+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
May be a bit early still but CIC Mississauga should have received our file on Nov 10th....but haven't had any confirmation. I hope I get an email soon!

dancanman

Sep 6, 2011
awilliams123 said:
May be a bit early still but CIC Mississauga should have received our file on Nov 10th....but haven't had any confirmation. I hope I get an email soon!
They recieved my application on oct 5th, and I heard nothing until december 14th,where we got an e-mail confirming that they got it. Same day as they snail mailed the decision/approval of sponsorship. So a little more patience, and it'll come ;)

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
trickydicky16 said:
Sorry this is a long time since you posted this...could i ask what you had to put on the back of your photos?

I just put descriptions of who was in the pictures and the dates. Was this ok?
I didn't realize there was something you are supposed to do to the photos? So you mean photos of events? We wrote the place and date of each photo just in case, now I'm glad we did, but was there something else we were meant to do??

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Hi, can i be added to the spreadsheet please? -
App sent away August 08th.
Application Received August 17th.
Sponsorship agreed October 27th

Thanks

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
awilliams123 said:
I didn't realize there was something you are supposed to do to the photos? So you mean photos of events? We wrote the place and date of each photo just in case, now I'm glad we did, but was there something else we were meant to do??
No, I think that was all! ta

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Hi folks, well we're on the cusp of xmas and still no PPR. Can't believe how long it's taking. I'm now thinking of going to Canada anyway to be with my wife because it's getting ridiculous now, so I have some questions:

1) has anyone turned up as a visitor with a one-way ticket before their application has been decided? (I can continue in my UK job working remotely from Canada).
2) if so, what kind of things did you get asked at the border? Should I volunteer the info that I have an immigration app in progress?
3) what are the photo requirements when you get PPR? As I no longer have to send my passport in to the london office I can prepare the photocopies and photos ready to go. Do they request anything else other than photographs and photocopied passport in the new post-1st December regime? - maybe Mittens knows the answer to this one?

Help much appreciated. I'm trying hard not to feel sorry for myself!

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pink Lady, can you update me on the spreadsheet please. Received sposorship approval Dec. 20th.

Janham

Nov 15, 2011
:) :) App sent to Mississauga 19/9/11 received by CIC 26/9/11

As nothing had been heard since we e-mailed the CIC on 18/12/11 and got a reply next day 19/12/11:

Sponsor application approved ;D ;D

subsequent e-mails were we have received your application (this was after we were told we were approved ???)
and then another e-mail to say the same, all very weird

Anyway Pink lady one for your spreadsheet

Application approved ?? I don't know when but we found out 19/12/11 after chasing it therefore, 85 days!!!! sure it should be less for those waiting not sure why ours was this long but not to worry we got it ;D ;D

angelmoon

Jul 13, 2011
Hey everyone, so we sent our application on July 17th 2011
It was received on July 21st 2011
My Sponsorship was approved Sept. 27th 2011

It got transferred to London, meds were received.
Then at the end of October we checked Ecas and it said:

We started processing XXXs application on November 2, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XXXs application. The office will contact XXX concerning this decision.

So it says a decision has been made since November but we haven't received anything for almost two months now??? Should I be sending an e-mail? I'm worried we've gotten lost in transit or something?? Our application is fairly straight forward, I'm Canadian, my husband is Irish, we live in the UK, both our kids have their Canadian citizenships, we've been married for just over four years. Our biggest worry is he did his medical back in May so we only have until then...

aaarrrghh....

any help/reassurance/opinions/advice is welcome!

AndreUK

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 July 2011
File Transfer...
15 September 2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
Passport Req..
17 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 2011
LANDED..........
21 December 2011
Hey guys,
I got my COPR but they cut short my middle name by one letter - it's likely they only assign a certain number of characters to it and it got cut short, but it's also possible they made a mistake. Should I try to land anyway, or contact London? Contacting London may delay the landing quite a bit.. I may try to land and tell them and see what they say... any advice?
Thanks!!!

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
British Bulldog, do you know why it took so long for you to get sponsor approval?
I have added you to the spreadsheet now, along with 123me.

chrischris, mittens..... dare I ask.... any news?

Essex, be sure to let us know if that package is your passport!

Happy Monday everyone :)
Pinklady, can you add details to the spreadsheet please...I got approved Dec. 20th for sponsorship.

AndreUK

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 July 2011
File Transfer...
15 September 2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
Passport Req..
17 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 2011
LANDED..........
21 December 2011
Just ignore my previous post.
I landed today, and contrary to posts on this forum lead me to believe, it was completely uncomplicated.

I needed no photos, none of the numerous forms that people said were "required", no custom forms, nothing. Just my passport and the COPR. That's it!
It took less than 5 minutes and the PR card will get sent to me automatically.

Shaun70

Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/11
Med's Done....
12/05/11
LANDED..........
11/12/11
chrischris said:
Hi folks, well we're on the cusp of xmas and still no PPR. Can't believe how long it's taking. I'm now thinking of going to Canada anyway to be with my wife because it's getting ridiculous now, so I have some questions:

1) has anyone turned up as a visitor with a one-way ticket before their application has been decided? (I can continue in my UK job working remotely from Canada).
2) if so, what kind of things did you get asked at the border? Should I volunteer the info that I have an immigration app in progress?
3) what are the photo requirements when you get PPR? As I no longer have to send my passport in to the london office I can prepare the photocopies and photos ready to go. Do they request anything else other than photographs and photocopied passport in the new post-1st December regime? - maybe Mittens knows the answer to this one?

Help much appreciated. I'm trying hard not to feel sorry for myself!

Hi Chris

I turned up at Toronto with a one way ticket in August, when asked when I was planning to return to the UK I advised I was going back in 5/6/weeks. IO asked who I was visiting and I advised my Wife, he asked if I had started PR process, I advised I had (and at that stage was awaiting 1st stage approval). At no piont was I asked to show a return ticket, not in Manchester or Toronto, I did however take lots of paperwork showing funds and credit at my disposal to support myself and the family, not that I needed it. I spent a long time worrying about this, the whole process turned out to be painless. I am of the understanding that as long as you can support yourself and get out when needing too they will be fine. Having said that I landed at Pearson on a busy weekend and was able to watch which of the IO's where bored stupid and which where giving people a hard time, think I picked the one who was nearing the end of an 8 hour shift! MY PPR came through in November so I wont be heading back over the pond anytime soon.

PR photo's where similar to application ones, with shoulders in.

Good Luck and book the flight already!

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
Just got an email today confirming that CIC had received our application back in November. What a relief, at least now we know that it's being processed finally!!!!

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
mittens flounces in wearing her canada mittens and layer upon layer of sensible clothing lol
yes, i am back in canada after a flying visit to grande britannia...

chrishcris, so so gutted for you my friend :(
ok everyone who is asking about the new regime
i apologise i'm not pooter savvy otherwise i'd put the whole e-mail on here for you all

YES, it clearly states ALL pages of passport ALL pages of passport
i did them ALL including ALL blank ones LOL, hard to photocopy with watermarks etc, but i just made sure you could see passport no. from each page it was on

NO you do NOT also send your actual passport any more
just ALL photocopies LOL
you getting the picture???

the photo specs are the same as you do on the original application (ie. the white background, slightly different measurements...NOT passport size I REPEAT NOT the passport size)
they want TWO of these pics, on the back you write your file number and your full name as it is on your passport

there is also a form that just asks for basic details, names, passport numbers, height and eye colour

i only sent all this yesterday as the photos were back in canada. anyways all sent off so last bit of stress done hopefully...
wishing you all a peaceful holiday season wfilled with love and alcohol heh ;D