+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/

The ecas tracker

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
nicolapeeling said:
Thank you so much - I see you have been waiting since July!! Have you not heard anything from them at all? We Were sent an email asking us to send them the additional Family information sheet which we had missed so I thought that we were nearly there but that was 6 weeks ago!!
No nothing yet... I can't even log into ecas - only my sponsor can... but I'm not expecting to hear anything for a while yet, going by the updates on this thread, so I'm still stress free and happily waiting for now ... Hopefully you hear something soon - preferably PPR :) and hopefully the address issue is fixed soon too. Good luck!

AndreUK

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 July 2011
File Transfer...
15 September 2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
Passport Req..
17 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 2011
LANDED..........
21 December 2011
Another "Londoner" got sponsorship approval this morning - ME!!! Hooray!

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
AndreUK said:
Another "Londoner" got sponsorship approval this morning - ME!!! Hooray!
Congrats! :)

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Thanks Canooknic!
Sounds very odd indeed that you don't have to register children moving to Ca. I sure hope there won't be probs when it's time to start kindergarden and school!

With Sweden, we will have to fill out some forms stating we are leaving the country, they want the exact dates and all. With that, all tax benefits etc will end automatically.
Guess all countries do it differently!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
MDSB said:
No nothing yet... I can't even log into ecas - only my sponsor can... but I'm not expecting to hear anything for a while yet, going by the updates on this thread, so I'm still stress free and happily waiting for now ... Hopefully you hear something soon - preferably PPR :) and hopefully the address issue is fixed soon too. Good luck!
I had no idea both the sponsor and applicant had their own e-cas files. I thought there was just one, which was for both. I log on with my sponsor's info and it states sponsorship status as well as application (= me) status.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
We notified UK Gov. weeks before we actually left, they kept paying direct into our account, I called them (cost a freakin' fortune!!) and they said it would be stopped, we had closed the bank account and they kept paying ?!? Now a letter has arrived saying we owe them £650!!
I've asked them how we owe it when it's not in our account and was basically told 'we've paid it to you, it's not our fault if you didn't receive it and we want it back'! How does that work??

Well, we're in Canada, and you don't have our address so good luck pursuing that one!! I'd happily give it back if we'd received it, but giving them back money I haven't been given....I don't think so!

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
I had a similar thing happen to me with child tax credit, they said i owed them 3k ( i didnt even recieve that much) for 3 months worth and i had to pay it back because i cancelled it and didnt fill in a form, I wrote to them saying that I wasnt going to pay it as 1 i never got that much and 2 I told you I didnt need it anymore.

They came after me for 3 years for this money and i refused to pay, eventually the manager of the CTC wrote to me saying i had to pay it, i wrote back and told them I called the office explained i didnt need it anymore and they said they would make a note of it, I asked if I needed to do anything else she replied no. I wrote to the manager that and if she wanted to persue me after the money then she had better produce the recorded call and show me where the person I spoke to says that i have to fill out a form, if she can do that i will pay. She never wrote back for 4 months and when she did she said the case was closed.

Gov UK dont know there arse from their elbow if you ask me.

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
Got a question for you guys.

My wife is currently living with me in Canada on a visitor's visa. The Mississauga office received our application on June 2nd and our application is in process at the London office as of August 11. Looking at the Excel sheet looks like the average total process time is around 120 days so that'll put us around end of September for PPR (hopefully).

My wife currently has a flight booked to go back to Denmark end of November and returning back to Canada early December.

If we were to get our PPR end of September/early Oct how long would it take for the London office to return the passport? I've heard it can take anywhere from 3-5 weeks? Meaning my wife might not get her passport back by the time of her trip. Is there a time limit that you have to send the passport in? We're trying to figure out if her planned trip will cause any problems. Thanks. :)

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
They're a nightmare aren't they. When my boys were first born, they hardly paid us anything, then we got a letter saying they had underpaid us so they credited us with about £2k, then the next year they said they had overpaid us the previous year so our future payments were only about £25 a month - pretty sure I was spending more than that every month in phone calls to them! - and now this has happened.
Our account is closed, how can they say they have paid us money???
What a sham.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
??? :'(
I'm getting all nervous here reading about your nightmares with UK Gov. I just e-mailed our tax agency with a bunch of questions about my situation (re: moving to Ca.) and I will print their reply as proof if they start messing with me later on!! This whole thing is making me paranoid. Hahaha :-\

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Tawcan said:
Got a question for you guys.

My wife is currently living with me in Canada on a visitor's visa. The Mississauga office received our application on June 2nd and our application is in process at the London office as of August 11. Looking at the Excel sheet looks like the average total process time is around 120 days so that'll put us around end of September for PPR (hopefully).

My wife currently has a flight booked to go back to Denmark end of November and returning back to Canada early December.

If we were to get our PPR end of September/early Oct how long would it take for the London office to return the passport? I've heard it can take anywhere from 3-5 weeks? Meaning my wife might not get her passport back by the time of her trip. Is there a time limit that you have to send the passport in? We're trying to figure out if her planned trip will cause any problems. Thanks. :)
I don't know for sure how it all works but as for me, I would not make that trip unless it was super duper important. I've heard from somewhere you have to send the pport in within a month, but like I said, I don't know for sure.

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
Daisies said:
I don't know for sure how it all works but as for me, I would not make that trip unless it was super duper important. I've heard from somewhere you have to send the pport in within a month, but like I said, I don't know for sure.
It's her parents' 25th wedding anniversary. Kinda important. Hmmm..

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
You do have 30 days to submit the passport, and then mine took just under 6 weeks to come back to me in Canada. But recently its been much faster.
If you get the PPR end Sept, early Oct, and her flight is at end Nov, that could be enough time. Thats a good 6/7 weeks. I guess you just need to wait and see how things play out. If she get the PPR nearer to her trip, perhaps she could submit it from Denmark and wait for it to be returned to her there?
There's not a lot you can do until you hear from London... just keep your fingers crossed! :)

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Daisies said:
??? :'(
I'm getting all nervous here reading about your nightmares with UK Gov. I just e-mailed our tax agency with a bunch of questions about my situation (re: moving to Ca.) and I will print their reply as proof if they start messing with me later on!! This whole thing is making me paranoid. Hahaha :-\
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine....but keeping responses is probably a good idea!!