+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
desi_4 said:
Hi folks, I am in a similar situation as some of the previous posters. I just went into 'in process' and am being asked for personal history since I was 18. I am wondering if I should mention the fact that I have been in Canada for the last 5 months visiting my husband while waiting for PR, or is there no need for that? The other option would be to say I am living in the UK currently (which is true since I am really just visiting Canada).

Thanks
you can mention it, and include proof of it, so it counts as "continuous relationship" and proofs of a genuine relationship, so they won't have to ask about it if they had doubts! :)
blueboom said:
My husband's passport has been with London a couple of days shy of a month. They already made a decision. Why do they need it for so long?

/rant
I think it's time to ask them if they are missing anything. Make up a reason ( you have a wedding coming in Canada where you'd really like your husband to attend and were wondering what is the tenttive timeline etc) and send them a CSE... nothing to loose!
Sweden

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
PickleMash said:
Sorry...I probably should have introduced myself since I'm new!

I'm currently being sponsored by my Canadian husband for PR. Our application was received 21 Feb 2013 and transferred to London 18 March 2013. I'm finishing up my PhD whilst I wait for PR, but my husband has had to go back to Canada to work. He managed to make some swaps with colleagues to come and visit me for a couple of weeks, but had to go back on Saturday :( So I was gonna get my head down and get some work done, but got the email requesting that I remember what dead end jobs I had when I was 18, so today turned into an immigration day!!

I'll have to get back down to the work tomorrow!

PMx
Oh wow! It's great they are already processing your application! There is all the January people who are still waiting.. You are lucky in that way! :) This also gives hope to us 2013 applicants as you are the first to be in process among us!! It sucks that they ask for all the additional stuff.. I've heard this happened to so many people! They should change it to "list your personal history since the year you turned 18" because at the end it seems like that is what they want anyways!!

PickleMash

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
03-06-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
Interview........
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
godisFin said:
Oh wow! It's great they are already processing your application! There is all the January people who are still waiting.. You are lucky in that way! :) This also gives hope to us 2013 applicants as you are the first to be in process among us!! It sucks that they ask for all the additional stuff.. I've heard this happened to so many people! They should change it to "list your personal history since the year you turned 18" because at the end it seems like that is what they want anyways!!
I'm trying to think of it that way!

You have pretty much the same timeline as me, so I'm sure they are looking at your file too...you probably just filled it out right the first time so they haven't had to contact you for more info!

PickleMash

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
03-06-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
Interview........
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
I should probably give you my dates so you can add them to the spreadsheet....

Received by Mississauga 21 Feb 13
Sponsorship Approved 18 March 13
Additional Info Req 3 June 2013

& we are married
PMx

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for all your help. I landed today and thanks to the advice on this thread, everything went well.
I still feel weird that the process is done now, especially since others including Scottishmaple and DGT should've gotten their DMs before me! I hope it's only a matter of days now until you get your DMs!!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
PickleMash said:
I should probably give you my dates so you can add them to the spreadsheet....

Received by Mississauga 21 Feb 13
Sponsorship Approved 18 March 13
Additional Info Req 3 June 2013

& we are married
PMx
You're added :) welcome to the thread and good luck for stage 2, but they've already opened your file that's good news!
I'm predicting a flurry of DM in the next 2 weeks... they're "secretly" working on a lot of files at the same time, and the DM will all arrive at the same time!
m_and_m said:
I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for all your help. I landed today and thanks to the advice on this thread, everything went well.
I still feel weird that the process is done now, especially since others including Scottishmaple and DGT should've gotten their DMs before me! I hope it's only a matter of days now until you get your DMs!!!
Welcome to Canada as a PR! :)
Sweden

OShea

Jun 4, 2013
Hi Everyone!
This forum has been super helpful throughout this process. My boyfriend (Canadian Citizen) and I (British) have been together for almost 8 years and have applied for the outland common-law sponsorship visa and both reside in the UK.
Here is our timeline so far:

7/2/13: Sent Application
14/2/13: Application received
26/2/13: AOR received
12/3/13: File Transferred

Have a bit of a situation and was hoping for some advice?
Basically, my boyfriend and I were going to wait out the process in the UK til we got COPR however, our landlord wants us to vacate our house at the end of August 2013 :( So I was wondering whether it would be better to go to Canada at the end of August and we wait out the rest of the process there? Whether I can do that I am unsure.

Just doesnt seem to make sense to leave our house at the end of August and then rent out another property for a minimum of 6 months.

Any advice or help would be really appreciated :)

sabrina907

May 29, 2013
Hey friends,

was just wondering idmf someone had detailed idea of what was the outcome for june 3rd meeting regarding strike? Has the london office resorted its services?

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
zardoz said:
Just to amuse everyone, here is the exact text of the request. I've obfuscated the date a little. The gramatical errors are in RED

"Schedule A - Personal History

Please be advised that we require you to complete you personal history going back to when you was 18, currently on file you have only gone back to Month 19xx."

Do CHC agents need to pass IELTS?
Seems like some British "chav" wrote that.

PickleMash

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
03-06-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
Interview........
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
Just logged out of eCAS and they are doing a questionnaire on the service...not sure how much attention they will pay to the answers, but they did ask if it would be useful to have email alerts for change of status. Other than that, all the questions were about the functionality of the website, rather than the information, or lack there of, that it provides!

I just checked the Royal Mail tracking and the info I sent yesterday arrived this morning, so I'm off to enjoy the sunshine...rare occurrence for Scotland!

Have a good day everyone xx

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
Just sent a case specific enquiry to London, to see if they've received our additional documents via mail. Their little auto-blurb:

"Your enquiry has been sent to the visa office processing your application. You should receive a reply within 28 working days (by email, regular mail or fax)."

How is 28 days helpful?! God this process is sucking every little iota of pleasantness out of me.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
OShea said:
Hi Everyone!
This forum has been super helpful throughout this process. My boyfriend (Canadian Citizen) and I (British) have been together for almost 8 years and have applied for the outland common-law sponsorship visa and both reside in the UK.
Here is our timeline so far:

7/2/13: Sent Application
14/2/13: Application received
26/2/13: AOR received
12/3/13: File Transferred

Have a bit of a situation and was hoping for some advice?
Basically, my boyfriend and I were going to wait out the process in the UK til we got COPR however, our landlord wants us to vacate our house at the end of August 2013 :( So I was wondering whether it would be better to go to Canada at the end of August and we wait out the rest of the process there? Whether I can do that I am unsure.

Just doesnt seem to make sense to leave our house at the end of August and then rent out another property for a minimum of 6 months.

Any advice or help would be really appreciated :)
Hello and welcome!

The simple answer here is yes! There's no real issue with you going over in August if your COPR is done. All it means is that once you get there, tell CIC that your mailing address has changed and then once your COPR has arrived border hop to the US to officially "Land".

I think most people here have actually waited out some stage in Canada!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
katelynlc said:
Just sent a case specific enquiry to London, to see if they've received our additional documents via mail. Their little auto-blurb:

"Your enquiry has been sent to the visa office processing your application. You should receive a reply within 28 working days (by email, regular mail or fax)."

How is 28 days helpful?! God this process is sucking every little iota of pleasantness out of me.
You and us, both... I used to be really chilled before all of this. Now my blood pressure is up and I am turning into a grumpy old man...

<rant> When we did this in reverse, so that my Canadian wife could come to join me in the UK, it was efficient, pleasant and FAST. The British High Commission in Ottawa actually phoned her in Toronto to conduct an interview, rather than make her travel to see them. From start to finish, it took no more than 6 weeks to get her UK Spousal Sponsorship approved and the Entry Clearance vignette installed in her passport. She landed only two months after we were married. Chalk and cheese... </rant>

OShea

Jun 4, 2013
DGT said:
Hello and welcome!

The simple answer here is yes! There's no real issue with you going over in August if your COPR is done. All it means is that once you get there, tell CIC that your mailing address has changed and then once your COPR has arrived border hop to the US to officially "Land".

I think most people here have actually waited out some stage in Canada!
Thank you for your reply :)

I was not sure if I could or not. Phew! Can breathe a bit now... Just seemed pointless for us to get a new contract with a new house in August and them be leaving once I get COPR. Would I tell them at customs that I am waiting out for my COPR or just pretend im visiting for a few months? haha sorry for the questions but those immigration officers can be a tad intimidating!