+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
If you apply for a change of status from IEC worker to Visitor, do you need to supply them with a landing stamp too?? I'm not sure what this is...

GalloQuebecois

Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-05-2012
Hi,

just noticed that when I entered Canada as a tourist in early November from the UK they didn't stamp my passport.

Can someone confirm how long tourist visas are valid for?

Many thanks!

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
GalloQuebecois said:
Hi,

just noticed that when I entered Canada as a tourist in early November from the UK they didn't stamp my passport.

Can someone confirm how long tourist visas are valid for?

Many thanks!
6 months is the standard and you should be sure to renew your visitor record before the 5 month mark. so March in your case.

S.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Does anyone else have moments where they just massively freak out about their application?

We had no guests at our wedding, nor did we have a photographer. Our witnesses were just people from the chapel! We didn't have a reception or any of that lark.
We had hardly any pictures. All of our photos are taken by me, so I'm not in any of them! Aside from that most of them are of our cats. We managed to pull up around 12 photographs with both of us in, the bulk of them were from family things like birthdays and Christmas.
We were only together a year before we got married, applied for PR when we'd been married a year. We lived together from the day I first came to Canada.
We only wrote like, a paragraph each for our "say something about your spouse" essays.

We figured what the hell because our relationship is genuine, we provided names of loads of friends and family who can confirm that... We figured it's so obvious we're really truly married that they'll see that even without 3inches of paper.

And today I was reading around... All the massive thick applications and people who were refused... It's just totally freaked me out and I'm worried our application isn't strong enough and if they need more evidence we won't even know about it for another few months and what if they want an interview how will we afford to get to the UK and the whole damn thing just takes so LONG... GAH.

I wish this whole process wasn't so awful. We only sent the app in September (had it sent back once already because we missed a signature) and I'm already a total mess. I just want it to be over with already.

We figured out our plan B if we got rejected well before we sent in the app (live in the UK while we apply for US green cards) but I'm like, what if we HAVE to do plan B? I freakin hate plan B! It's so much worse than plan A (live in Canada and be happy forever).

The whole thing just sucks.

Just had to vent.

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Gary_87 said:
If you apply for a change of status from IEC worker to Visitor, do you need to supply them with a landing stamp too?? I'm not sure what this is...
I never did this when I changed my status, and was never asked for one either.

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
rebecassss said:
Does anyone else have moments where they just massively freak out about their application?

We had no guests at our wedding, nor did we have a photographer. Our witnesses were just people from the chapel! We didn't have a reception or any of that lark.
We had hardly any pictures. All of our photos are taken by me, so I'm not in any of them! Aside from that most of them are of our cats. We managed to pull up around 12 photographs with both of us in, the bulk of them were from family things like birthdays and Christmas.
We were only together a year before we got married, applied for PR when we'd been married a year. We lived together from the day I first came to Canada.
We only wrote like, a paragraph each for our "say something about your spouse" essays.

We figured what the hell because our relationship is genuine, we provided names of loads of friends and family who can confirm that... We figured it's so obvious we're really truly married that they'll see that even without 3inches of paper.

And today I was reading around... All the massive thick applications and people who were refused... It's just totally freaked me out and I'm worried our application isn't strong enough and if they need more evidence we won't even know about it for another few months and what if they want an interview how will we afford to get to the UK and the whole damn thing just takes so LONG... GAH.

I wish this whole process wasn't so awful. We only sent the app in September (had it sent back once already because we missed a signature) and I'm already a total mess. I just want it to be over with already.

We figured out our plan B if we got rejected well before we sent in the app (live in the UK while we apply for US green cards) but I'm like, what if we HAVE to do plan B? I freakin hate plan B! It's so much worse than plan A (live in Canada and be happy forever).

Just had to vent.
OK....Take a deep breath...and breathe!

It'll be fine. Every once in a while we all panic with the "What if???". All I can advise is to let the process trundle on and enjoy life. CIC will be in touch if they need anything and they're not going to reject you until they've given you all the opportunities to show them what they need to see...

So...Be calm, chill and be happy for tomorrow your COPR will arrive...Oh and rant on here as necessary!

S

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Woffles said:
I never did this when I changed my status, and was never asked for one either.
I only had to do it because I extended my visitor visa.

GalloQuebecois

Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-05-2012
SaMoS said:
6 months is the standard and you should be sure to renew your visitor record before the 5 month mark. so March in your case.

S.
Many thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
rebecassss said:

Just had to vent.
Hey! as others have said - breathe! :) it'll be OK. London has one of the highest approval rate for spousal ( somewhere around the 94 or 95% mark!!), and comparing your application won't help... you'll always find somebody that had more proofs, a thicker application etc, and it doesn't say anything about their relationship (other than they have spent a lot of time preparing it for sure).
Also remember - you're coming from a country where you're not suspected of immigration fraud. So breathe, and relax. You won't get denied - if London thinks that they don't have any proofs, they'll ask for more. Then you submit more, and they approve you! try and think about the whole process as "WHEN they approve the PR" and not "IF" they approve...

People get refused, and the stories you hear here are only one side (not saying that genuine couples don't get denied but you don't know how they presented their case). So trust that you presented your couple as it is : genuine. You are married, you live together, and you have no other reason to be in Canada than being with your partner.

Freaking out is normal, and it's a stressful process, but I doubt that you will need a plan B. So stick to Plan A, sit back, and breathe!
Cheers,
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
I found myself reading through the much earlier posts in this thread tonight.
My god, in 2011 they were processing apps from very beginning to end in as little as 2 or 3 months!!!! :eek:
7 months later and I'm still waiting, not to mention people waiting longer!
The wait really seems never ending and it's all I think about.
Please be over soon! Even as its "in process" I'm not getting my hopes up...

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rebecassss said:

Just had to vent.
I have that freak out daily for some reason or another! Did we include enough photos? We're together 12 years nearly (since we were teenagers) but because we got married here in Canada without our parents etc. will they think it's not genuine!?!? Madness! But perfectly normal I assure you :)

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Gary_87 said:
I did the same and I'm pretty sure in the document check list it asks you for copies of all stamped pages of your passport!? I know I definitely included it in something!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sfeire said:
My god, in 2011 they were processing apps from very beginning to end in as little as 2 or 3 months!!!! :eek:
you'll be done soon! 12 years together, and you're from a visa-exempt country - RELAX! it's not about IF you will be approved, but about WHEN you will be approved, and you'll be fine!being in Canada is stressful because you can't work and every day without a visa seems like a "lost day" but at least you don't have to try and plan your life (moving, saying good bye etc) around immigration possible answer.

Good luck,
Sweden

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
sfeire said:
I know, it sucks. I so wish I'd met my wife a year earlier. We'd probably be all settled by now.

I had one of those 'what if' thoughts. I read someone in another thread talking about sending their photocopy of their passport and how it was a colour photocopy. Made me realise I sent the copies of my passport and birth certificate in black & white. Anyone think this'd be a problem?

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sweden said:
you'll be done soon! 12 years together, and you're from a visa-exempt country - RELAX! it's not about IF you will be approved, but about WHEN you will be approved, and you'll be fine!being in Canada is stressful because you can't work and every day without a visa seems like a "lost day" but at least you don't have to try and plan your life (moving, saying good bye etc) around immigration possible answer.

Good luck,
Sweden
Thanks Sweden! As always, the voice of reason :)
You're right though, with all the time I have it's hard, even when I try keep myself busy people are asking me! It just goes with the territory I suppose!
Yes, WHEN! Ours was a tad complicated but more for stage 1 (sp approval) so I would understand it not being done in a day.
I know, I feel for people trying to plan the big move and tryin to organise houses and jobs etc. around the process. I'm lucky in that way!
S