+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I am not 100% sure, but I think if you've been admitted legally to the UK for a year or more then you can apply through the London office.

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Hello,

I wanted to know, if somebody is studying in UK (his status is student VISa) and wants to apply for Canadian Immigration (as a spouse, sponsored by his husband/wife) then will he/she able to apply from UK?

Because for UK time length is 8-months and from Pakistan it will take 24-months. This is more optimum way. But I am not sure can it be doable or not?

Is anybody did it before or hear about it please let me know.

Best Regards,

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
Hi There

I wondered if you could help? Pinklady - please could you update the spreadsheet to show that Mississauga received the application on August 24th?

I have a question that I hope you experts can help me with :) My husband is now in Canada with me whilst we wait for the application to be processed (6 month visit), whilst he was in England and I was already in Canada, he completed his part of the application - police checks, medicals etc.

He has now received a letter to say that he needs to have further medicals at the same DMP he used in England. We're both in Oakville now and I know there's a DMP in Oakville. Will he HAVE to go back to England or can he complete his extra medicals here and then send them to match up with the file?

It's so confusing! As Mississauga hasn't even processed my part yet, we can't change addresses or anything so that they know we're both in Canada, he was in England and I was here when we sent the application..... So frustrating.

I guess he'll have to go back to England for a week or so but I just wondered if it was a possibility. It's hard enough being apart, then we get reunited only to have to go back again. Still, after 41 years of marriage still missing the husband is a good sign :)

Anyone any advice to offer? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hi, what exactly does the letter say?
Is it because they need to redo some tests or they need to do additional tests?
And does it specify he has to go to the same DMP?

I updated the spreadsheet

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
Thanks for updating Pinklady

The letter says:

This refers to your application for permanent residence/temporary residence in Canada.

Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Please take the enclosed sealed envelope the the DMP who examined you. We are requesting that the DMP arrange for additional medical tests to be carried out and to forward the test results to this office. You have 90 days to comply with this request.

Please quote your IME number in all correspondence with this office.

Also, there wasn't a sealed envelope in the letter!! It was just a piece of A4 folded and stuck with tape.....

I thought that as a spouse they couldn't refuse on medical grounds? He's super healthy thank goodness but I suppose at 61 they want to make sure he's not a drain on any system. Any advice? Kind words? It's really STRESSFUL!!!! ???

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hmmm thats a tricky one, I have never heard of anyone getting a letter like this before.
Is the letter from the DMP in england?
Don't stress it, worst case he'll have to go back to the UK for a week or so.

Do any of the senior members have advice or knowledge about what to do?

So sorry I can't help :(

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
Hi There

THANK YOU for the swift response.

It's from the London Visa Office. The thing is, as our app only went in to Mississauga during August, it hasn't passed the first stage yet so they don't know my husband is applying as a spouse - if you see what I mean. He could just be someone applying for a work visa or anything as they have no file to match it up to yet.

Thank you and any advice would be great. It looks like he'll have to go back for a week or two then :(

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
I wouldnt do anything until you know for cetain this is for your husband, seems strange that its in London yet you havnt had sponsor approval but if it was me I woud be contacting the London VO first to make sure. Perhaps some of the experts on here can advise better , hope it get sorted soon for you :)

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Rscmoore said:
Hi Daisies,

I sent off for their citizenship in June and received a letter a week later saying that they had started processing the citizenship papers. I was advised from the CIC that I should apply for our passports all together (my Canadian one has expired). We sent our application end of August. Hopefully the timelines won't be too bad! Another lady from the UK got her citizenship papers back in 3 months and has applied for the passports. I'm so confused and impatient with all waiting times! We hope to land in July 2012. What are your timelines?

Thanks,
rscmoore

Hi there... we sent our application to Mississauga in mid-June, and have gotten a letter of sponsorship approval about a month later. After that, nothing (yet). It's awful to wait, so it is!! We did my daughter's citizenship and passport a long time ago, right after she was born.
If things go well we hope to move in January or at least February. I have yet to quit my job etc etc and this is all so very stressful!!!!

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
Thanks for all your support! You guys are wonderful!

Daisies - I hear you on the stressful. At least everyone here understands :) Good luck everyone!! We'll get there :)

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
Stress isn't the word lol.
We didn't send our application till August 4th and havn't yet got spousal approval. We aren't planning on moving till middle of June but i've done that much research I could get everything ready and sorted to move next week if i had to.
I just want to get organized, i've even got my husband to get a skip so i can start throwing things away lol talk about over excited lol.

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
Talk about stress. I watched an episode of The Closer last night about an evil Immigration Officer. I then had a terrible nightmare that he was the one processing our file.

This last few weeks of waiting are doing my head in. :'(

regine

Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samahmedpk2000 said:
I wanted to know, if somebody is studying in UK (his status is student VISa) and wants to apply for Canadian Immigration (as a spouse, sponsored by his husband/wife) then will he/she able to apply from UK?
Yes. As pinklady said, they have to have been there for at least 1 year.

So, if your spouse has been a student in the UK for at least 1 year, he can apply through the London office.

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
We got engaged!! Can you please confirm that our plan of action looks ok?

We are happily engaged and planning to marry in November, which will be our first year anniversary of living together in Canada.

So we will be applying for a Spousal sponsorship now.

1. Get police check in Ireland where I lived until I was 19 years old
2. Get police check in UK where I lived from age 19 until I moved to Canada in November 2010
3. Get medical arranged for sometime in October
4. Prepare the Spousal sponsorship application for my husband to be
5. Prepare the PR application for me
6. Gather the evidence for showing our relationship is genuine
7. Prepare Visitor Status extension (my current extension will be out of date in December 2011)
8 Pay the fees ( including the extension fees)
9. Send off the application (Outland to London), including the extension application

Question 1. We will not have our Marriage Certificate right away, I understand it can take a few weeks to be issued after the marriage, is there any other document we can use to send with the initial application?

Question 2. My children are grown up (23 and 27) and live with their partners in the Uk and have no plans to live in Canada. I understand that I have to show them on my application, but do I also have to have medicals done for them?

Question 3. As an Outland application, do I put my current address on the form as my Canadian address where I live with my Fiance? Or would I use the address that I used to live in the Uk before I came to Canada last November (I own this house)?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!!

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
ecas status changed on Friday to "in process". Hope this means ppr is imminent - we had a big rush of pprs until I was the "next" one on pinklady's spreadsheet. And then of course it went silent. Frustrating waiting, and every day there's nervous excitement when I get home from work and see the post on the doormat, followed immediately by crushing defeat when I see it's just pizza leaflets and bank statements!