+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
First time poster, long time reader here :)

We got our sponsorship approval in an incredibly quick 34 days. Wonderful news, right? Well, we were on holiday last week and when we came back through Toronto Pearson this past weekend we went to secondary immigration as expected. We were lucky to get a very nice immigration official who was kind enough to tell us that there was a problem with our photos, but she couldn't give us any further detail because that's all it said in the file on her computer. I wracked my brain wondering what it could be (since I followed the country-specific instructions to the letter) and realised that it's probably because we didn't write on the back of one of the photos (applicant's name, dob, date of photo). Apparently this instruction vanished from the official guidelines over a year ago but it's still a requiremen, according to other immigration forums that I visit.

So, here I sit, waiting for London to tell me what's officially wrong with the photos so we can waste more money and time re-doing them and resubmitting them. Boy am I happy today. I wonder how much of a delay their error will cost us.

Anyone else go through something like this with the photos? Any advice is always welcome.

Thanks

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
baruderu said:
First time poster, long time reader here :)

We got our sponsorship approval in an incredibly quick 34 days. Wonderful news, right? Well, we were on holiday last week and when we came back through Toronto Pearson this past weekend we went to secondary immigration as expected. We were lucky to get a very nice immigration official who was kind enough to tell us that there was a problem with our photos, but she couldn't give us any further detail because that's all it said in the file on her computer. I wracked my brain wondering what it could be (since I followed the country-specific instructions to the letter) and realised that it's probably because we didn't write on the back of one of the photos (applicant's name, dob, date of photo). Apparently this instruction vanished from the official guidelines over a year ago but it's still a requiremen, according to other immigration forums that I visit.

So, here I sit, waiting for London to tell me what's officially wrong with the photos so we can waste more money and time re-doing them and resubmitting them. Boy am I happy today. I wonder how much of a delay their error will cost us.

Anyone else go through something like this with the photos? Any advice is always welcome.

Thanks

I don't remember writing on the back of any of my photos either :/ I'm a bit worried now!

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
johare12 said:
I don't remember writing on the back of any of my photos either :/ I'm a bit worried now!
+1!!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
I don't think that having your name on the back of your photo's is going to matter 1 iota. A lot of people who have COPR's did not write their name on the back of the photo's. As long as the photo matches the scanned image of your passport, it is pretty much common sense and the CIC guidelines don't state your photograph's have to have your name on them. All mine had was a cluster of 8 photographs (uncut) the studio name and website and the date. Now if your passport is 8 years old and your photo's differ incredibly from your scanned image on your biometric passport page then maybe a slight concern although the PCC photo's had to be certified by a professional person so even then photo's dont' worry me 1 bit.

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
I think it's the date that the photo was taken which is going to cause the problem. It was stamped by the photography studio (name and address only, but no date).

xebex

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Fernie, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
i didn't see any information on the website of having dates or photographers stamps on the immigration photos.

It may be due to having shadows on the face in places that are unacceptable.

and as risingsun said, you had to have your photos verified by a professional person for the police check.

If you have got a problem with dates and stamps, i will be in the same boat as you.

Good luck!

xebex

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Fernie, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
on a different subject, how do they get in touch to let you know they've received the application? email and/or snail mail?

thanks

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
xebex said:
on a different subject, how do they get in touch to let you know they've received the application? email and/or snail mail?

thanks
Hey xebex

They don't let you know. I hope that when you sent your package you asked for signed for delivery/ registered. That becomes your way of knowing, if you did not use registered then the 1st you will hear is when the sponsor is approved.

Good luck :D

xebex

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Fernie, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
Yes we got it signed for so it was received on the 24th! Phew!

Thanks

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Hi Xebex

I got an email confirming receipt of application, and snail mail letter telling me I'd been approved as a sponsor.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
xebex said:
Yes we got it signed for so it was received on the 24th! Phew!

Thanks
you might get lucky and receive and AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) - and these ones are always by email (from what I can see on the forum). Then - either snailmail or email for sponsorship approval... everything is possible! the sponsorship approval will tell you that you have been approved and your file has been transferred to London. In London most of the time they won't tell you that your file has been received, the only exception seems to be when people are going to Quebec as there is an extra step involved, so it seems that London has been sending mails to make sure that people are aware...

So in short - not much communication, it's mostly wait wait and wait - that's why the spreadsheet is useful because you can get a general idea of where CIC is at for the date (spreadsheet for the month that you applied), and once reaching London VO as well...

Good luck with your application!
Sweden

xebex

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Fernie, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
thanks sweden and baruderu and risingsun,

i'm currently trying not to have mini panic attacks wondering if i've forgotten anything or done things wrong or not added enough detail to the app.

this forum is so helpful to calm the nerves, and help me feel not alone, but then when something bad happens to someone else it's heart attack time!

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
xebex said:

i'm currently trying not to have mini panic attacks wondering if i've forgotten anything or done things wrong or not added enough detail to the app.

this forum is so helpful to calm the nerves, and help me feel not alone, but then when something bad happens to someone else it's heart attack time!
same as you here.Wonderinh if I missed something or may be there are so much proof that I did not enclosed ,Its now im seeing the receipts of my gift but wonder if I have to send yhem or on what they will approve.For me its not a good thing to send loads of things but its the quality of things but Im still stressing .Hopefully things goes well for everyone.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
xebex said:

that's a very normal reaction, especially if you have just sent it your application.... but it's a long way until you hear from the VO and get some news, so try and relax and not think about it for the next 2 months at least! :) trust yourself - you have a genuine relationship, you have enclosed all the information you have, and CIC will be able to assess that. Also - if there is something missing, or not clear, you will be given the opportunity to explain, send more documents etc. You won't get refused without being given the possibility to explain yourself (unless you don't fit in the criteria etc). If you have to submit more documents, it will delay a bit your application, but most of the times you "keep your place" in the queue system, so it doesn't delay too much.

But I agree - it's difficult to stay calm when reading about applications getting lost etc. fingers crossed it won't happen anymore in London VO!

Good luck,
Sweden

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
My Wife got an email from London VO requesting further information with a link to the form that needs filling. I do hope this is a start to her PR application being looked at!! Well its something! :D