+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got passport request today in email .... I'm Happy about it ..

I left UK in July coz my visa expired and I informed them about it, but they made a mistake .. instead of asking me to send my passport to Islamabad High Commission, they ask to send passport to LVO. spoke to fedex and DHL and they wont take my passport to London. also tried calling CHC London & Islamabad but no luck. finally sent an email to LVO again .. waiting for their response now ....

Zaig & Imran901 any thoughts about it ???

Thanks

F

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
scottishmaple said:
I wish these July /Aug Sponsor Approval Applicants would get a move on and turn red already. Us Sept. applicants are impatiently waiting.... :p :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AovjfA1KvIIIdDR3NnZvd3JKZlZ0aURxWWZzUUNub0E&authkey=CJyi-IYE#gid=0
I wish us april/may applicants would be sorted out first.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Update:

Called CIC this morning.

Explained my situation to the agent and he said:

- As of now my file has not been updated
- The right department has not responded to the enquiry sent by the agent on Oct 19
- Agents cannot send another request for another 3 months (Jan 19th or later)

I asked if and when I should call back. He could not tell me.

Hate being in the dark. It's my file, my case and I don't know what is going on with it.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Hey Bonitanita,

I guess a fair assumption would now be that London has the file safe and sound finally? Have you yourself sent a CSE form to London V.O. Although the agent can only request a file update once every 3 months, that does not mean that you can't. I would have thought since CIC have messed your file up pretty damn badly, the least they could do is acknowledge a CSE and give a detailed response to where exactly your file is at, and fingers crossed how it will be dealt with expeditiously. Good luck and fingers crossed for you that it is resolved and processed asap. :D

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
bonitanita said:
Update:

Called CIC this morning.

Explained my situation to the agent and he said:

- As of now my file has not been updated
- The right department has not responded to the enquiry sent by the agent on Oct 19
- Agents cannot send another request for another 3 months (Jan 19th or later)

I asked if and when I should call back. He could not tell me.

Hate being in the dark. It's my file, my case and I don't know what is going on with it.
My sympathy goes out to you Bonitanita, losing my file would be a nightmare. I hope you find out something soon. I totally agree and it being your file and you should receive all the information on it you like. I also feel the same way about Medicals. You pay for a medical and your not allowed to know ANYTHING of the results, to me that is really bad practice. I'm not sure what all the secrecy is all about....

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Bonitanita,

I guess a fair assumption would now be that London has the file safe and sound finally? Have you yourself sent a CSE form to London V.O. Although the agent can only request a file update once every 3 months, that does not mean that you can't. I would have thought since CIC have messed your file up pretty damn badly, the least they could do is acknowledge a CSE and give a detailed response to where exactly your file is at, and fingers crossed how it will be dealt with expeditiously. Good luck and fingers crossed for you that it is resolved and processed asap. :D
What's a CSE?

I think if they had forwarded the file to London, they would have updated the system saying so. But, as the agent said, nothing had been updated in the system so my guess is that they have not yet responded to the enquiry. They probably have a back log of enquiries to respond to.

I just wrote a letter to the Toronto Star. There is a column in there regarding immigration issues such as mine. I am also writing to the local MP next week when hubby is back from work.

*sigh*

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
bonitanita said:
What's a CSE?

I think if they had forwarded the file to London, they would have updated the system saying so. But, as the agent said, nothing had been updated in the system so my guess is that they have not yet responded to the enquiry. They probably have a back log of enquiries to respond to.

I just wrote a letter to the Toronto Star. There is a column in there regarding immigration issues such as mine. I am also writing to the local MP next week when hubby is back from work.

*sigh*
A CSE is a case specific enquiry. It is essentially an E-mail but you use CIC to forward your message and it is directed through their system which means it is a lot more likely to get a reply than a standard E-mail. You can find the CSE on CIC's web page. If you cannot find it, I can look for you and dig it out and post it up here.

As for the system it is so unreliable it beggars belief. An agent E-mailed me to say my file was under review last week but ECAS does not say any such thing, so what or whom to believe? I am sure your right with regards to backlog of enquiries to respond to but seeing as your principal applicant and just perhaps these guys may have some empathy and reply to you.

Good for you being pro-active and writing to media sources and contacting your MP, hopefully it will all be mute very soon and you will have your COPR. Good luck :D

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
bonitanita said:
What's a CSE?

*sigh*
Hi Bonitanita,

I would definitely submit a CSE online. I did that 2 days ago (in the afternoon) and got a reply by mid morning the next day! I wasn't expecting anything as my enquiry wasn't urgent at all (just wanting to make sure they received our application after hearing your horror story!) and it says they reply within 28 days (if at all). So definitely give it a go. They confirmed that London had received our application and was currently waiting to be reviewed.

I truly feel awful for you, i hope you hear something soon.

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fhaider said:
Got passport request today in email .... I'm Happy about it ..

I left UK in July coz my visa expired and I informed them about it, but they made a mistake .. instead of asking me to send my passport to Islamabad High Commission, they ask to send passport to LVO. spoke to fedex and DHL and they wont take my passport to London. also tried calling CHC London & Islamabad but no luck. finally sent an email to LVO again .. waiting for their response now ....

Zaig & Imran901 any thoughts about it ???

Thanks

F

Any responses to my query ??????

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Fhaider said:
Any responses to my query ??????
Hey Fhaider,

It is not that we don't respond it is more this situation is alien to us. I guess unless you have trusted family or friends in London and you can send passport to them then you will have to wait for an E-mail reply from the appropriate Embassy be it Islamabad or London.

Good luck :D

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Fhaider,

It is not that we don't respond it is more this situation is alien to us. I guess unless you have trusted family or friends in London and you can send passport to them then you will have to wait for an E-mail reply from the appropriate Embassy be it Islamabad or London.

Good luck :D
Thanks .. I am gonna call ISB High Commission tomorrow .. lets see what they say ..

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
I can't find where to send a CSE.

Does this get sent to Canada or London? If it gets sent to London, then it is pointless because their response was that since they don't have my file, they don't know anything and can't do anything.

If it gets sent to Canada, then I will send it and if anyone has the link, I'd appreciate it if you could send it my way.

Thanks!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Yeah this goes to London but might be worth you bookmarking the link and giving it maybe a week then trying. Here is the link I found, not sure if you can send a CSE to Mississagua.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Canooknic said:
I think the same thingy about my boys out drinking and they are only 4!! Here's to many more years of worry xxx

I did love England, and have many happy memories, but this is definitely where we were supposed to be. My lovely fella has settled in so quickly, I thought he'd miss his friends & family but he has totally Canadianized already.....no regrets! Although I could murder a good cod & chips now and again!!!!
Great to hear how well settled you are :)

Did/has anyone got any doubts or regrets about going through this whole process?

We are getting near the end now hoping to be settling properly in Canada after christmas :) And I guess now it is getting near the end my mind is going crazy. I've been over here a few months without being able to work and my partner has to work out of town so it has been very lonely at times, so hoping we have made the right decision to move here and won't be missing our friends and family too much! (my boyfriend has also left most of his family behind as he grew up in Scotland and is just really getting to know his dads side of the family over here in Canada!)

Hoping once I have my PR and can get a job all these scary feelings will seem so insignificant as we will be well settled, but it is definitely a scary process.

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
johare12 said:
Great to hear how well settled you are :)

Did/has anyone got any doubts or regrets about going through this whole process?

We are getting near the end now hoping to be settling properly in Canada after christmas :) And I guess now it is getting near the end my mind is going crazy. I've been over here a few months without being able to work and my partner has to work out of town so it has been very lonely at times, so hoping we have made the right decision to move here and won't be missing our friends and family too much! (my boyfriend has also left most of his family behind as he grew up in Scotland and is just really getting to know his dads side of the family over here in Canada!)

Hoping once I have my PR and can get a job all these scary feelings will seem so insignificant as we will be well settled, but it is definitely a scary process.
Hi Johare12,

my boyfriend and i are the exact same at times. The crazy thing is (and i'm sure many people will be shocked!) we don't actually want to permanently stay in Canada. My boyfriend has been here for almost 3 years and i've been here for over 5 years, and we both just love and miss England so much. The main reason we won't head back yet is obviously because of the economy, whats the point right? I could go on forever comparing the two, but at the end of the day... our hearts are in England. We will stay here long enough until my boyfriend can get his citizenship (ill get mine then too) because i'd never want to leave without it, especially seeing as my parents are here. We're just trying to be sensible and stay here for the time being. My boyfriend has been out of work for 1 1/2 years here now (two failed LMO's and now this!) so i often wonder what the heck we're doing this all for! Still, its over soon.. and once you settle down i'm sure you will be just fine. It is very scary as it's all so permanent (duhh!), but if things don't work there's nothing to stop you going home :)

Canada can offer a great life, and if you come with a positive attitude i'm sure it will all work out!

I really hope you get your PR soon, you got sponsorship approval after us so i'm hoping we are ASAP!

Good luck!