+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys

Sorry Im having a momentary freak out here - I think I have my timeline totally wrong on visa processing times

I thought that the full application for my husband to sponsor me - for him to be approved (as I now know happens in Canada) and me to be approved (which is in London) is taking on average 4 months, but they say on the website 8 months...

now is that just for my side of the application or the whole thing (including canada approving my husband as sponsor) is it actually going to take a lot longer than this??

im freaking out coz we have so much lined up back in CAnada in terms of work based on me thinking the whole thing was going to take 4-8 months.....please can some help!!!!

THANKS!!! :'(

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hi Anna,

The website says 8 months, it means 80% of applications will be completed in 8 months.
However my spreadsheet shows real timelines dating back just over a year and the average time from sending to mississauga to the PPR from London is 120 days. Showing most are completed in a lot less than the 8 months on the website.
It is likely you will have your PPR in 4 months. Lately the first part, sponsorship approval has been taking upwards of 60 days, which may lengthen the overall timelines, it used to be more like 30 days.

Oh and on the appendix C, yes the visa office is London.

Good luck! And don't freak out! It'll all be worth it!

vic.aj

Star Member
Sep 16, 2011
Hi anna when did you Apply for sponsorship, if you dont mind me asking, Missisauga recvd our app. on 30th May

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much for your quick reply PinkLady! wowzaar that was a big sigh of relief to read.....and thanks for the medical info - I have it on Thursday and we are planning to have everything sent 2 weeks later so it is all coming together now - but I really appreciate the answers on this site - so helpful it really is!

Im sure I will be posting more random questions in the next couple of weeks!

thanks again ;D

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vic.aj said:
Hi anna when did you Apply for sponsorship, if you dont mind me asking, Missisauga recvd our app. on 30th May
We havent sent it off yet! we are going to hopefully send everything in 2 weeks...Im just panicking even before sending!! lol

nessa O199

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
File Transfer...
29-11-2011
Med's Done....
07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2012
VISA ISSUED...
28/Feb/2012
LANDED..........
sometime april.. :)
Hello, I've found this forum so interesting, and using your experience I would like to know something about the processing time in London.

I am Colombian and I am living in England, now for more than one year under a general student visa, that expires in January 2012
My husband came from Canada 8 months ago to live here with me and work. So we applied for the PR to and to be processed in London.
We sent the documents just the 6th of September to Missisisauga, but was wondering if...

I just have to wait... for a letter after a month saying that they received the documents? and then wait to be transfered over here again? how you guys can track the process? ::)
and ..

The fact that I am student and non UK citizen, would affect the time processing in London?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hi Nessa,
The first contact you will get will be a letter/email from Mississauga with the sponsorship approval decision. They will contact the sponsor, your husband. This first step is currently taking over 60 days. After this they will transfer your file back to London. London don't send out Acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) so the first you will hear from London will be either a PPR or a request for more info. They will contact you, the applicant this time and it can be again by letter or email.
You can track the process by logging on to ecas on the cic website, https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en but since you only sent the application on Sept 6 there wont be a file created for you yet.
The only way you will know if Mississauga received your application is if you sent it by recorded delivery and it you could track it.
The fact you are not a UK citizen may increase the processing times, but I would think that's only because it may take longer to do background checks.
Good luck!

nessa O199

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
File Transfer...
29-11-2011
Med's Done....
07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2012
VISA ISSUED...
28/Feb/2012
LANDED..........
sometime april.. :)
thank you so much!! ;)
However I think I have to extend my visa cause it expires in January and by then I don't think that I will get the PR. ::), so I suppose that I have to update my status in the VO when I get an extension.

Congrats for ur PR, I cant believe it was so fast!!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Yeah it would probably be a good idea to extend your visa in the UK. But if its the same type of visa I wouldnt think you'd need to update your status. As long as you have legal status I don't think it matters.
I did get very lucky with my PR application and things moved very quickly for me :)
Best of luck to you!

johnpollard

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
27-Jun-2011
Passport Req..
who knows!
Hi, it's now been over three weeks since my status was change on ecas (26th August), saying that London has made a decision on my PR. But still no letter.

I have heard it said not to contact London about this, as it will slow things down even further. Is this right?

The suspense is killing me!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
TGR said:
Regarding the dentist for children question, in Ontario where I live, dental care is not covered by provincial insurance. However, if your child requires dental care and you cannot afford it, there are a few programs where children under 17 can get free basic dental care. See the link below:
http://www.ontario.ca/en/residents/benefitsdirectory/categories/ONT04_041258.html
Thanks! I am going to BC though..

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Rscmoore said:
Hi all. Can I please be added to the London Spreadsheets? We sent the application august 22, it got there august 26th. It is a common-law sponsorship. My partners medical was July 26th. We are applying Outland as we are based in the UK. Our girls our in the process of getting their citizenship through me!

Many Thanks.
Hi..how far have you come in the process of getting citizenship for your kids? We live in Sweden and it took 6 months for Canada to approve of my child's citizenship, and after that we had to apply for a passport and that took another few months. The embassy in Stockholm said it was all quite "quick" as the citizenship could take up to a year, according to them. As soon as you get your children's citizenship cards, apply for their passports immediately so you don't end up with delays with regard to your immigration process.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
We are off to B.C and I have been studying stuff online...I have come across "Service Canada" and "Service BC". Does anyone know what the difference is?
(I have understood we must apply for SIN # etc at Service Canada....but need to go to Service BC if we want to pick up info on MediCare. However, Service BC has no office in Vancouver, which I think seems really odd. We will apply for MediCare online tho, so that's not a prob. I am just trying to understand what the difference is.)

Thanks

Rscmoore

Aug 2, 2011
Hi Daisies,

I sent off for their citizenship in June and received a letter a week later saying that they had started processing the citizenship papers. I was advised from the CIC that I should apply for our passports all together (my Canadian one has expired). We sent our application end of August. Hopefully the timelines won't be too bad! Another lady from the UK got her citizenship papers back in 3 months and has applied for the passports. I'm so confused and impatient with all waiting times! We hope to land in July 2012. What are your timelines?

Thanks,
rscmoore

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Hello,

I wanted to know, if somebody is studying in UK (his status is student VISA) and wants to apply for Canadian Immigration (as a spouse, sponsored by his husband/wife) then will she/heable to apply from UK?

Because for UK time length is 8-months and from Pakistan it will take 24-months. This is more optimum way. But I am not sure can it be doable or not?

Is anybody did it before or hear about it please let me know.

Best Regards,