WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
sshelton said:
CAN border officers told me repeatedly that there shouldn't be a problem with driving. It's just the airlines that MIGHT give you hassle.
The guard told us this too when my husband landed but then a week later when we were coming back from dinner in Sumas (El Nopal is like half a km from the border)... the guard gave my husband a hard time for "travelling abroad" already without his PR card and was very sure to point out the "not valid for travel" written across the COPR. My passport expires next week anyway and I'm waiting for my DL to come back with my new last name (even though my nexus card is suppossed to be good for travel) so we'll wait to cross again anyway just to avoid any hassles.

yvzp

Sep 11, 2011
Kess said:
The guard told us this too when my husband landed but then a week later when we were coming back from dinner in Sumas (El Nopal is like half a km from the border)... the guard gave my husband a hard time for "travelling abroad" already without his PR card and was very sure to point out the "not valid for travel" written across the COPR. My passport expires next week anyway and I'm waiting for my DL to come back with my new last name (even though my nexus card is suppossed to be good for travel) so we'll wait to cross again anyway just to avoid any hassles.
That would be the border I would most likely to be traveling through so I think I will avoid that then. Have you updated your nexus. I have to do the same thing with change of address and last name change.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kess said:
That border guard was an idiot who was pretending to have more power than he actually has.

yvzp

Sep 11, 2011
Does anyone know where I can find what I need to do with my belongings, like having a list or something and what I can not bring?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would go by the actions in GCMS and not the "in process" in e-CAS.
Calgary-Bound said:
Ok Im confused now.On my CAIPS notes the last update was In July and It says my sons medical Is passed and mine Is In progress.Security and criminality isnt started but again there hasnt been an update since July.But In ecas It says we started processing your app In Sep.If they just started processing It then how did the medicals already pass In July?Does the In process meen the final step before you get PPR and everything Is done?

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Hey fellow outland sponsors/applicants. My wife had been posting here but given how much busier we are prepping for baby I'll put in our timeline + update:

Application was sent May 27th, Received May 30th, sponsorship approval was July 5th, Buffalo received July 14th and that's where we are now waiting with what looks like a lot of you on a stalled Buffalo.

And a quick story. I'm a US citizen, been in Canada with my wife since April. She's in her 39th week of pregnancy. We decided to file outland due to the supposedly faster nature of being able to work/get OHIP. My 6 month stay was going to be up in early October which is only 1-2 weeks past baby's due date.

We initially were going to go inland for visitor extension rather than just attempt re-entry, however, since the border officer only scanned my passport in April and gave no stamp I had no proof of entry that the CIC would accept, therefore missing an essential part of the visitor extension app, I decided in desperation to call Peace Bridge and talk to an immigration officer at the point of entry. Not only was he nice about it, but he told me to use him as a reference, after I told him that I had everything ready for a visitor extension from a guarantor's letter to sponsorship approval letter from the CIC, extra proof of funds and support, and my wife went to Fort Erie with me. So sure enough a few days ago went down there with the stuff I had, went to the re-entry lane, and on the advice of the officer asked them for a visitor record, so went inside, explained the situation, they pulled the officer in who told me to reference his name, and on his advice they basically gave me a one year extension visitor record, stapled it in my passport, explained to me that if I needed to visit my dying grandmother in Georgia, US, I could use the VR for re-entry, and if the application somehow took longer than a year I could come back to them provided similar conditions and they'd give me another year.

Sufficed to say they are much more reasonable than officers at the US points of entry when dealing with my wife when she came to visit.

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
yvzp said:
That would be the border I would most likely to be traveling through so I think I will avoid that then. Have you updated your nexus. I have to do the same thing with change of address and last name change.
Well guard # 10189 (they don't wear name tages) processed my husband's landing and he was really nice to deal with :p

I am waiting for my DL to come back so I can get my passport renewed then I was going to bother with making a nexus appointment.

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy day! Got an e-cas update that my hubby's application is in process as of Sept 15th :D Here's hoping it will be processed smoothly, without further delays.

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Congrats Kayan.... Nice to see movement for you.

Hopefully you have the same luck as me.... I got that notice on a Sunday and my PPR came 2 days later.

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmshock said:
Congrats Kayan.... Nice to see movement for you.

Hopefully you have the same luck as me.... I got that notice on a Sunday and my PPR came 2 days later.
Thanks!! I doubt it will be so quick since only last week our MP told us there was no work done on our file yet, but we're hoping to get it by christmas :)

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As we are about to start a new week, we hope this week bring forth more PPR/PRV....Is like we,ve been waiting forever!!

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
hello folks,
I have some questions about sponsoring my wife. I would truly appreciate any informations. I am in the process of applying sponsorhip application for my wife. right now she is in usa in student visa. my questions is During the step 1 sponsorship evaluation process will it be okay if i leave canada after submitting my application and come back in a month? ( i am not canadian citizen and only a PR holder)
my next question is its only been 2 days I have landed in canada and dont have any jobs lined up. will that affect in anway in my sponsorship application for my wife?

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kayan said:
Happy day! Got an e-cas update that my hubby's application is in process as of Sept 15th :D Here's hoping it will be processed smoothly, without further delays.
See, every time I really feel like I should send yet another enquiry or otherwise raise a stink with Buffalo, someone sees movement that makes me pause... Since both you and Ganapatiom are *in process* this week, I wonder if I should hold off the enquiry just a little longer... :-X

(Also, congrats! ;D )