+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
scottishmaple said:
So this is where there Ecas updater is based?! or someone is fibbing!!!....lol
ECAS is like fight club. 1st rule of ECAS: We don't talk about. ECAS 2nd rule of ECAS: We don't talk about ECAS. 3rd rule of ECAS: We don't talk about ECAS.

Nobody seems to know where it is updated from but certainly an interesting point and 1 I would love to know more about, perhaps that would help me to stop checking so often.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
R151NG5UN said:
ECAS is like fight club. 1st rule of ECAS: We don't talk about. ECAS 2nd rule of ECAS: We don't talk about ECAS. 3rd rule of ECAS: We don't talk about ECAS.
;D This made me LOL

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
I'm full of questions today !! what does it mean when someone has been scored out?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
FuzzyFace said:
Well I checked this morning as I have done every day for the last month and to my utter amazement we have 'Decision Made'!

It says the following:

We received XXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on May 23, 2012.

We started processing XXXXXXX's application on November 12, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XXXXXXX's application. The office will contact XXXXXXX concerning this decision.

Can't actually believe it, we were starting to lose faith in the whole system. Just hoping this means the COPR is in the post.

Hopefully a few more people will get news this week too, it's definitely worth the wait!
Congrats!~ that's great to hear! Hope plenty more people hear from ecas today!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
BBG83 said:
A little update from myself (Sponsor) and my husband (Applicant):

Nov. 7: My husband received an email request for an additional document (IMM5406-- not sure how we missed that one!) He mailed it Nov 8 and it was delivered Nov 9.
Nov. 15: eCAS finally changed! It now says "In Process" and states that they started processing his application on Nov 12!

Not long now I hope! I head to the UK for Christmas on Dec 14. Would be nice to celebrate COPR while I'm there, then he moves to Canada in Feb 2013 (With or without PR-- we have a vacay to Banff booked to celebrate the end of long distance!)
it seems that you are getting closer indeed! hope that you get some good news soon - and it should be all good for february next year!
Good luck on the last waiting part!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
s2gordon said:
Hi everyone!!

I received my copr in the mail today!!! I ran like a crazy lady to the door when the doorbell rang lol! I knew it had to be what I have been waiting for for so long now! Thank you all for all your help!!! All I have to do is cross the border now!!! :):):) so happy!! And good luck to everyone still waiting!!! :):)
Congrats! it gives me hope to get mine soon.... I had "decision made" a day after you, so hopefully tomorrow (most likely monday though, I live in BC!!) I will get mine! good luck with flagpoling - can't wait to do that! :)
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
Where about in Canada is 8 hours behind the UK? It says on the CIC website that it was updated on the 14th November...but I checked at 7.30 am this morning UK and it hadnt changed...
BC for sure... but I am not sure that there is only one location doing the ecas updates, as my address change was done at midnight (BC time, so 8 morning UK time), then decision made 12 hours later (midday BC Time, 8 evening time for UK) - I don't believe that they have people working around the clock!! :)

Ah - the mystery of ecas....
R151NG5UN said:

Nobody seems to know where it is updated from but certainly an interesting point and 1 I would love to know more about, perhaps that would help me to stop checking so often.
:) made me laugh!

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
A BIG congratulations to everyone who has heard good news recently, very happy for all of you :)

I am wondering if anyone from the London visa office has ever been asked to do a re-medical, because it had expired?
I am not sure if this rule still applies. When I had come to Canada (12 years ago) I had to land before my medical expired.
So I am not sure if that rule still applies, if it does then my husband's medical expires in March so should we expect them to ask us for a re-medical?
If anyone has any sort of information please do share :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
chopsticks said:
A BIG congratulations to everyone who has heard good news recently, very happy for all of you :)

I am wondering if anyone from the London visa office has ever been asked to do a re-medical, because it had expired?
I am not sure if this rule still applies. When I had come to Canada (12 years ago) I had to land before my medical expired.
So I am not sure if that rule still applies, if it does then my husband's medical expires in March so should we expect them to ask us for a re-medical?
Hey chopsticks,

the rule still applies, with an amendment from December 2011.
Basic rule is that you have to land within a year of your medicals. If your visa is not ready by then, the VO has 2 choices: either ask you to re-do a medical, or extend the medicals. BUT - that's only possible if the expiration of the medicals is the only thing preventing you the VO to issue your visa, and the medical has to be less than 15 months old.
For your case - if in March your visa is ready to issue, but your medicals are about to expire, then London VO will ask for an extension ( you don't have to do anything, they decide). If your visa is not ready to issue soon, then they will ask you for another medicals ( you will received the request from the VO).
Good luck,
Sweden

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
chopsticks said:

Hey Chopsticks,

This year is different to previous years in that the VO can now request a medical extension if the medical was carried out in the last 15 months (Currently August 15th 2011) if that is the only thing that is holding up issuance of the Visa. If they decide medical can be extended then it is at their discretion how long to extend it for, I have heard a lot of people get issued a further 12 months.

Obviously if PCC's have expired or any other mitigating factors means that issuance of extension of medical is not possible then the point is moot. I don't believe that anybody going through London VO has had an extension or that 1 has been requested definitively. As far as I am aware, I am the only person whose initial medical is older than 12 months (I might be wrong) so therefore I am hoping that extension has been requested for my file. I have received no request for any additional documents and because my application certainly seems to be long in processing without request for any paperwork so that may account for why I have heard no news so far.

In regards to being asked to do a re-medical then I would not expect to hear anything within the first 15 months of initial medical being carried out, therefore for your husband, he would likely not hear before June 2013 if he needed a re-medical. I think given those timelines I think it is fairly safe to assume that he will not require a re-medical or an extension. If your husband is a Pakistani citizen then that maybe an exceptional circumstance as unfortunately Pakistani citizen's do seem to take a long time from application received to visa issuance

Good luck :D

Here is the operational bulletin summarising the points. EFFECTIVE June 01 2012

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Thank you Sweden and R151NG5UN, both the posts really helped :D
Well I hope we are not requested for another medical.
I did try stalking a few posts of applicants that were Pakistani and going through the London office, I didn't really find anyone who was asked to do their medical again.

Thanks,
Good luck to the both of you! :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sweden said:
For healthcare - indeed it seems that Alberta and BC are actually willing to give health coverage before the 3 months, but for BC I'm still trying to figure it out! for OHIP it doesn't seem to be the case though...
Good luck!
Sweden
Hey Sweden

For BC, if your partner's MSP (Medical Services Plan) coverage is still current, they can go to the website and fill out the "MSP Account Change" form, adding you as their spouse (applies to common-law as well). This will give you coverage as soon as it is processed, no 3 month waiting period :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
Hey Sweden

For BC, if your partner's MSP (Medical Services Plan) coverage is still current, they can go to the website and fill out the "MSP Account Change" form, adding you as their spouse (applies to common-law as well). This will give you coverage as soon as it is processed, no 3 month waiting period :)
Thanks! :) that's great information... I have been given very contradictory information by MSP services, so I'll try that!
Sweden

Desi PK

Nov 15, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2012
Doc's Request.
May 2013
File Transfer...
November 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
8 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
25th June 2013
Hello All,

All of the comments are really helpful. Just wanted to know how much time London VO is taking in the cases of Pakistani applicants. If anyone has an idea?

Thanks,

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Desi PK said:
Hello All,

All of the comments are really helpful. Just wanted to know how much time London VO is taking in the cases of Pakistani applicants. If anyone has an idea?

Thanks,
Hey Desi,

welcome to the thread! It's difficult to know how long exactly things can take as it also depends a lot on each case... if you look at the spreadsheet (you can find the link in my signature), you can see that Fhaider, who is also from Pakistan but going through London VO, has started the process in January, got transferred to London in March, and has recently gotten a passport request. It might give you an idea. THere are other applicants that are not from EU countries, you can see with the spreadsheet, it is indicated in the last column, but I am not sure who is from where. There is a second link, where people share more individual experiences http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-non-uk-applications-t67595.60.html.

However, most people still waiting are within more or less the "normal" waiting time according to london schedule, so I am not sure anybody can tell you much about how long you will have to wait.
Good luck,
Sweden