+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Herjeet said:
My Wife got an email from London VO requesting further information with a link to the form that needs filling. I do hope this is a start to her PR application being looked at!! Well its something! :D
yes! it's definitely a good point, they have opened your file, and they are looking at it, as soon as you send everything you should have news soon! hopefully before you land here.... if not, we can always take a common trip to the US border for flagpoling and landing!
Good luck, seems like your ecas should turn into "in progress" very soon!
Cheers,
Sweden

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Herjeet said:
My Wife got an email from London VO requesting further information with a link to the form that needs filling. I do hope this is a start to her PR application being looked at!! Well its something! :D
Hi Herjeet, my experience, your wife should get the result within a month

congratulations

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Canooknic said:
You're making the right choice! We left the UK 18 months ago and can't believe how different our lives are co pared to our friends in the UK. Not just material stuff (althought that side of things is awesome!! ;D) but the family lifestyle over here is just amazing. There is a statutory holiday almost every month, and my fiancée's company close early on the Friday before so if people are travelling for the long weekend they can get away early!
The opportunities in our town for my boys is great, they are desperate to get out skating again now the weather is turning, and all the outdoor skating is free! There are so many events for families - especially in the lead up to Christmas/New Year and most of those are free too. 'Family time' is definitely encouraged here and I'm loving it!
Hi Canooknic,

It seems you really love this forum that you still read it even after you landing in May last year :D. I strongly agree with you that life for family and kids is of much higher quality here in Canada. I remember that the most activities I took my kids to do in the U.K. was going shopping in the malls. I didn't see many interesting places for family to go other than cold and empty parks. I know that there are many places of interest with history in England, however, they are more attractive to adults and tourists, not for family and kids. I really felt bored there. Perhaps that was just me! Here in Canada, I am amazed by various events in the community, most of them are provided free by the government or charity. The weather allows and encourage people going outdoor for all kinds of activities, waster play, boating, hiking, canoeing, skating, cycling...... you name it! I just love it! Whenever I see my kids running happily in the playground, I feel so happy for them! the most scary thing I don't want to see on my kids are the 18th birthday celebration of getting drunk with their friend in a night club, although my kids are young yet (one is 6 and one is 4). That already scared me off.

UK is a great place still, perhaps it is just not as good for children ::).

Anyway let's enjoy everyday here, cold or hot. make best of it.

Regards

Michelle

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
liuminparis said:
Hi Canooknic,

It seems you really love this forum that you still read it even after you landing in May last year :D. I strongly agree with you that life for family and kids is of much higher quality here in Canada. I remember that the most activities I took my kids to do in the U.K. was going shopping in the malls. I didn't see many interesting places for family to go other than cold and empty parks. I know that there are many places of interest with history in England, however, they are more attractive to adults and tourists, not for family and kids. I really felt bored there. Perhaps that was just me! Here in Canada, I am amazed by various events in the community, most of them are provided free by the government or charity. The weather allows and encourage people going outdoor for all kinds of activities, waster play, boating, hiking, canoeing, skating, cycling...... you name it! I just love it! Whenever I see my kids running happily in the playground, I feel so happy for them! the most scary thing I don't want to see on my kids are the 18th birthday celebration of getting drunk with their friend in a night club, although my kids are young yet (one is 6 and one is 4). That already scared me off.

UK is a great place still, perhaps it is just not as good for children ::).

Anyway let's enjoy everyday here, cold or hot. make best of it.

Regards

Michelle
I think the same thingy about my boys out drinking and they are only 4!! Here's to many more years of worry xxx

I did love England, and have many happy memories, but this is definitely where we were supposed to be. My lovely fella has settled in so quickly, I thought he'd miss his friends & family but he has totally Canadianized already.....no regrets! Although I could murder a good cod & chips now and again!!!!

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
Sweden said:
yes! it's definitely a good point, they have opened your file, and they are looking at it, as soon as you send everything you should have news soon! hopefully before you land here.... if not, we can always take a common trip to the US border for flagpoling and landing!
Good luck, seems like your ecas should turn into "in progress" very soon!
Cheers,
Sweden
We could indeed take a trip accrossthe border together! Lets hope it all happens soon! Hope you're enjoying Vancouver!! Can't wait to land!!

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
liuminparis said:
Hi Herjeet, my experience, your wife should get the result within a month

congratulations
Thanks!!! :D

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Morning guys,

i gave in yesterday and e-mailed London after hearing some horror stories of peoples applications not being sent! I needed some peace of mind! Wasn't expecting anything back but e-mailed them yesterday afternoon and just got this back:

Dear Applicant,

File number: xxxxxx

Your file has been received by our London office and is awaiting review by an officer.

We thank you for your patience.

Regards
CSU (VCM)

at least i know its been received! Can't believe how fast they e-mailed back :eek:

It's really starting to take a toll on us now, i think mainly because we're close to the end, its always the worst. My partner has been here out of work for a year and half due to two failed LMO's then needing to wait a couple of months until we became common law. We were going to pack it in and just go back to England as i didn't think he could mentally survive not working for however many months this PR takes, but hopefully it will all be worth it!

oh well, rant over. Hope lots of people get their decision made this week :)

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Laurenhannah said:
at least i know its been received! Can't believe how fast they e-mailed back :eek:

It's really starting to take a toll on us now, i think mainly because we're close to the end, its always the worst. My partner has been here out of work for a year and half due to two failed LMO's then needing to wait a couple of months until we became common law. We were going to pack it in and just go back to England as i didn't think he could mentally survive not working for however many months this PR takes, but hopefully it will all be worth it!

oh well, rant over. Hope lots of people get their decision made this week :)
Hey Lauren,

The fact they E-mailed back so fast is a good sign. I know how you feel about it starting to take its toll and wanting it to be over already. I have a million things to tie up here in the U.K that will require a good 4 weeks if everything goes perfectly but I cannot do anything until I see that DM or COPR come through my door.

I seriously think if I don't hear news this week I will cry hard lol. I have my E-Mail constantly open, wait like a school kid for the mail in the morning and check E-CAS a good 4 or 5 times throughout the day. I see Xmas coming in the distance and everyday that passes looks more and more remote that I will spend it with my family.

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Lauren,

The fact they E-mailed back so fast is a good sign. I know how you feel about it starting to take its toll and wanting it to be over already. I have a million things to tie up here in the U.K that will require a good 4 weeks if everything goes perfectly but I cannot do anything until I see that DM or COPR come through my door.

I seriously think if I don't hear news this week I will cry hard lol. I have my E-Mail constantly open, wait like a school kid for the mail in the morning and check E-CAS a good 4 or 5 times throughout the day. I see Xmas coming in the distance and everyday that passes looks more and more remote that I will spend it with my family.
I am the exact same! I just sit at work checking ECAS, emails etc like you. I think that's probably why we find it more and more frustrating! Its hard not to though. I really hope you hear ASAP and get to spend xmas with your family, what a fantastic Christmas that would be!

I was definitely surprised how quick they e-mailed back too. Hopefully they pull a finger out this week and stop torturing us all so much! One day i'm sure we will look back on this and it will seem so miniscule in the grand scheme of things :)

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Laurenhannah said:
I am the exact same! I just sit at work checking ECAS, emails etc like you. I think that's probably why we find it more and more frustrating! Its hard not to though. I really hope you hear ASAP and get to spend xmas with your family, what a fantastic Christmas that would be!

I was definitely surprised how quick they e-mailed back too. Hopefully they pull a finger out this week and stop torturing us all so much! One day i'm sure we will look back on this and it will seem so miniscule in the grand scheme of things :)
The E-mail I received said "Your file is currently under review with an officer", which obviously would appear to be a good thing I guess lol but ECAS does not say that it just says application received. So the fact ECAS won't update is really annoying as the Email suggests that I am in process lol. I am so boooooooored now, I have plenty to do but can't do any of it, that is the most frustrating thing!!!

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
R151NG5UN said:
The E-mail I received said "Your file is currently under review with an officer", which obviously would appear to be a good thing I guess lol but ECAS does not say that it just says application received. So the fact ECAS won't update is really annoying as the Email suggests that I am in process lol. I am so boooooooored now, I have plenty to do but can't do any of it, that is the most frustrating thing!!!
Oh i bet!! I was hoping that was what our e-mail was going to say also. When did you receive that e-mail? I bet yours will just turn up in the post!! ;) fingers crossed for you

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Laurenhannah said:
Oh i bet!! I was hoping that was what our e-mail was going to say also. When did you receive that e-mail? I bet yours will just turn up in the post!! ;) fingers crossed for you
I had 2 E-mails sent to me actually, 1 on the 23rd and 1 on the 24th. The first 1 said it was awaiting review and the 2nd one said it was under review lol (go figure). Well usually when they reply and they reply so promptly it is a very good sign, it is not so good when they either don't reply or take an age to get back to you. I am thinking it has been very long now and maybe the COPR will just show up. Only concern for me is the fact my medicals expire after tomorrow, although pretty sure if it is the only thing stopping COPR they can issue an extension. Maybe this is the reason mine seems to be taking so long lol.

Fingers crossed for you and that you go in process soon or even better that COPR turns up :D

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
baruderu said:
First time poster, long time reader here :)

We got our sponsorship approval in an incredibly quick 34 days. Wonderful news, right? Well, we were on holiday last week and when we came back through Toronto Pearson this past weekend we went to secondary immigration as expected. We were lucky to get a very nice immigration official who was kind enough to tell us that there was a problem with our photos, but she couldn't give us any further detail because that's all it said in the file on her computer. I wracked my brain wondering what it could be (since I followed the country-specific instructions to the letter) and realised that it's probably because we didn't write on the back of one of the photos (applicant's name, dob, date of photo). Apparently this instruction vanished from the official guidelines over a year ago but it's still a requiremen, according to other immigration forums that I visit.

So, here I sit, waiting for London to tell me what's officially wrong with the photos so we can waste more money and time re-doing them and resubmitting them. Boy am I happy today. I wonder how much of a delay their error will cost us.

Anyone else go through something like this with the photos? Any advice is always welcome.

Thanks
I don't think this is a problem, as evidenced by the many people who get their COPR without having written anything on the backs of their photos. I'm pretty sure they won't request new ones from you.

One thing I noticed in my GCMS notes is that somebody in Mississauga, when first reviewing the contents of my application, added a note stating there was no info entered on the backs of photos, and therefore they said "CSCD not entered" by them on my file (as far as I can ascertain, CSCD means client service commitment date or something to that effect) and they also seem to make this note if any items are missing. In the case of missing forms or other crucial items, they seem to request them right away, whereas they don't seem to bother dilly-dallying over the photo thing.

The immigration officer possibly saw a note to this effect on your file and told you about it, but as far as I can tell from what I have read about it, it doesn't actually matter. I'm not sure if there is any consequence of not having a CSCD entered in your file, however. I'm guessing this is just an internal deadline they aim to work to.

That's just a guess as to what is going on in your case. I would say: Don't Panic!

Interestingly, I was told that CBSA do not have access to your CIC file by somebody on another forum who apparently works for CBSA, so your experience would seem to contradict that. I can see why they would not wish to reveal such a fact as that is perhaps a matter of national security, but lying about it is a rubbish thing for him to have done when people seriously rely on this kind of advice.

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Thank you so much Deficient. I really appreciate your insight. As of today I haven't heard a thing regarding whether or not the photos need to be redone, which I take as good news. I checked e-cas and the status has been updated to say "Medical results received" which is good to hear.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
I wish these July /Aug Sponsor Approval Applicants would get a move on and turn red already. Us Sept. applicants are impatiently waiting.... :p :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AovjfA1KvIIIdDR3NnZvd3JKZlZ0aURxWWZzUUNub0E&authkey=CJyi-IYE#gid=0