+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Excellent, thank you all for such a quick reply!

We are partway through our application - still trying to piece together a few things to make sure that our application is as compelling as possible. We will most likely apply outland because of the whole not leaving the country thing and the timing seems much better.

He is currently on a IEC visa (second time he has done it), so I don't think that those are extendable.

What are the chances that he would be called for an interview in London?

Having read through countless pages of this forum I am very excited to get this application in the post and join the waiting game!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
I wouldn't expect to get anything soon antz. My sponsor approval was August (coming up for 9 months since I sent off the application - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :'() and it seems that all the August sponsor approvals have just completely stalled with no-one hearing anything. Mine went to 'in progress' in London on 'December 10th' according to ECAS. I remember back when I flag-poled on to my 2nd IEC visa saying to the girl at customs that it would be cool to have it sorted before Christmas. Ah how naive I was back then... ;D

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
michty6 said:
I wouldn't expect to get anything soon antz. My sponsor approval was August (coming up for 9 months since I sent off the application - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :'() and it seems that all the August sponsor approvals have just completely stalled with no-one hearing anything. Mine went to 'in progress' in London on 'December 10th' according to ECAS. I remember back when I flag-poled on to my 2nd IEC visa saying to the girl at customs that it would be cool to have it sorted before Christmas. Ah how naive I was back then... ;D
Hey there Michty6,

I am waiting to reapply for my 2nd IEC as I cannot take this unemployment and sitting around for much longer. The IEC hasn't opened for 2013 yet and it is also driving me insane with the constant and incessant refreshing of the website!

Best of luck!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
It sounds like you are in a similar position to what I was in this time last year David. I actually sent off a FSW application in Jan 2012 believing that I met the requirements - but it turned out that I needed to include a LMO and this was rejected. So I stumbled upon the outland spousal sponsorship (which I should've just done in the 1st place) and applied through this. I sent my application off in May 2012 and, at the time, almost all applications were being dealt with within around 7 months, so I thought I'd have it by the end of 2012.

I ummed and ahhed about whether not not to apply for the 2nd IEC, as my first one expired at the end of December 2012. I figured May to December was enough time to process my spousal visa. But just to be on the safe side, I applied for the IEC...

Thank God I did or I would be completely screwed just now!

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Can any of the older members recall any non-visa exempt applicants having to return to the UK for an interview after their status in the UK expired? My husband will need a visitor visa in the event of an interview and I am looking into whether the letter requesting the interview is a good enough reason to satisfy UKBA (in addition to the other requirements).

elmo11

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt!
rebecassss said:
If it's a server issue (most likely) they'll still be able to store all their info locally (approvals etc.) but they won't be able to push it to us. I would imagine that things are working as usual on their end, they just can't give us access. I think we do use the same application as them, but obviously, we have no access to the backend and the database. Perhaps this means they can't grant visas depending on their internal network because they might not be able to push the info to each other, either, but that doesn't seem too likely.

I'm just speculating, though.
Just checked ECAS, seems to be working ok for me today! No change though!

elmo11 ^^

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
michty6 said:

Good point michty, I was looking at all the red columns to try and estimate/average how long it takes between in process and DM, what I didn't take into account is the 'in process' there have been in December and January that are still waiting (a fair few it seems!!). As long as it changes to DM before May I will be a happy wife! Until then I am just impatient... :) fatal characteristic flaw!

dakar23

Jul 26, 2012
blueboom said:
Can any of the older members recall any non-visa exempt applicants having to return to the UK for an interview after their status in the UK expired? My husband will need a visitor visa in the event of an interview and I am looking into whether the letter requesting the interview is a good enough reason to satisfy UKBA (in addition to the other requirements).
Hi, it never happened before , i guess.. There was a member name Naz .
As far as i understood Her case is like She applied from uk and while her application was in london she applied for visitor visa to go canada and they granted her one. when she was in canada she got a letter with interview request but her uk visa was expired . And finally she got refusal as she couldn't attend to her interview.

If your husbands visa expired before DM. Its better to change VO. If you are from india new dehli is very fast VO. They can arrange interview for you in new VO. hope you don't need to go that far.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
dakar23 said:
Hi, it never happened before , i guess.. There was a member name Naz .
As far as i understood Her case is like She applied from uk and while her application was in london she applied for visitor visa to go canada and they granted her one. when she was in canada she got a letter with interview request but her uk visa was expired . And finally she got refusal as she couldn't attend to her interview.

If your husbands visa expired before DM. Its better to change VO. If you are from india new dehli is very fast VO. They can arrange interview for you in new VO. hope you don't need to go that far.
Thanks for your response.

I've been advised that very rarely will CIC transfer the file between visa offices. In other words, whichever visa office is processing the application is where the interview is held, and I saw someone verified that on here as well. If we are able to change to New Delhi, I think we start stage two all over again... Ten months! Sigh. There's no easy solution to this, I guess.

I wonder if we are allowed to reschedule interviews if for some reason his UK visa is denied.

Feb 5, 2013
So i applied in june of 2012. File trandferred in sept 1st week. Asked my mp to enquire about the file and was told that it was looked at jan 23 and wed hear in 2 weeks. ECAS hasnt changed - still says app recd

Should i be worried? Approved or not? Why hasnt ECAS changed? Also how long does it take for them to mail me something. Is it sent to address on ECAS or sposuses addrss in uk

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
vikarsiddiqui86 said:
So i applied in june of 2012. File trandferred in sept 1st week. Asked my mp to enquire about the file and was told that it was looked at jan 23 and wed hear in 2 weeks. ECAS hasnt changed - still says app recd

Should i be worried? Approved or not? Why hasnt ECAS changed? Also how long does it take for them to mail me something. Is it sent to address on ECAS or sposuses addrss in uk
I have a question about contacting an MP.

Can you do it from within Canada? If you were going to do it would you contact your MP in Canada where you live? Or the MP in the UK? How do you do it? Has anyone done it?

I guess that should have been "I have some questions" :p

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
blueboom said:
It seems pretty darn unreasonable of UKBA not to treat that as a valid reason for a visitor visa, but in all my experience with UKBA, they've never really proved that reasonable. I once had to explain to a UKBA what "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" actually meant. E.G Not "England".

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
rebecassss said:
I have a question about contacting an MP.

Can you do it from within Canada? If you were going to do it would you contact your MP in Canada where you live? How do you do it? Has anyone done it?

I guess that should have been "I have some questions" :p
Sure you can do it from within Canada! You need to find out what federal "Riding" you are in (a google search will do it), then look for your MP's website. You can contact by email, snail mail, or head into the constituency office if you're close by and they can make an appointment with you. One way or another, you will be responded to very well. After all, you're keeping them in a job! I've had nothing but good experiences with MPs and MPPs in Canada.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
DGT said:
It seems pretty darn unreasonable of UKBA not to treat that as a valid reason for a visitor visa, but in all my experience with UKBA, they've never really proved that reasonable. I once had to explain to a UKBA what "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" actually meant. E.G Not "England".
I'm hoping that they will be satisfied that he has no intention of living in the UK because his wife is in Canada. Mostly I'm afraid that CIC will be totally unhelpful if UKBA decides to reject the visitor visa and CIC would reject the application outright.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
DGT said:
Sure you can do it from within Canada! You need to find out what federal "Riding" you are in (a google search will do it), then look for your MP's website. You can contact by email, snail mail, or head into the constituency office if you're close by and they can make an appointment with you. One way or another, you will be responded to very well. After all, you're keeping them in a job! I've had nothing but good experiences with MPs and MPPs in Canada.
Sweeeeeet.

Definitely good to know. Thanks for the help!