+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
blueboom said:
I'm hoping that they will be satisfied that he has no intention of living in the UK because his wife is in Canada. Mostly I'm afraid that CIC will be totally unhelpful if UKBA decides to reject the visitor visa and CIC would reject the application outright.
Indeed. You'd thank that would be just about the most reassuring possible reason for a VO to issue a visitor visa. Hopefully CIC give you a good enough notice period, and I guess you can include the interview request in your application to UKBA. It's tough when you love someone who isn't the same nationality as you. Seems like the whole world tries to shoot you down...

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
rebecassss said:
Sweeeeeet.

Definitely good to know. Thanks for the help!
Here's a link to help you find them!

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
DGT said:
Indeed. You'd thank that would be just about the most reassuring possible reason for a VO to issue a visitor visa. Hopefully CIC give you a good enough notice period, and I guess you can include the interview request in your application to UKBA. It's tough when you love someone who isn't the same nationality as you. Seems like the whole world tries to shoot you down...
Yes, we plan on including the CIC interview request (if we recieve one) in the visitor visa app. I guess the best case scenario is to hope they waive an interview (yeah... right). We are informing CIC of the address change, so hopefully they have enough sense to give enough notice.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
vikarsiddiqui86 said:
So i applied in june of 2012. File trandferred in sept 1st week. Asked my mp to enquire about the file and was told that it was looked at jan 23 and wed hear in 2 weeks. ECAS hasnt changed - still says app recd

Should i be worried? Approved or not? Why hasnt ECAS changed? Also how long does it take for them to mail me something. Is it sent to address on ECAS or sposuses addrss in uk
Hey and welcome to the forum!
No reason to be worried (yet!). Ecas doesn't always change - mine went from "application received" to "decision made", no in process, and no communication from London for the whole time.
It seems that London is working on applications received in end of august/beginning of September, so hopefully you'll hear soon... either you'll see directly "decision made" on ecas, and it means that they have sent the COPR (assuming you're from a visa-exempt country) to the applicant mailing address.
How long does it take - that's difficult to say! it takes 9 months to process 80% of the applications, but quite a few are processed before that. If you look at the spreadsheet (link in my signature) you will see who has heard back from CIC and who is still waiting ( from the forum of course). So - for now, you are within the "normal waiting time", nothing to worry about.
Good luck,
Sweden

Feb 5, 2013
Sweden said:
Hey and welcome to the forum!
No reason to be worried (yet!). Ecas doesn't always change - mine went from "application received" to "decision made", no in process, and no communication from London for the whole time.
It seems that London is working on applications received in end of august/beginning of September, so hopefully you'll hear soon... either you'll see directly "decision made" on ecas, and it means that they have sent the COPR (assuming you're from a visa-exempt country) to the applicant mailing address.
How long does it take - that's difficult to say! it takes 9 months to process 80% of the applications, but quite a few are processed before that. If you look at the spreadsheet (link in my signature) you will see who has heard back from CIC and who is still waiting ( from the forum of course). So - for now, you are within the "normal waiting time", nothing to worry about.
Good luck,
Sweden
Sweden, thanks for the wonderful reply. The email mp got said there has been a decision made om thefile on jan23 yet no change in ecas? I have heard of mp office fidding the emails....

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
vikarsiddiqui86 said:
Sweden, thanks for the wonderful reply. The email mp got said there has been a decision made om thefile on jan23 yet no change in ecas? I have heard of mp office fidding the emails....
It seems that ecas has not been working for the last few days - some people can't access it at all, others are seeing information that is not updated, there seems to be some kind of maintenance works going on... so maybe that's why. However, it's strange that your MP knows about a decision made on the 23rd of January, and you still have not heard from them - can you go back to your MP and ask for more details?
Good luck,
Sweden

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
sfeire said:
Hi! I'm still having the same issue today. I tried yesterday afternoon and no joy.. Same today!
I panicked thinking it had something to do with my application but if others are havin the problem there must be something wrong! I suppose if I don't have to see the same thing I've seen for the last few months it won't do any harm :p
I'm still not able to log in to ECAS not recognising file number of UCI number for 3 days now.

:mad:

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Hey Guys, i have been reading this forum for a While..and I hope you could help me out..Our application was recieved the 7th of september..wrote to the London Office this is what they replied: Good afternoon,

Your file is in London awaiting a full review. We will be in contact to outline our requirements and to explain the next steps in the application process when there have been further developments with the processing of your file.

Regards,
CDD. Has anyone recieved anything similar? I have written to the, before they they told me that the medicals were recieved and passed. I am getting so impatient.

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
vikarsiddiqui86 said:
If you look on the spreadsheet Sweden referred to you'll see there are still quite a few people who had their file sent over (sponsor approval) in Aug (like me) still waiting. Even 1 or 2 from June/July.

And it appears that sometimes ECAS doesn't update at all. You just get a letter in the post saying your application has been accepted and the COPR is on it's way while ECAS is still saying 'in process'!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Merveille said:
Hey Guys, i have been reading this forum for a While..and I hope you could help me out..Our application was recieved the 7th of september..wrote to the London Office this is what they replied: Good afternoon,

Your file is in London awaiting a full review. We will be in contact to outline our requirements and to explain the next steps in the application process when there have been further developments with the processing of your file.

Regards,
CDD. Has anyone recieved anything similar? I have written to the, before they they told me that the medicals were recieved and passed. I am getting so impatient.
Yeah I got the same thing. It's just a standard form letter. My app was received Sept. 6th (though we didn't get first stage until Dec.) so maybe we'll move at the same pace :)

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
Still waiting for my COPR in the mail :-\

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
rebecassss said:
Yeah I got the same thing. It's just a standard form letter. My app was received Sept. 6th (though we didn't get first stage until Dec.) so maybe we'll move at the same pace :)
We passed the first stage in October,around the 19th.. Since then I was told that the medicals have been matched and passed.. I was also told that a review should be done shortly..have u got that too? If I may ask what took so long for the 1 st stage? Hope that they are working on sept applicants now so we get approved soon!!! :)

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Merveille said:
We passed the first stage in October,around the 19th.. Since then I was told that the medicals have been matched and passed.. I was also told that a review should be done shortly..have u got that too? If I may ask what took so long for the 1 st stage? Hope that they are working on sept applicants now so we get approved soon!!! :)
Then everything sounds good :) We had the same "it will be reviewed shortly" note, though their idea of shortly is not short enough for me!

We missed a signature and had the application sent back to us and that caused the delay in the approval time for us.

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
rebecassss said:
Then everything sounds good :) We had the same "it will be reviewed shortly" note, though their idea of shortly is not short enough for me!

We missed a signature and had the application sent back to us and that caused the delay in the approval time for us.
. I totally agree with you...the definition of short should be reviewed. Is your medicals also recieved?? Hope to be done before our son's 1st year anniversary in March..that is not realistic right?

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Merveille said:
. I totally agree with you...the definition of short should be reviewed. Is your medicals also recieved?? Hope to be done before our son's 1st year anniversary in March..that is not realistic right?
Yup, meds received. Is March realistic? Frankly, I have no idea. I told all my family April but London seems to have ground to a halt completely and now I just don't know. I couldn't even guess, sorry.