+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
nmford said:
I googled XXXXX police certificate (XXXXX being the country name) and found the right forms that way.
There is also a list on CIC website with details for each country, when available... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp their list and recommendation is pretty accurate most of the time (had to provide 7 different police certificates, so I can understand how painful it is!)
Good luck,
Sweden

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
nmford said:
I googled XXXXX police certificate (XXXXX being the country name) and found the right forms that way.
Oh ok I thought there was a standard application you sent.
thanks though :)

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Sweden said:
There is also a list on CIC website with details for each country, when available... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp their list and recommendation is pretty accurate most of the time (had to provide 7 different police certificates, so I can understand how painful it is!)
Good luck,
Sweden
Thank you Sweden, we are following that link from CIC as well :)

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Laurenhannah said:
Toronto is a great place to be, and if you look in the right areas its definitely affordable :) If you need any advice on neighbourhoods etc just let me know :)

I think padmapper is my new fav too! lol have fun
Thanks, as soon as I get my COPR I will start applying for jobs and if I get one in Toronto we will definitely think about moving into the city :)

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
scottishmaple said:
Has 'sem' received COPR? There cells/line is red but there is no information....
Yes Sem has received COPR. I have a really old print out and the last bit of his info should read 80 days Sponsor approval-COPR and 168 days total process.

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
Laurenhannah said:
I am the queen of apartment searching in Toronto haha.

My favs are:

Kijiji
viewit.ca - really good
padmapper - a new website which is good as it takes ad's from every website and lists them here on a map. At the bottom of the page it says more filters, and u can choose to display places only with pics.
urbanrenters - quite good, but seemed to have slowed down a lot on their listings lately.

If you are looking for condo's in particular, MLS.ca is sometimes worth a try, but not always that great.

Good Luck!
Thanks!! Just dl padmapper app...awesome!!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
R151NG5UN said:
Yes Sem has received COPR. I have a really old print out and the last bit of his info should read 80 days Sponsor approval-COPR and 168 days total process.
Thanks! Just curious, not that it would make much difference to the average...lol

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
COPR arrived 5th Dec & will do landing on 8th Dec.
I don't know if this will be helpful for anyone else to know, but I thought I would post my update just incase it helps anyone else. As I mentioned before my status on ecas states "application received" and hasn't changed since April 27th and I know that some other people have also had no update on ecas. So I decided to take a chance and call the Mississauga call centre today and spoke to a really nice guy who took a good ten minutes to look in to our file. I explained that ecas hadn't provided an update and that for peace of mind I was hoping that he could tell me if London had received our application. Although I had read that Mississauga can't provide details or updates for individual visa offices, he was in fact able to tell me that London have created their own file for our application, and he gave us that reference number. This may be old news to some of you, but for anyone else who just wants confirmation that London has received your application then knowing that a file number exists is a good start, and apparently in order for London to respond to query emails they prefer to search by their own reference number. The guy from the call centre is going to email me some additional contact information for London which may or may not help (I will check emails shortly and see if there is anything useful). He also said that they are in the process of sending London the last of the September applications and are getting through October pretty quickly... fingers crossed London picks up the pace too!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Canuckwannabe said:
I don't know if this will be helpful for anyone else to know, but I thought I would post my update just incase it helps anyone else. As I mentioned before my status on ecas states "application received" and hasn't changed since April 27th and I know that some other people have also had no update on ecas. So I decided to take a chance and call the Mississauga call centre today and spoke to a really nice guy who took a good ten minutes to look in to our file. I explained that ecas hadn't provided an update and that for peace of mind I was hoping that he could tell me if London had received our application. Although I had read that Mississauga can't provide details or updates for individual visa offices, he was in fact able to tell me that London have created their own file for our application, and he gave us that reference number. This may be old news to some of you, but for anyone else who just wants confirmation that London has received your application then knowing that a file number exists is a good start, and apparently in order for London to respond to query emails they prefer to search by their own reference number. The guy from the call centre is going to email me some additional contact information for London which may or may not help (I will check emails shortly and see if there is anything useful). He also said that they are in the process of sending London the last of the September applications and are getting through October pretty quickly... fingers crossed London picks up the pace too!
Hi Canuckwannabe,

How did you get through to the call centre? Every time I've called lately, it's said they can't transfer my call because they're receiving a high volume of calls. I didn't have this problem before. Is there a trick to it, like selecting certain options?

Thanks.

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
COPR arrived 5th Dec & will do landing on 8th Dec.
frege said:
Hi Canuckwannabe,

How did you get through to the call centre? Every time I've called lately, it's said they can't transfer my call because they're receiving a high volume of calls. I didn't have this problem before. Is there a trick to it, like selecting certain options?

Thanks.
I wish I could remember what option I selected, but I don't sorry! I just remember it repeatedly gave warnings about not being able to give advice concerning visa offices and that they were experiencing higher than normal call volumes (but then they always say that) I continued to hold for a few minutes before it asking me to enter my UCI number and it then said the wait time was six minutes. So I guess I was just really lucky! I called them at 15:00 their time, so I don't know if that made a difference or not? Fingers crossed you get through soon though!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Canuckwannabe said:
I wish I could remember what option I selected, but I don't sorry! I just remember it repeatedly gave warnings about not being able to give advice concerning visa offices and that they were experiencing higher than normal call volumes (but then they always say that) I continued to hold for a few minutes before it asking me to enter my UCI number and it then said the wait time was six minutes. So I guess I was just really lucky! I called them at 15:00 their time, so I don't know if that made a difference or not? Fingers crossed you get through soon though!
Okay, I'll keep trying. Thanks!

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
frege said:
Hi Canuckwannabe,

Thanks.
If there are too many people on hold already, it just hangs up. If you get lucky, you get put on hold ;)

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Has anyone who had more than one login for ECAS noticed an update on one but not the other?

What i'm trying to say is, we have three login's; a UCI number for myself, a UCI number for my boyfriend and the Immigration File Number. If an update changes on one, does anyone know if it will automatically update all 3? I keep checking all three login's!! lol :eek:

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Laurenhannah said:
Has anyone who had more than one login for ECAS noticed an update on one but not the other?

What i'm trying to say is, we have three login's; a UCI number for myself, a UCI number for my boyfriend and the Immigration File Number. If an update changes on one, does anyone know if it will automatically update all 3? I keep checking all three login's!! lol :eek:
I'd love to know this too as I'm doing the exact same thing and feeling like a crazy person! (more so!)

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
What i'm trying to say is, we have three login's; a UCI number for myself, a UCI number for my boyfriend and the Immigration File Number. If an update changes on one, does anyone know if it will automatically update all 3? I keep checking all three login's!! lol
This may not be entirely correct but from what I've seen other people say and what I can see for myself:

Sponsor UCI- relates to stage 1- so mine says decision made- and no updates expected after that.

Applicant UCI/File Number/ Receipt Number- All bring up the same info and this relates to stage 2 process- changes only expected to occur on this one.

I know the VO prefers contact to be made using their file number rather than UCI but otherwise I don't see any difference in the info.