+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
British Bulldog, do you know why it took so long for you to get sponsor approval?
I have added you to the spreadsheet now, along with 123me.

chrischris, mittens..... dare I ask.... any news?

Essex, be sure to let us know if that package is your passport!

Happy Monday everyone :)

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
meg29 said:
I have a question, the VO send me an Appendix A that states " to complete information for YOU AND ALL YOUR DEPENDANTS, whether accompanying or not". My question is, do you include your sponsor spouse on this form??.. i had send mine already but leave the spouse column as blank since in my thinking my husband is not my dependent...hope somebody can enlighten me?

if ever, i should have include my sponsor spouse in the form, can i send another appendix A to the VO and attached a letter of explaination? will it not create a problem for me f I do so??..i really need advise right now, don't want to be the cause of delay for my application since our wedding anniversary is fast approaching...thank you for your advises! it be of great help..
I don't know for sure but what I did with all questions where I wasn't sure if my child and/or sponsor needed to be mentioned was that I included them and then put a post-it on the very same paper and explained that person X was my sponsor/child.
I don't think that would cause any problems, I think it's better to give too much info rather than too little.

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me out. I am a Canadian citizen married to a brit (5 years now) and living in the UK. We've applied for his PR (sent 11 Nov), haven't heard anything yet. Application was sent to Mississauga. How are you all finding out what stage your application is in (apart from the CIC website)? I read many of you have received something called an AOR, what is it and will I get one? Sorry if this sounds a little naive but I feel like I'm not supposed to be just sitting back and waiting to someone to send me a letter!

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
Yes Pinklady it is my passport yeah woooooooooooo ;D
So passport bk on the 9th December.
It must have been processed after the 1st as i don't have a visa in my passport just the COPR.
So from arrival at Missisaga to arrival of my passport bk to me has been 127 days.
We are very happy right now.....well he will be when he gets up lol.
Good luck to everyone else and hope we all have a happy holiday season.

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
It arrived at VO on 22nd November :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
essex0227 said:
Yes Pinklady it is my passport yeah woooooooooooo ;D
So passport bk on the 9th December.
It must have been processed after the 1st as i don't have a visa in my passport just the COPR.
So from arrival at Missisaga to arrival of my passport bk to me has been 127 days.
We are very happy right now.....well he will be when he gets up lol.
Good luck to everyone else and hope we all have a happy holiday season.
Great news!!! :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
awilliams123 said:
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me out. I am a Canadian citizen married to a brit (5 years now) and living in the UK. We've applied for his PR (sent 11 Nov), haven't heard anything yet. Application was sent to Mississauga. How are you all finding out what stage your application is in (apart from the CIC website)? I read many of you have received something called an AOR, what is it and will I get one? Sorry if this sounds a little naive but I feel like I'm not supposed to be just sitting back and waiting to someone to send me a letter!
hey, the first stage of processing, sponsor approval, is currently taking around 60 days. you won't hear anything until a decision has been made and the sponsor will receive a letter or email. The file will then be forwarded to London. You can log in on ecas usually only after first stage approval. The AOR is the date london receives the file. London office don't send out an actual AOR (acknowledgement of receipt). The next thing you'll hear will be either a request for more info... or a PPR (passport request). However the system changed recently so they may or may not request your passport. Average time for processing in London is around 2-3 months. Check out my spreadsheet.
Any more questions, ask away :)

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
pinklady, thank you. You can add me to your spreadsheet if you like, application sent on 1 Nov and received in mississauga on 10 Nov. I really hope we filled out the forms correctly, we didn't go over them about 10 times, they were at times quite confusing. I'd hate to have a delay because we left something out. I'm hoping that we are set to go my end of June next summer, my sister is getting married and we're planning on going for the wedding, and also hoping we can use that trip to land in Canada as well. Suppose it is possible looking at the process times recently, but one can only hope. With our luck, there'll be some reason it will take a year!

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
I meant to say that we DID go over the forms about 10 times...

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BT1975 said:
I received an email on Dec. 9 that my application was received in Mississauga on Nov. 2, 2011, even though I mailed it Oct. 18. I'm happy to know that someone is in contact with my file, but I was hoping I'd already be hearing that I was approved as a sponsor and that the application was being sent to the London VO already. I've got a UCI number now, though I can't seem to login with it yet. It says

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times"

So I guess my application has been received but is still waiting to be processed.
Lol your lucky - Mine was received 24th October and Ive still heard nothing - I think sponsor approval is about 2 months so we should be hearing soon, just so frustrating getting that We were not able to identify you using the information you provided message all the time....

Does everyone receive an eamil saying it is received? We certainly didnt!! :s

Jonnysion

Dec 14, 2011
Just thought that I should include my newb-ness to this thread!
I am a British-Irish guy (depending on who is asking, as they say) and I am being sponsored by my Canadian wife.
We mailed the application on October 7th, so hoping to hear back before Christmas regarding the Stage One Sponsorship approval. To date, we haven't heard anything. I have also posted on the 'October' thread.

I look forward to talking to you all and sharing your successes!

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
Aperture said:
Have you tried logging in with your sponsor's information? (Use the same UCI number.) Our application is only accessible via the sponsor's details (me!).
Yes, I tried using my details - I'm the sponsor.

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Hi everyone -

I received an interesting email last night from CIC informing me that they'd received my application! My heart stopped when I saw it sitting in my inbox - I thought for a split second that it might be my Sponsor Approval, but no such luck! Not that I was expecting to hear anything until mid-January anyway.

Is this the norm? Is this AOR? I was under the impression that family class applicants don't receive an AOR, and won't hear any news from CIC until the sponsor is deemed eligible. It's also given me us our UCI number, but we still can't log in to e-Cas.

Has anyone else who's applied recently received the same? Very confused, but happy that I know it's got there safely! :)

lillia123

Star Member
Dec 2, 2011
birmingham
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-11
AOR Received.
8-11-11
pinklady said:
hey, the first stage of processing, sponsor approval, is currently taking around 60 days. you won't hear anything until a decision has been made and the sponsor will receive a letter or email. The file will then be forwarded to London. You can log in on ecas usually only after first stage approval. The AOR is the date london receives the file. London office don't send out an actual AOR (acknowledgement of receipt). The next thing you'll hear will be either a request for more info... or a PPR (passport request). However the system changed recently so they may or may not request your passport. Average time for processing in London is around 2-3 months. Check out my spreadsheet.
Any more questions, ask away :)

hi pinklady
can you please tell me where you found out the information that the system has changed that they might or might not request for your passport.
thank you.