt my case?

We will arrange hubbys medical and police certificate asap as we have everything else ready to go. Thanks for the advice all.
Take care Tori :D

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
homeagain said:
Thank you all for such quick and helpful info...now more questions. It is so stressful and alot to do but we are glad to be moving. So here goes and thanks again.

1. How do we extend his visitor visa, so we simply go down to the USA and back again (which is okay if we are only a short drive to Blaine, Washington for example) or is there a more complicated way to extend it? I am hoping it is just okay to go to the USA and return back same day or next day. :)

2. When we apply online (this is in relation to Swedens comment please) does that include both sponsorship application and the PR application? if so can I still forward on the police certificate myself or is that sent straight from ACRO (police) to CIC direct? and also how about the medical paperwork is that sent direct to the CIC as well? I would like to send all items at once since it should be pretty straightforward for us. I am a permanent resident here in UK and we have been together so long I can't see getting his PR being an issue for us.

3. Just thought of a third thing...when we have called to book the CIC medical we are told we have to take a form 1017 appendix C....I can't find that online but I have found info that states the Doctor provides it after the medical is complete. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

4. Do I need to show proof of income in England or is a letter and certificates of qualifications enough to prove I am going to work in Canada? Also if I include a letter from my mother stating we can stay with them until we are settled and working will that help prove my ability to support hubby or will it hurt my case?

We will arrange hubbys medical and police certificate asap as we have everything else ready to go. Thanks for the advice all.
In answer to 1. above, you could do that with the passport, I considered it. But in the end opted for paying the $75 to CIC and getting the VR from them. Simple and a done deal. Has the added benifit of keeping hubby's entry stamp into canada when he first enterd!

Regards
Col

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
homeagain said:

1- as UKZippy says> you can do both. Going to the US is an option, but doing the online process might be a better one. It requires a little more work, but you have implied status while you wait. Let's say your husband is let in on the 9th of April on a 6 months visa. 9th of October, it will expire. 9th of September ( 30 days in advance), you send the extension request. until he gets the answer, he can stay in Canada. It takes currently around 90 days to process extension requests, so he shoudl hear back around 9th of December... by then, you might already have the PR in hand. Plus - there is no fear of being denied entry.

2-when I meant apply online,, I meant pay online the PR fees. The rest of the PR application should be done with all the paperwork, put together in one envelop, and sent to Mississauga ( with Police certificate, medicals etc)

3-The doctor will give you a form. There is a new procedure since December and not all doctors are aware of it, but you don't need to bring anything ( except for pictures, ask your doctor how many). He will give you a slip to include in your application package to prove that you have done the medicals. You don't get the results, they are sent directly to CIC and then matched up with your application.

4-you need to prove to CIC that you won't go on welfare, and that you have the means to support your family. So show proofs of employment, pay stubs etc. Explain what is your plan when you move to Canada, what type of job you intend to get and how your qualifications are relevant. get a letter from your mother - it won't look bad, on the contrary - it shows that you are serious about going to canada, and also that you have thought about the practical aspects of it.

for the medicals: wait until the last minute, as they are only valid for one year. it's best to do them once you are ready to send the package (once you get the Police check etc back).

Good luck,
Sweden

May 17, 2012
I received an email this morning saying this:

Hello,

We have submitted a request to our medical section for an extension of his medical results validity.

Your file is in the final stages and should be finalized shortly.

Sincerely,

ARS

has anyone had a medical extension and how long did it take usually to approval. I am getting very bored of waiting, I want to work and get my life rolling.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
random_emotions said:
I received an email this morning saying this:

Hello,

We have submitted a request to our medical section for an extension of his medical results validity.

Your file is in the final stages and should be finalized shortly.

Sincerely,

ARS

has anyone had a medical extension and how long did it take usually to approval. I am getting very bored of waiting, I want to work and get my life rolling.
that's good news!! I haven't had to extend the medicals, but from what I have seen from other threads it takes a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks. But it's great - because it means that your file is complete and done - they only request an extension if it's the ONLY thing preventing them from issuing the PR.
You're almost done!
Sweden