+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Desi PK

Nov 15, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2012
Doc's Request.
May 2013
File Transfer...
November 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
8 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
25th June 2013
Thanks Sweden! I am sure this information will be helpful : )

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
;D Whoever added me to the London spreadsheet, thank you so much! You even caught that my spouse is not visa exempt! I was debating whether or not I wanted to add myself and potentially screw it up (though I'm someone comfortable with spreadsheets, hahaha) because I still can't figure out the reasoning behind the colours of the App sent and App rec'd columns.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
blueboom said:
;D Whoever added me to the London spreadsheet, thank you so much! You even caught that my spouse is not visa exempt! I was debating whether or not I wanted to add myself and potentially screw it up (though I'm someone comfortable with spreadsheets, hahaha) because I still can't figure out the reasoning behind the colours of the App sent and App rec'd columns.
Hey Blueboom,

the colors are a little confusing at first, I agree! they represent the month that your application was received in CIC.
If CIC was consistent in the way they approve sponsors, the colors would show as a block for each month.... but since this spreadsheet is to see how much time London is taking to approve, applicants are classified based on the day they receive sponsor approval...

In your case: since you are from September, I have added you in the "grey category". You can see that october is green - but some are before you on the spreadsheet, because they got their approval before you (some are after you too!)....the spreadsheet is a good representation of the way CIC works - not very chronological and very confusing! :)

Hope it clarifies - otherwise just ask! now feel free to add information, once you are on the spreadsheet it's quite easy...
Good luck for the PR process,
Sweden

FuzzyFace

Nov 5, 2012
Thanks for all the congratulations everyone, really hope more people get their updates on ECAS soon. My sympathies to everyone who is still waiting, but keep the faith, it felt like it would never happen for us and the waiting was torture but it was worth it!

Does anyone know whether 'Decision Made' ever means they've rejected the application or are we fairly safe to assume it's good news?

I can't see any reason why we should be rejected, ours is a simple case and they didn't ask for any more information or an interview. Just slightly nervous until we get the COPR in our hands!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Whoever edited the spreadsheet and said I was non-visa exempt, could you please remove it. I was born in England, lived all my life here. I am pretty sure I am as visa exempt as it gets for anybody going through the London Visa office.

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
Hi Everyone - I thought I would stop lurking in the shadows and join the community.

We have just sent our application off yesterday, having used this thread as a valuable reference tool (rather than paying someone £1200 to fill in the forms for us!)

We're a recently married couple (M, UK & F, Canada) who are heading to Toronto next year all being well! I found the process pretty straightforward but for a few questions (have you applied for a Quebec so-and-so certificate? yes or no.... but no option for N/A so left it blank) and think that the process should be relatively hurdle free because of the simple history we have.

My only concern is proving the intention to move to Canada as we haven't signed a lease, or gotten jobs as we don't know when we'll be moving. I have a quasi-job offer from a Canadian company and we are in the process of selling our house here but both of those pieces of correspondence are in my name (the applicant) whereas my wife (the sponsor) has little to show intention other than emails from family etc asking when she'll be home!

We have lived in London for the past 6 years so have gone through 3 rounds of UK visas for my (now) wife including 'unmarried partner visa' at the time which was a lot of work given the evidence required, so we are well versed in Government form filling!

Will keep you posted as we go; you all seem like a great bunch!

Ross

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
R151NG5UN said:
Whoever edited the spreadsheet and said I was non-visa exempt, could you please remove it. I was born in England, lived all my life here. I am pretty sure I am as visa exempt as it gets for anybody going through the London Visa office.
Not sure who is editing...have added mine for the third time - has been deleted the two other occasions I added it!! Just thought the more detail we have to go off the better. However, if I should have requested the add from anybody in particular, apologies, fairly new around here :)

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
claire_09 said:
Not sure who is editing...have added mine for the third time - has been deleted the two other occasions I added it!! Just thought the more detail we have to go off the better. However, if I should have requested the add from anybody in particular, apologies, fairly new around here :)
Hey Claire,

It is an open spreadsheet, for all to add details about themselves or to fill in things for people who require help with it. Once you first apply, once 1st stage is completed then somebody will usually lift your application so that it is in date order of when the Visa office received the file. Usually the reason for it being in Visa office received date as oppose to application date is, generally it does seem that the VO in London seems to process in order of when they received the file. (This is not definitive and some VO's do process in order of initial application).

Sorry you have been deleted twice, it sucks when somebody edits your data or even worse in your case deletes you entirely. This spreadsheet is all we have to look at where London office may or may not be in relation to 2nd stage processing, so it is important it's accurate, up to date and nobody is deleted. You are fine to add your own details, because it is an ongoing thread and never stops it is hard to have only 1 administrator for the spreadsheet.

Wishing you a speedy process and good luck :D

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Claire,

It is an open spreadsheet, for all to add details about themselves or to fill in things for people who require help with it. Once you first apply, once 1st stage is completed then somebody will usually lift your application so that it is in date order of when the Visa office received the file. Usually the reason for it being in Visa office received date as oppose to application date is, generally it does seem that the VO in London seems to process in order of when they received the file. (This is not definitive and some VO's do process in order of initial application).

Sorry you have been deleted twice, it sucks when somebody edits your data or even worse in your case deletes you entirely. This spreadsheet is all we have to look at where London office may or may not be in relation to 2nd stage processing, so it is important it's accurate, up to date and nobody is deleted. You are fine to add your own details, because it is an ongoing thread and never stops it is hard to have only 1 administrator for the spreadsheet.

Wishing you a speedy process and good luck :D
Thanks....fingers crossed I'll survive this time ;D this forum has been invaluable to me throughout the form filling, evidence gathering and stage 1. Sometimes just being able to know its 'normal' to check e-cas (for whats its worth) a gazillion times a day helps you stay a little sane hahahaha!!

Looks like you are nearing the end of the road - fingers (and toes) crossed you'll be next :)

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
Hello, we have landed in Vancouver yesterday...no problems at immigration! My wife now has to wait her COPR here and just need to cross the border and re-enter to get her PR. Just have to wait for CIC to get a move on.....so nice to be home!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Herjeet said:
Hello, we have landed in Vancouver yesterday...no problems at immigration! My wife now has to wait her COPR here and just need to cross the border and re-enter to get her PR. Just have to wait for CIC to get a move on.....so nice to be home!
yes! glad to hear it went well, and welcome to BC.... (or - welcome back!) I hope that you can go out for Sushi very soon! :) Hope CIC gives you some good news soon - then your wife and I can go "landing at the border" together! :) well I'm in Victoria, but Vancouver trip is always a possibility!
Good luck with jetlag etc...
Sweden

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Booo I'm still waiting for my COPR. I'm rather annoyed too as another parcel needing a signature was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday and the mailman didn't even bother to come to the house and try the doorbell, they just put the collection slip in our mailbox (one of those community mailboxes). So lazy. So I know when my COPR eventually arrives, the mailman won't even bother attempting delivery to the house and I'll have to wait an extra day until it is ready for collection at the post office. Annoying. My husband actually works for Canada Post and he feels it is pretty shady. I might file a complaint, but I'll wait until after I have my COPR.

Anyway, this is just me whining. In other news, I'm going to see Bob Dylan tonight, my first ever concert in my new country, so that is exciting.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Deficient said:
Booo I'm still waiting for my COPR. I'm rather annoyed too as another parcel needing a signature was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday and the mailman didn't even bother to come to the house and try the doorbell, they just put the collection slip in our mailbox (one of those community mailboxes). So lazy. So I know when my COPR eventually arrives, the mailman won't even bother attempting delivery to the house and I'll have to wait an extra day until it is ready for collection at the post office. Annoying. My husband actually works for Canada Post and he feels it is pretty shady. I might file a complaint, but I'll wait until after I have my COPR.

Anyway, this is just me whining. In other news, I'm going to see Bob Dylan tonight, my first ever concert in my new country, so that is exciting.
Enjoy the concert! I'm still waiting for my COPR too... hopefully next week! but well - now that I know that the decision has been taken I find it easier to wait of course... also I started applying for jobs, because I figured that by the time I get an answer, I will have my COPR + landed - fingers crossed! :)
Sweden

xebex

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Fernie, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
The good news! We received our AOR today!

The bad news! We also recieved an email saying we'd missed a form out on our sponsorship package. My husband then in his panic, printed off an old version of the form and sent it to them. We now need to send the newer version to them on Monday! It's already a mess and we are only 23 days in!

We are so gutted and angry with ourselves :mad:

Has this sort to of thing happened to anyone before? And what kind of delay did it put on your sponsorship being approved?

thanks

Rebecca

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
xebex said:
The good news! We received our AOR today!

The bad news! We also recieved an email saying we'd missed a form out on our sponsorship package. My husband then in his panic, printed off an old version of the form and sent it to them. We now need to send the newer version to them on Monday! It's already a mess and we are only 23 days in!

We are so gutted and angry with ourselves :mad:

Has this sort to of thing happened to anyone before? And what kind of delay did it put on your sponsorship being approved?

thanks

Rebecca
Hey Rebecca,

congrats for the AOR, too bad for the missing document, but it shouldn't be too bad... do you have the name of an officer to send it back to, or any other indication ? From the look of things, you shouldn't go back in the queue, as they didn't send the whole application package back, but instead asked for the missing form.

If you have a specific officer to send it back to, it might delay for a week or ten days - difficult to know... but it should not be "too bad", it happens... and stage 1 is still "reasonable" compared to the first 6 to 8 months of 2012. So - you should still be able to get in the waiting list here in London! :) maybe your file is almost ready for sponsor approval, and it will be done as soon as they receive the form... difficult to know.

On the positive side: your file is open, and apart from the missing form, they don't seem to be missing information to take a decision on your case, so keep positive, and good luck with the process!
Sweden