+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Destrike

May 15, 2015
These last few days have made me very optimistic :D I do have to wonder though if this unfortunate Syria crisis and lately Mr. Trudeau is helping us out here.

I'm merely speculating here, so please do not take this as gospel as this is likely a case of an excitable man putting 2 and 2 together and getting 8. So.. there's a news release on the Government of Canada website from September titled "Faster help for Syrian and Iraqi refugees without compromising Canadian security" (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link here). That mentions a lot about how they're planning to handle the Syrian crisis, but this in particular jumped out at me:

Building on recent processing improvements, Canada has already sent additional experienced visa officers to embassies in the region, and more will arrive in the coming weeks. We will also more than double the number of staff in Canada processing sponsorship applications to ensure new applications from Canadians wanting to sponsor refugees are assessed as quickly as possible, without compromising existing security and health screening.
Now granted the Beirut visa office is supposed to handle these applications (and Amman for Iraqi), but if our new Prime Minister is following through on his desire to accept 25,000 Syrians.. I'm thinking perhaps some offices have been considered overflow for the "doubling of staff processing sponsorship applications". Just like how London is now handling Islamabad.

OR.. maybe London have been told to get off their rear-ends for the likely possibility that they'll eventually be asked to handle these applications.

Forgive my potential stabs in the dark.. just fun to speculate that this latest boost in DM's isn't just a fluke, and there's reasoning behind it for it to continue :)

Feb 23, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Another update for our application: On the 30th of October we were asked to submit 2 recent photographs, updated information chart and a photocopy of my passport to LVO in order for them to issue my COPR.

The email does state:

"The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) when requested.... Your permanent resident visa will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations. If your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date, the visa will expire on the earlier date."

So I'm assuming they're going to stipulate on my COPR I land before December the 1st when my medical expires.

Does anyone have any idea how quickly LVO issues visas once they receive these documents?

Thanks

SwedenCanada

Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-15
AOR Received.
17-04-15 SA
File Transfer...
13-05-15 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-02-15
:eek: :eek:

decision made!!!!!

how is that possible..? we are still waiting on that rcmp fingerprint check they requested! I guess it's a conditional positive decision made? Hoping the rcmp fingerprint thing comes soon so we can send it off.

I was not at all expecting this!!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Spreadsheet updated WeAllPlayForCanada and SwedenCanada. Congrats on the DM!

Tvgt

Nov 30, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
OTT/LON - Common Law
App. Filed.......
31-03-2015
Doc's Request.
22-09-2015 - in process
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
File Transfer...
01-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
Landing: 14th Dec 2015
nbpb said:
Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen living in the UK with my British husband. I understand one of the supporting documents to provide is ' proof that you intend to live in Canada with your spouse....'. I am currently unemployed but my husband works and earns enough to support both of us. He has been in touch with recruiters in Toronto and has received positive feedback re job hunting etc. Could anyone advise what documents I can provide as proof of our intention to move to Canada?

Many thanks.
My girlfriend (Canadian) got her old manager to write her a job offer back in Canada and we sent letters from our friends stating that we have always talked about our intent to return as soon as granted residency. Her dad also wrote in his letter that we are able to live in his house until we get on our feet.

Clous87

Apr 20, 2015
So ive had about enough being thousands of miles from the mrs (as im sure alot of you are).

So pretty set on going down the duel intent route, i was wondering if there was some sort of FAQ floating about with what i need to do in order to get through customs with as little pain as possible.

Also i know that i am not allowed to work (otherwise im sure we would all be there by now), what else can i do to pass the time while im there? Am i allowed to volunteer, charity work, unpaid internships etc? I remember reading an article about an english guy being kicked out cause he helped his partner with some plastering and general handiwork around the house (has me a little worried but i figure the article was a bit on the sensationalist side of things). Im interested in hearing what you guys that are waiting in Canada are doing to occupy the time?

nbpb

Sep 21, 2015
Tvgt said:
My girlfriend (Canadian) got her old manager to write her a job offer back in Canada and we sent letters from our friends stating that we have always talked about our intent to return as soon as granted residency. Her dad also wrote in his letter that we are able to live in his house until we get on our feet.
Thanks - I might use the communication my husband has had with recruiters.

Also - I was wondering in the applicant checklist (3901e)- it says to provide proof of medical records and police certificate for yourself each of your family members - Can I confirm it is for all those I would be sponsoring (in this case my husband only)? I do live with my in-laws at the moment and they would be considered close relatives - however I won't be sponsoring anyone in the future.

Many thanks.

kasiap

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Lomdon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21July 2014
Doc's Request.
23 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
9 Sep 2014 sponsorship approval
Med's Request
17 July 2015
Med's Done....
March 2014 / July 22 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made Sept 21 2015 :)
Clous87 said:
So ive had about enough being thousands of miles from the mrs (as im sure alot of you are).

So pretty set on going down the duel intent route, i was wondering if there was some sort of FAQ floating about with what i need to do in order to get through customs with as little pain as possible.

Also i know that i am not allowed to work (otherwise im sure we would all be there by now), what else can i do to pass the time while im there? Am i allowed to volunteer, charity work, unpaid internships etc? I remember reading an article about an english guy being kicked out cause he helped his partner with some plastering and general handiwork around the house (has me a little worried but i figure the article was a bit on the sensationalist side of things). Im interested in hearing what you guys that are waiting in Canada are doing to occupy the time?
I did the same.. I was tired of waiting and just went to Canada to wait there for PR. Didn't have much problems at the border they just asked me how long I'm staing I show them my return ticket and she asked why I got for 6 months if I'm not sure if she will let me stay 6 moths but still got stamp in my pasport and that was it! I did'nt have any confirmation of my PR application printed so take that with you it might make it easer to talk to them ;)
About volunteer is not so easy I was looking aroud for that too and in most cases you need a PR card.. it has to be volunteer that 100% won't pay you for your job so can't be family and friends ... there is a link you can read a bit about that :
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Volunteer_Work-Canada

Clous87

Apr 20, 2015
kasiap said:
I did the same.. I was tired of waiting and just went to Canada to wait there for PR. Didn't have much problems at the border they just asked me how long I'm staing I show them my return ticket and she asked why I got for 6 months if I'm not sure if she will let me stay 6 moths but still got stamp in my pasport and that was it! I did'nt have any confirmation of my PR application printed so take that with you it might make it easer to talk to them ;)
About volunteer is not so easy I was looking aroud for that too and in most cases you need a PR card.. it has to be volunteer that 100% won't pay you for your job so can't be family and friends ... there is a link you can read a bit about that :
Thanks for the reply!

Essentially i want to increase my network base while im there, so that when my pr does come through i can have a running start at getting a job . So thought throwing myself into a volunteer job would get me talking to people of different backgrounds (with their own networks) whilst also preventing me from twiddling my thumbs for the duration. So it seems aslong as its more of a charity volunteer role (as opposed to a unpaid internship with a potential job at the end) i shouldnt have too much of an issue? the few documents ive read on it seem awfully vague

bbuck

Sep 23, 2015
Congratulations to all those who are getting DM's it is very encouraging to see,

My wife and I are planning on waiting out the application process in Canada. I have read many people going to Canada with a return ticket, are income however suggests we try entering with a one way ticket. We are going to print emails, webpages etc that pertain to our application and try to enter under Duel Intent. My question is has anyone had experience entering with a one way ticket. It would certainly ease my nerves some.

Thanks

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Hi bbuck,

I have entered Canada twice on a one way ticket, one from Melbourne to Calgary in January 2014, and then another from Glasgow, UK to Calgary in March 2014, so relatively close together.

My PR application was not submitted until Sep 2014. Each time I said I was visiting my wife. The first time I had no trouble, I was not asked if I had a return ticket or anything. My wife was with me. The second time I was on my own and I was asked the purpose of my visit and how long I would be staying for. I said about 3 months and I got 6 months.

Some airlines can be funny about allowing you to board as if you are refused entry it is on their dime to fly you back, but being visa exempt you should be fine (different airlines probably have different rules around this).

To ease your fears having a return ticket is best but it is possible, especially if you can provide proof that you have a PR app in process and you say you are visiting to be with your partner and hopefully you will be approved within 6 months, however if not you will leave Canada or apply for an extension.

Tvgt

Nov 30, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
OTT/LON - Common Law
App. Filed.......
31-03-2015
Doc's Request.
22-09-2015 - in process
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
File Transfer...
01-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
Landing: 14th Dec 2015
nbpb said:
Thanks - I might use the communication my husband has had with recruiters.

Also - I was wondering in the applicant checklist (3901e)- it says to provide proof of medical records and police certificate for yourself each of your family members - Can I confirm it is for all those I would be sponsoring (in this case my husband only)? I do live with my in-laws at the moment and they would be considered close relatives - however I won't be sponsoring anyone in the future.

Many thanks.

That's right, just the people who you are sponsoring for residency. so in your case, your husband. Because the application is "family class" the form is the same for couples as it is for families.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Congratulations to every one who got DM ... :) and good luck to every one who is still waiting. We have to send our step son for a re medical for non accompany so we have a while still to wait .. Hopefully we will get this sorted before Dec 19th so we can flagpole and enjoy are wedding anniversary at Niagara Falls

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt Decision Made: 26-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
Man Taffy you just can't catch a break over there. Let's hope this is absolute final and London stops messing around with you .

Jonesy319

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Elstead, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Hi Andrewbrit,
just got your note asking if we'd any updates.

Yes. On September 9 my partner was emailed and asked to provide:

copy of his decree absolute
police check for Israel (he worked there for several months several years ago)
FBI check for the US

They wanted everything within 45 days.

We sent his decree absolute because he'd just received notice he had it. He had to make appointments for both the FBI and Israeli police checks and they both said it would be about two months before he gets them. We are still waiting.

On October 9 CIC wanted me, the sponsor, to prove I was living in/intended to come back to, Canada.

His medicals run out later this month so who knows what will happen next.

My partner is loving being with me in Canada but frustrated because he can't work.

Cheer up they said, it can always get worse. So I cheered up and guess what, it got worse. Actually we are lucky compared to some people on here. It's not for the faint of heart that's for sure.

Jonesy