+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Louise86 said:
Hi everyone -

I received an interesting email last night from CIC informing me that they'd received my application! My heart stopped when I saw it sitting in my inbox - I thought for a split second that it might be my Sponsor Approval, but no such luck! Not that I was expecting to hear anything until mid-January anyway.

Is this the norm? Is this AOR? I was under the impression that family class applicants don't receive an AOR, and won't hear any news from CIC until the sponsor is deemed eligible. It's also given me us our UCI number, but we still can't log in to e-Cas.

Has anyone else who's applied recently received the same? Very confused, but happy that I know it's got there safely! :)
I was also under the impression we only hear when sponsorship is decided! I think you're one of the lucky ones, I havent heard anything at all yet, ours arrived october 24th....Im think with the hols coming up we wont hear til after xmas now anyway...

Let me know if your sponsorship news comes through, will be interesting to see if its quicker for you!

Maid_Marian

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
Congrat Mittens, so happy for you to have heard!!

So I got an email from London today, after 2 emails I sent in the last few weeks, asking for a tracking number when they sent my passport. The email confirms that they sent my passport on 14 December to the correct address, but they didn't include a tracking number (even though I put 'request for tracking number' in the title!) so I still don't know when it'll arrive. Annoying thing is that we're heading out of town for Christmas in 3 days!

Anyway, big question, as I saw someone else write this, as my passport arrived in London 26th November and was therefore likely processed in December, what's this whole COPR thing about?? What does it look like? Is the landing procedure still the same or do I need to know something?

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Maid_Marian said:
Congrat Mittens, so happy for you to have heard!!

So I got an email from London today, after 2 emails I sent in the last few weeks, asking for a tracking number when they sent my passport. The email confirms that they sent my passport on 14 December to the correct address, but they didn't include a tracking number (even though I put 'request for tracking number' in the title!) so I still don't know when it'll arrive. Annoying thing is that we're heading out of town for Christmas in 3 days!

Anyway, big question, as I saw someone else write this, as my passport arrived in London 26th November and was therefore likely processed in December, what's this whole COPR thing about?? What does it look like? Is the landing procedure still the same or do I need to know something?
The COPR is a big piece of paper that you hand over when you land, the customs guys fill in stuff and then you go through to the immigration office. All quick and painless hopefully !!

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Hello Folks.

I have just found this forum and I'm so glad there are people I can talk to about things.

We are currently applying for a common-law permenant visa. My partner is Canadian but living in Scotland with me. We have had the sponsorship application go through successfully and are just waiting on the Permenent Residence Applicaiton status to be completed.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me when the timeline starts from? This is what it says, which is why I am confused:

Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor ............. on August 17, 2011.

We started processing your application on October 27, 2011.

We sent you a letter on October 27, 2011 about the decision on your application.

THEN

Permanent Residence
We received .......... application for permanent residence on August 17, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Does anyone know if this means they start processing the Permenent Residence part from August 17th? Or from October 27th?

Just so we can kind of work out when we are looking at moving!

Thanks to everyone for their help.

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
mmhughes said:
we forgot to do something with the photos (on the back?) but I'm not sure what that means.
Sorry this is a long time since you posted this...could i ask what you had to put on the back of your photos?

I just put descriptions of who was in the pictures and the dates. Was this ok?

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
shykitten said:
I hope this means what I think it means ..I received an email from ECAS stating that our case had been updated "We received XX's application for permanent residence on February 17, 2011. We started processing XX's application on April 20, 2011. Medical results have been received. A decision has been made on XX's application. The office will contact XX concerning this decision." :D :D :D :D ...Still waiting on an email from the High Commission to be sent to my husband ..
Hi, sorry this is ages after ytou posted this. Did they start processing your application from the Feb 17th or the April 20th? Just to give us an idea of a waiting period!

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nessa O199 said:
congratulations Mittens!! ;D
and hsbalouch hopefully they give you an answer soon! :)
thank you very much nessa!

yes I hope so too its already been too late, funny thing is they sent me another email today stating that my document has reached there,

if they dont want to contact they simply wont but if they do, they send 3 email in a week of same topic, lol

UkGary

Oct 11, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Done....
03-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2012 (COPR)
Hi all,

Just wondering why the last two apps on the spreadsheet only took 37 day to get their PPR, does anyone have any ideas?

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
I dont know why my application only took 37 days but if you have any questions about my application i will answer if can :)

UkGary

Oct 11, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Done....
03-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2012 (COPR)
essex0227 said:
I dont know why my application only took 37 days but if you have any questions about my application i will answer if can :)
Hi Essex0227,

My situation is a simple one where I am the only person been sponsored, we have given them absolutely everything they need and we have paid all fees upfront including the right to permanent residence fee, was your situation like mine?

I know the odds of getting a similar time line as yourself is unlikely but I am hoping that the reason yours was so quick is because of it been a simple one to process.

I know even if our situations are identical I probably won’t get the same time lines as you but I can always hope.

nessa O199

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
File Transfer...
29-11-2011
Med's Done....
07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2012
VISA ISSUED...
28/Feb/2012
LANDED..........
sometime april.. :)
I checked e cas today and is being updated! first was in process since Nov 29 , Now it says Medical received!!!

I also checked the link in ecas where it says Application received , then at the bottom I clicked
- Application for Permanent Residence Outside Canada
And came across with a table which explains each step in the application process

This diagram explains each step in the application process

Status of your application
IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Explanation

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

WITHDRAWN
(An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE
(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)

Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

So... if I am not wrong , after Medical received the approval decision is determined?? ;D
Cool to know step by step ! how things are going to be... so just wanted to share it.

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
I was the only one being Sponsored as our 4 children have there citizenship certifcates.
We sent everything and paid everything.
No criminal record, Married for 10 years together for 15 years.
Sent everything we had to show we had been toether for that long.
Other then that we just gave t hem what they asked for.
Hope your get your PPR soon :)

mrkhan

Nov 21, 2011
hello people.

i have recently done a family class spousal application and thought i should add myself to this lovely community.

my wife is canadian and we have been married and living in london for over 3 years.

i sent our complete application package on 7th December 2011 and it was received by CIC Mississauga on 9 December 2011.

am i right in thinking that these are the stages to expect (please correct me if i'm wrong!):

aor
sponsor approval
file transfer to london
extra info/etc
pr granted
passport request/copr issued

hope it all goes well iA!

dancanman

Sep 6, 2011
AnnaMcG said:
I was also under the impression we only hear when sponsorship is decided! I think you're one of the lucky ones, I havent heard anything at all yet, ours arrived october 24th....Im think with the hols coming up we wont hear til after xmas now anyway...

Let me know if your sponsorship news comes through, will be interesting to see if its quicker for you!
I too got e-mail last week, that they recieved my application on oct 5th, which I thought was strange. Got a letter yesterday, with approval of sponsorship. Maybe it's a new thing they do, who knows ?