+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
ldjames said:
This may not be entirely correct but from what I've seen other people say and what I can see for myself:

Sponsor UCI- relates to stage 1- so mine says decision made- and no updates expected after that.

Applicant UCI/File Number/ Receipt Number- All bring up the same info and this relates to stage 2 process- changes only expected to occur on this one.

I know the VO prefers contact to be made using their file number rather than UCI but otherwise I don't see any difference in the info.
Thanks ldjames.

I'm just wondering if they all change at the same time. I actually find that my UCI number (as the sponsor) has the most info as it tells me about the sponsorship approval and the permanent residency application also. I just get tired of logging into ECAS 3 different times lol. Someone on british expats said he doesn't know how well ECAS tracker works either because he got PR approval in august and only just got notified yesterday via ECAS tracker that there had been a change! I'm now back to constantly checking ECAS myself......sigh!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Hey Lauren,

Yeah I certainly would not put much faith in the ECAS tracker, I haven't heard of 1 person recently finding out status update through this before ECAS or E-mail/snail mail. I purely use it as a tool when I am away from the P.C and have my E-mail open or when I first check my PC in the morning, other than that I don't hold out too much hope that the ECAS tracker will notify me before I know through some other form of communication.

Hoping London speeds through these COPR's sooner rather than later but once Tuesday passes there is little updates, I know there are some but Tuesday's definitely seem to be the day where most action happens. I do have a strong suspicion that the VO concentrates on 1 type of visa per week i.e 1st week of month (Family class), 2nd week of month (TRP's) 3rd week of month (student visas) and then back to family class the week after. This would explain why it goes quiet for weeks at a time. Also expect student and TRP's to occupy the VO's time as Xmas approaches.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
johare12 said:
I'd love to know this too as I'm doing the exact same thing and feeling like a crazy person! (more so!)
I'm getting to the point, where I'm not even bothering anymore....it just says the same thing EVERYDAY

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Lauren,

Yeah I certainly would not put much faith in the ECAS tracker, I haven't heard of 1 person recently finding out status update through this before ECAS or E-mail/snail mail. I purely use it as a tool when I am away from the P.C and have my E-mail open or when I first check my PC in the morning, other than that I don't hold out too much hope that the ECAS tracker will notify me before I know through some other form of communication.

Hoping London speeds through these COPR's sooner rather than later but once Tuesday passes there is little updates, I know there are some but Tuesday's definitely seem to be the day where most action happens. I do have a strong suspicion that the VO concentrates on 1 type of visa per week i.e 1st week of month (Family class), 2nd week of month (TRP's) 3rd week of month (student visas) and then back to family class the week after. This would explain why it goes quiet for weeks at a time. Also expect student and TRP's to occupy the VO's time as Xmas approaches.

Yeah i know exactly what you mean, its so hard not to check it sooo many times when i'm sitting here on a computer at work all day.

That actually makes a lot of sense what you said about the one type of visa per week, hopefully its not the case but would definitely explain the pattern we're seeing! I think i need to just step away from this whole thing for a few days, stop me going insane! :(

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
scottishmaple said:
I'm getting to the point, where I'm not even bothering anymore....it just says the same thing EVERYDAY
Yeah after 6 months I think I'm becoming unhinged haha, I thought being able to track progress on ECAS would be good and I would feel better than I did before we had a file number, but its not been useful at all and is probably just making things worse for me!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
johare12 said:
Yeah after 6 months I think I'm becoming unhinged haha, I thought being able to track progress on ECAS would be good and I would feel better than I did before we had a file number, but its not been useful at all and is probably just making things worse for me!
I agree - was the same for me. If ecas actually provided real information about what is going on, then it would be worth checking... but as it is, it gives any applicant the illusion that they can get information, when really - they can't! it's not updated at VO level (or so I have learnt!), so not seeing anything doesn't mean that they are not doing anything - or that they are doing something...I was also checking so many times a day ( difficult to stay away when I'm spending time in front of the computer anyway, and have "nothing else" to do.... ), and getting really stressed and worked up about it.
When I finally got "decision made", it stated that they started processing my application on the 5th of November, and decision made on the 8th. But ecas only changed on the 8th....

I had given myself a rule - only check twice a day: once in the morning (getting up..) and once in the evening (before going to bed). Not more - otherwise there is no reason not to check 10/20/more times a day.... and it just get obsessive and crazy! Checking twice a day helped a little, and I could go on about my day without needing to be close to a computer all the time.

also - I would advise to give yourself a "reasonable expectation" - it seems like London (according to the spreadsheet) is working mostly on sponsors that have been approved in July. So if you have been approved in August, September etc - just assume that you won't hear from CIC for another month. It's stressful enough as it is...

Of course - one may argue that it's easy for me to say so, now that I got my PR approved ( or so I hope!). I got really impatient the week before it got approved, because I could see many people after me... and London was not answering to my CSE... I'm just trying to share what worked ( at least a little!) for me! :)

Good luck,
Sweden

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Sweden said:
I agree - was the same for me. If ecas actually provided real information about what is going on, then it would be worth checking... but as it is, it gives any applicant the illusion that they can get information, when really - they can't! it's not updated at VO level (or so I have learnt!), so not seeing anything doesn't mean that they are not doing anything - or that they are doing something...I was also checking so many times a day ( difficult to stay away when I'm spending time in front of the computer anyway, and have "nothing else" to do.... ), and getting really stressed and worked up about it.
When I finally got "decision made", it stated that they started processing my application on the 5th of November, and decision made on the 8th. But ecas only changed on the 8th....

I had given myself a rule - only check twice a day: once in the morning (getting up..) and once in the evening (before going to bed). Not more - otherwise there is no reason not to check 10/20/more times a day.... and it just get obsessive and crazy! Checking twice a day helped a little, and I could go on about my day without needing to be close to a computer all the time.

also - I would advise to give yourself a "reasonable expectation" - it seems like London (according to the spreadsheet) is working mostly on sponsors that have been approved in July. So if you have been approved in August, September etc - just assume that you won't hear from CIC for another month. It's stressful enough as it is...

Of course - one may argue that it's easy for me to say so, now that I got my PR approved ( or so I hope!). I got really impatient the week before it got approved, because I could see many people after me... and London was not answering to my CSE... I'm just trying to share what worked ( at least a little!) for me! :)

Good luck,
Sweden
yes seeing people with later dates getting approved is torturous as before at least you can tell yourself not to expect anything for another month or so but when people after you have theirs you get a false sense of hope. I had this with my sponsor approval stage too, being a mid may applicant. late may and early June were all done and we were still waiting and I think I actually lost it for a while haha!

I hope my patience is never tested like this again, at least we all come out stronger!
Has your COPR not arrived yet?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
johare12 said:
yes seeing people with later dates getting approved is torturous as before at least you can tell yourself not to expect anything for another month or so but when people after you have theirs you get a false sense of hope. I had this with my sponsor approval stage too, being a mid may applicant. late may and early June were all done and we were still waiting and I think I actually lost it for a while haha!

I hope my patience is never tested like this again, at least we all come out stronger!
Has your COPR not arrived yet?
I know the feeling - was the same for me. But eventually it will end... hopefully soon.
My COPR has not arrived yet, but it's not even a week wince the Decision Made appeared on ecas, so I can't really complain! Just waiting patiently and making lists of things I will do once I land... preparing myself, knowing where to go, what to do etc !
Good luck,
Sweden

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Sweden said:
I know the feeling - was the same for me. But eventually it will end... hopefully soon.
My COPR has not arrived yet, but it's not even a week wince the Decision Made appeared on ecas, so I can't really complain! Just waiting patiently and making lists of things I will do once I land... preparing myself, knowing where to go, what to do etc !
Good luck,
Sweden
Great must be exciting! you are in Canada already right? so you will just need to go to a port of entry?
If I get mines before going back home for christmas I need to decide whether to "land" at the falls before going home or just waiting until we return in January and "land" at the airport.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
johare12 said:
Great must be exciting! you are in Canada already right? so you will just need to go to a port of entry?
If I get mines before going back home for christmas I need to decide whether to "land" at the falls before going home or just waiting until we return in January and "land" at the airport.
I am! in Victoria - where I actually need to go out of Canada, there is no possibility of "walking over the border" to land... being on an island is a bit specific apparently... so I'll get on a ferry to the US, stay there for 2 h, board again, and land when returning back to Canada! can't wait...

I would advise to land as soon as possible - because you need to wait for 3 months before getting health care, so you might as well land, exit the country and come back a little later and reduce the time where you are not covered - same for the PR card, which takes about 2 months, the SIN card ( although you can get a SIN on the spot - 15min more or less - at any "Service Canada" office) - but it takes a while to get the card etc...

Unless you're really far from a port of entry and it requires quite a lot of logistics (or you get the PR just before leaving)...

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Hey guys,

Not sure about all provinces and I know they differ somewhat but Alberta you are immediately covered for health care under your spouses coverage. I know some you don't have any for the first 3 months but Alberta seems to pop up regularly as 1 of the provinces who issues healthcare immediately as long as you have COPR and are not waiting out the immigration process inside Canada. :D

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Sweden said:
I am! in Victoria - where I actually need to go out of Canada, there is no possibility of "walking over the border" to land... being on an island is a bit specific apparently... so I'll get on a ferry to the US, stay there for 2 h, board again, and land when returning back to Canada! can't wait...

I would advise to land as soon as possible - because you need to wait for 3 months before getting health care, so you might as well land, exit the country and come back a little later and reduce the time where you are not covered - same for the PR card, which takes about 2 months, the SIN card ( although you can get a SIN on the spot - 15min more or less - at any "Service Canada" office) - but it takes a while to get the card etc...

Unless you're really far from a port of entry and it requires quite a lot of logistics (or you get the PR just before leaving)...
at least you have it organised and know what to do!

yeah those were my thoughts exactly, to give myself a whole extra month or so for the OHIP to kick in, but do you know what the rules are with traveling so soon after landing. I know the PR card can take a while to come in so can I travel out and back into canada without it? will my passport and papers be enough?
and what about the landing form the B4 is it? will that not be necessary if I come back already as a PR? :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
johare12 said:
at least you have it organised and know what to do!

yeah those were my thoughts exactly, to give myself a whole extra month or so for the OHIP to kick in, but do you know what the rules are with traveling so soon after landing. I know the PR card can take a while to come in so can I travel out and back into canada without it? will my passport and papers be enough?
and what about the landing form the B4 is it? will that not be necessary if I come back already as a PR? :)
From what I understand, you can leave the day after landing, it doesn't matter. Quite a few people do, to be able to land, go home to tie up loose ends, and then move to Canada. I imagine that if the PR card is not there when you return ( so you don't have it with you) the fact that you are visa exempt would allow you to go back to Canada without trouble... but I haven't tried. I know that for people that are non-visa-exempt they have to apply for a travel document to the nearest embassy, but I don't think it applies to you...

For the B4 - you need to do that when you land. So if you have goods with you then you should include them. If you are expecting a shipment from outside of Canada, you fill it out as "goods to follow", it gets stamped when you land, and you take that with you when you clear customs for your shipment ( when it arrives in Canada, it's held in warehouse until you go to CBSA, clear customs, they give you a form to fax to the warehouse, and then they release whatever you import in the country). After that - as a PR of Canada you are submitted to the same rules as a citizen (see here http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5056-eng.html) about what you can take into the country and what you can't...

For healthcare - indeed it seems that Alberta and BC are actually willing to give health coverage before the 3 months, but for BC I'm still trying to figure it out! for OHIP it doesn't seem to be the case though...
Good luck!
Sweden

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Sweden said:
From what I understand, you can leave the day after landing, it doesn't matter. Quite a few people do, to be able to land, go home to tie up loose ends, and then move to Canada. I imagine that if the PR card is not there when you return ( so you don't have it with you) the fact that you are visa exempt would allow you to go back to Canada without trouble... but I haven't tried. I know that for people that are non-visa-exempt they have to apply for a travel document to the nearest embassy, but I don't think it applies to you...

For the B4 - you need to do that when you land. So if you have goods with you then you should include them. If you are expecting a shipment from outside of Canada, you fill it out as "goods to follow", it gets stamped when you land, and you take that with you when you clear customs for your shipment ( when it arrives in Canada, it's held in warehouse until you go to CBSA, clear customs, they give you a form to fax to the warehouse, and then they release whatever you import in the country). After that - as a PR of Canada you are submitted to the same rules as a citizen (see here http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5056-eng.html) about what you can take into the country and what you can't...

For healthcare - indeed it seems that Alberta and BC are actually willing to give health coverage before the 3 months, but for BC I'm still trying to figure it out! for OHIP it doesn't seem to be the case though...
Good luck!
Sweden
Thats not so bad then, I was worried about if I was allowed to re-enter canada without my PR card, but it makes sense that being from visa exempt it will be okay.

I am not bringing much stuff, nothing will be being shipped and I will have two 23kilo suitcases just with clothes in them really in January. So I won't need to declare anything at the border if I land at the Falls?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
johare12 said:
Thats not so bad then, I was worried about if I was allowed to re-enter canada without my PR card, but it makes sense that being from visa exempt it will be okay.

I am not bringing much stuff, nothing will be being shipped and I will have two 23kilo suitcases just with clothes in them really in January. So I won't need to declare anything at the border if I land at the Falls?
Probably not - I didn't declare anything either... I came in with 2 suitcases of 23kg, as a tourist.
We shipped a few things but they were cleared under my partner's name as a "returning canadian" - so when I land ( hopefully next week!) then I won't have a B4 with me as I have nothing to declare... I imagine it will be the same for you