+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

elmo11

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt!
Sweden said:
Welcome and good luck - if you want to add yourself to the spreadsheet, the link is in my signature, and you just add yourself based on the order of sponsorship approval, the color on your name corresponds to the month where you applied... if you're not too comfortable, let me know and I'll add you.
Good luck,
Sweden
Thanks Sweden, I shall.

elmo11 ^^

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
orly said:
Certainly hope so. Been on 2 work visas, one in 2010-11 and this one which started in June 2012. With our joint bank accounts, rent cheques, photos, wedding cards and all that stuff it should be routine I'd hope. Already says they have my medical results and I heard nothing back from the Doc on that so I'm guessing I'm reasonably healthy. Police checks from UK and Canada done. Lawyer checked it all and signed off on it...so just a waiting game.

My current visa expires in June 2013 so it would be nice not to run too close to that. Here's hoping.

As an aside...I see everyone has that fancy timeline under their name on the left...how do I do that?
I've had two work visas myself.. Hoping that once they see my application it will go quick too considering I have a job offer (where I worked for 2yrs on work visa) and have been here for so long. My last work visa ran out June 2012, been here on a visitors visa ever since!
Good luck !!!!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Oh my god! I just emailed our lawyer on a completely seperate matter and she told me that my application is now "in process"!!!!!!! I double checked with her because it still just says "application received" when I log onto ecas but yes, it's in process :) :)
Another step closer..

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
sfeire said:
Oh my god! I just emailed our lawyer on a completely seperate matter and she told me that my application is now "in process"!!!!!!! I double checked with her because it still just says "application received" when I log onto ecas but yes, it's in process :) :)
Another step closer..
Congratulations! That means you could all done in a week or too! Nearly there!

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
sfeire said:
Another step closer..
Congrats...Seeing you and others make progress allows the rest of us to know that one day it will be our turn!

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
Looking forward to the day I can take a drive from Guelph down to Niagara Falls and jump the border and be done!

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
orly said:
Looking forward to the day I can take a drive from Guelph down to Niagara Falls and jump the border and be done!
Probably best to use the bridge border rather than try to jump the border at the falls ;) I know you'll be excited but you'll only get wet!...and who wants a soggy COPR! ;-)

EMAPLE

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-12
AOR Received.
23-07-12
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-07-12
Med's Done....
MARCH 2012
Interview........
N/A
Hi everyone,

I have been following the forum for a few months now. Not sure how to complete the timelines on the left however here's my timeline:

Application received in Mississauga - May 23 2012
Sponsorship approved - July 23 2012
Extra docs requested - Jan 3 2013
Extra docs sent - Jan 14 2013
Extra docs received by London VO - Jan 15 2013

Roughly how long more do i have to wait to hear back from them as i have been asked not to contact them once the extra docs have been sent.

Thanks

KatieandHarry

Oct 22, 2012
Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted in a while so thought I would bring some input for what it is worth.

I'm getting so impatient at the moment, looking at the table I think we probably have another month of waiting before we hear anything. Our application was sent to London in mid October (they have confirmed it is there and medical results received) etc, the same old "application received" status!

I do have an issue though!! (I have written to London, but of course have not received anything back!) My parter and sponsor lives here with me and our Daughter in the UK. The office over in Canada refunded our application fee for our daugher ($150) without consultation for Permanent Residence (piggy backed on my app as our dependant) and said that as my partner had Canadian Citizenship status at the time of her birth she will qualify for Citizenship. When going through the relevant forms, neither are suitable as she doesn't meet the criteria for either! 1. being that she had to be stateless when she was born in the UK so holds a UK passport and 2. requesting the COPR papers, to which of course ... she does not have!! I wrote a letter to London explaining this and asked for it to be placed on our file for when it is "opened". Im really anxious that they will grant me residency and forget about our daughter because of this or even worse worried that her side of the application was discarded in Canada because of this assumption of citizenship ... bit complicated I know .... does anyone have any thoughts? Have I done the right thing? I can't bear the thought of being granted PR and then having to go through another application for my daughter!

I was hoping that they could go ahead with our original request and grant us both PR status and then we can look at the whole citizenship route from Canada when we are over there but if they just grant me then technically our daughter can only stay for 6 months or have I got that completely wrong?! She is only 18 months old!

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!

Katie

mickmerf1

Jan 3, 2013
Don`t you just hate it when you get home from work and the postman has been and you`ve missed him.
and in the hallway is a card saying "a letter needs to be signed for, please pick up from your local post office between these times"
O.M.G could it be? we were not expecting anything else, Ecas is still saying the same thing!!!!!!GULP!!
No, don`t get excited it will be something else you`ve forgotten about.......or could it lol.
Now we have to wait till tomorrow morning to find out aaaaagghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
EMAPLE said:
Hi everyone,

I have been following the forum for a few months now. Not sure how to complete the timelines on the left however here's my timeline:

Application received in Mississauga - May 23 2012
Sponsorship approved - July 23 2012
Extra docs requested - Jan 3 2013
Extra docs sent - Jan 14 2013
Extra docs received by London VO - Jan 15 2013

Roughly how long more do i have to wait to hear back from them as i have been asked not to contact them once the extra docs have been sent.

Thanks
Hi EMAPLE,

our sponsorship was august 8th and they requested additional documents from us on November 29 (Received in London Dec 3) and we haven't heard anything. I emailed them last week and all they said was that they had been received and were awaiting review.

So i can't really answer your question but just sharing my similar experience.

Starting to go slightly insane now.... :eek: ;D

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
KatieandHarry said:
Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted in a while so thought I would bring some input for what it is worth.

I'm getting so impatient at the moment, looking at the table I think we probably have another month of waiting before we hear anything. Our application was sent to London in mid October (they have confirmed it is there and medical results received) etc, the same old "application received" status!

I do have an issue though!! (I have written to London, but of course have not received anything back!) My parter and sponsor lives here with me and our Daughter in the UK. The office over in Canada refunded our application fee for our daugher ($150) without consultation for Permanent Residence (piggy backed on my app as our dependant) and said that as my partner had Canadian Citizenship status at the time of her birth she will qualify for Citizenship. When going through the relevant forms, neither are suitable as she doesn't meet the criteria for either! 1. being that she had to be stateless when she was born in the UK so holds a UK passport and 2. requesting the COPR papers, to which of course ... she does not have!! I wrote a letter to London explaining this and asked for it to be placed on our file for when it is "opened". Im really anxious that they will grant me residency and forget about our daughter because of this or even worse worried that her side of the application was discarded in Canada because of this assumption of citizenship ... bit complicated I know .... does anyone have any thoughts? Have I done the right thing? I can't bear the thought of being granted PR and then having to go through another application for my daughter!

I was hoping that they could go ahead with our original request and grant us both PR status and then we can look at the whole citizenship route from Canada when we are over there but if they just grant me then technically our daughter can only stay for 6 months or have I got that completely wrong?! She is only 18 months old!

Katie
I wouldn't stress too much about it. I'm sure the London VO will sort it out for you but if not then lets look at the worst case scenario:You obtain your PR but your daughter doesn't.

You head to Canada with your partner and obtain at least a 6 month visitor record for your daughter and if you ask the border may give you a longer stamp for her - as she's unlikely to be working soon!

Once in Canada you can reapply for outland PR or citizenship for your daughter (whichever is quickest) and extend her visitor record online (v quick process) when you're coming up to the end of the 6 months...

So...even in the worse case...you're in Canada as a family unit and your daughter's status will be in progress and PR will be sorted after 6/7 months. Obviously not ideal but nothing to get too stressed over.

Hope that helps.

S.

KatieandHarry

Oct 22, 2012
Thank you for your response SaMoS, I feel a bit better now. Everyone I am mentioned it to down here is like "Oh my god, what are you going to do!!" so it's nice to talk to you lot that are in the process also. Thanks :)

Looking at it, you're right it's not that bad. It's just irritating that London don't seem to respond to anything if you get stuck. I'm hoping they will note that our little girl is only 18 months old and just sort it out there and then. I can't wait for us to move out there, I really can't! It's going to be a great year! 8)

Thanks again!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
KatieandHarry said:
Hi Everyone!

Katie
If your daughter is born to a Canadian citizen, then she is canadian, and normally in the UK you're allowed to have a dual citizenship (i'm not sure what you mean when you say she was stateless). Apply for her certificate of citizenship through the canadian embassy in London, and once you have that, you can get her passport. You can get a temporary passport if timeline is very short, but it should be fine... citizenship certificate takes a while according to the website, but in reality it's much faster, so hopefully you'll have everything ( PR for you + passport for your daughter) at the same time when moving to Canada.
Otherwise, SaMoS solution will work as well, so it should be all good - but would be much easier to get the citizenship certificate right away.
Good luck,
Sweden

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
Still in process :-X