09-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2011 Buffalo, transferred to New York on 16-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2011
Passport Req..
05-March-2012
Hi there,

My husband and i live in Toronto now. I'm a sponsor, We applied outland- Buffalo. we just sent our application on 7 Sept.2011.
My husband got a new offer from a company yesterday. He will quit the current job and start a new job in Oct.

At this stage, i think our application was delivered to Mississauga last week, we don't have File No. or other info. about our application.
Should we inform the Immigration for this change? Should we inform Mississauga office or Buffalo Office after we get File No. or sth like that?
How should we contact them?

Thanks a lot in advance!

sshelton

May 30, 2011
Hi all,

I just thought I would post a quick note about how landing went for my wife and I yesterday. She's an American, so we drove down to Buffalo to pick up the visa and land after receiving our PPR on 9/9/11. Everything went very smooth. I would suggest that anyone who is planning on driving down, etc. to definitely adhere to the information on the Buffalo thread here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-buffalo-applicants-t41886.4620.html. OCU_canada's information at the bottom of the page is spot on and we were first in line at the consulate and out 2 hours later because of it.

The one issue we did run into was that my wife had planned two flights to the US before we got the PPR. We didn't find out that this could potentially be a problem until the officer told us AFTER we landed. He said that if we didn't have the PR card before she leaves (which we probably won't), she may have trouble getting on a flight back to Canada from the US. Apparently the airlines aren't officially supposed to let a Canadian permanent resident on without their PR card. He said that if she gets through, then immigration won't care (since they issued her residency), but that we should check with the policy of the airlines. Has anyone had experience with this before? I checked with the airlines and they told me that they don't check for that stuff, but we're a bit worried that she won't be able to get on her flight. We're totally ecstatic to have this complete, but I think he really should have told us before we landed. FYI, apparently this is only an issue with flying across the border. If we were to drive it would be no problem. Oy.

Thanks to all of you for your support, and the rest of you hang in there!

yvzp

Sep 11, 2011
sshelton said:
Hi all,

I just thought I would post a quick note about how landing went for my wife and I yesterday. She's an American, so we drove down to Buffalo to pick up the visa and land after receiving our PPR on 9/9/11. Everything went very smooth. I would suggest that anyone who is planning on driving down, etc. to definitely adhere to the information on the Buffalo thread here: OCU_canada's information at the bottom of the page is spot on and we were first in line at the consulate and out 2 hours later because of it.

The one issue we did run into was that my wife had planned two flights to the US before we got the PPR. We didn't find out that this could potentially be a problem until the officer told us AFTER we landed. He said that if we didn't have the PR card before she leaves (which we probably won't), she may have trouble getting on a flight back to Canada from the US. Apparently the airlines aren't officially supposed to let a Canadian permanent resident on without their PR card. He said that if she gets through, then immigration won't care (since they issued her residency), but that we should check with the policy of the airlines. Has anyone had experience with this before? I checked with the airlines and they told me that they don't check for that stuff, but we're a bit worried that she won't be able to get on her flight. We're totally ecstatic to have this complete, but I think he really should have told us before we landed. FYI, apparently this is only an issue with flying across the border. If we were to drive it would be no problem. Oy.

Thanks to all of you for your support, and the rest of you hang in there!
This is actually one of the things I have been worrying about. My papers for when we land say that we should not leave the country till we get the pr card. We plan on landing at the end of Oct. So till the 2 months it will take to get the pr card we will have my sons birthday and Christmas. We live right next to the Canadian border and will be moving just to the other side of the border. You think they won't have trouble with people driving across the border before you get the pr card?

sshelton

May 30, 2011
yvzp said:
This is actually one of the things I have been worrying about. My papers for when we land say that we should not leave the country till we get the pr card. We plan on landing at the end of Oct. So till the 2 months it will take to get the pr card we will have my sons birthday and Christmas. We live right next to the Canadian border and will be moving just to the other side of the border. You think they won't have trouble with people driving across the border before you get the pr card?
CAN border officers told me repeatedly that there shouldn't be a problem with driving. It's just the airlines that MIGHT give you hassle.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, that's my point - there is no relationship between In Process and PPR. If e-CAS started showing you In Process, you could get PPR the day after, or months after. There's no relationship between In Process, as shown by e-CAS, and actually being in process either, for crying out loud. The best way to know if you're actually "in process" is to order GCMS notes.

Having said that, I hope that everyone who's In Process will get their PPR as soon as possible.

Trish1982 said:
Well, I've been "In Process" since March...according to the reply to one of my email inquirys to Buffalo. . .if it truly only takes about a month after in process-then we are long due for a PPR. :/ Grrr

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC's own operating procedures document says, in the section entitled Acknowledgment of Receipt, that "Visa offices will respond to applications for permanent residence within four (4) weeks from the
date of receipt of the application."

It's nice to know that Buffalo can cut corners on this, but they feel obliged to ask for police clearances when someone has not quite lived in a particular country long enough to need them, by CIC's own rules. ::)

quagaar145 said:
The email they sent had my file number in the subject line and was the general reply of "your application is in process and we cannot provide a timeline of when it will be complete." No one ever said "we received your application" or anything, but I figured it was close enough?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure you'll have the choice:

"The application for permanent residence for members of this class no longer gives applicants a
choice as to which office will process their applications. CPC-Mississauga, which receives the
applications, will make this determination pursuant to R11 and will forward the file to the
appropriate visa office. The option of selecting the office where the sponsor wanted the
application to be processed has been deleted from the "application for sponsorship and
undertaking."

That's from the Aug. 18, 2011 iteration of their overseas processing manual #1.

gatherroses said:
Thanks!! I think we'll do Paris as well. Congratulations on your husband's status!!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should wait until he starts the job in October. Hopefully the file will be at Buffalo by then.
sandraqi said:
Hi there,

My husband and i live in Toronto now. I'm a sponsor, We applied outland- Buffalo. we just sent our application on 7 Sept.2011.
My husband got a new offer from a company yesterday. He will quit the current job and start a new job in Oct.

At this stage, i think our application was delivered to Mississauga last week, we don't have File No. or other info. about our application.
Should we inform the Immigration for this change? Should we inform Mississauga office or Buffalo Office after we get File No. or sth like that?
How should we contact them?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Well I check my emails this morning and my CAIPS notes are here.They apologized for the email yesterday and said It was sent by mistake.So It says medicals are passed but nothing else has been started yet.

yvzp

Sep 11, 2011
Calgary-Bound said:
Well I check my emails this morning and my CAIPS notes are here.They apologized for the email yesterday and said It was sent by mistake.So It says medicals are passed but nothing else has been started yet.
That is good that that was a mistake.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
yvzp said:
That is good that that was a mistake.
It had me worried there was something wrong with my app.

Hey ddobro2 what I take from the CAIPS Is my AOR would of been 3/15/2011 If you want to update it.

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Too quiet here...

*tumbleweed*

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amaranth said:
Too quiet here...

*tumbleweed*
Quite bcos No either News or Moment...We not sure what has happened again.

Ganapatiom

Mar 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
Just found out that I'm "In Process" according to the CIC website. I know I shouldn't read into this, but I can't help celebrating. Its been almost 9 months now. I was so sure I'd be through all this months ago. This is the first bit of movement I've had in many many moons. It would be so great to start looking for a job. I guess you can add to the spread sheet, In Process as of 13/09/11.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Ok Im confused now.On my CAIPS notes the last update was In July and It says my sons medical Is passed and mine Is In progress.Security and criminality isnt started but again there hasnt been an update since July.But In ecas It says we started processing your app In Sep.If they just started processing It then how did the medicals already pass In July?Does the In process meen the final step before you get PPR and everything Is done?