Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vanwilder said:
hello folks,
I have some questions about sponsoring my wife. I would truly appreciate any informations. I am in the process of applying sponsorhip application for my wife. right now she is in usa in student visa. my questions is During the step 1 sponsorship evaluation process will it be okay if i leave canada after submitting my application and come back in a month? ( i am not canadian citizen and only a PR holder)
my next question is its only been 2 days I have landed in canada and dont have any jobs lined up. will that affect in anway in my sponsorship application for my wife?
PRs must be living in Canada while the sponsorship application is being processed. If you were only leaving for two weeks - that would be OK. I think a month is too long and you'd be risking having your application rejected. I would wait until after this trip before submitting the application.

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
thanks a lot Scylla, what about I submit the step 1 application for sponsorship application and once it gets approved which i think will normally take 2 months than take a trip outside canada for a month and apply for step 2 when I come back . let me know if there is something wrong . I really appreciate the information. thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vanwilder said:
thanks a lot Scylla, what about I submit the step 1 application for sponsorship application and once it gets approved which i think will normally take 2 months than take a trip outside canada for a month and apply for step 2 when I come back . let me know if there is something wrong . I really appreciate the information. thank you!
You're supposed to be living in Canada for the entire processing period of the application (both stage 1 and stage 2). So I would either limit your trip to 2-3 weeks or submit the application after your trip to avoid risking having your application refused for non-residency.

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
vanwilder said:
The entire application has to be submitted at the same time. You can't send it in 2 parts.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
amaranth said:
The entire application has to be submitted at the same time. You can't send it in 2 parts.

Read the original question too quickly! Amaranth is absolutely correct. Both parts of the application have to be submitted at once. (Thanks for the correction amaranth!)

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
scylla said:
Read the original question too quickly! Amaranth is absolutely correct. Both parts of the application have to be submitted at once. (Thanks for the correction amaranth!)
Thanks a lot scylla and amarnath! if application has to be submitted all at once i am little concerned because I myself just came from usa and its only been 1 month i got married. we went to the court to get married. Overall it has only been 3 months I have known her but both of us fell in love to the extent that we decided to get married. since I was also in usa in work visa we didnt had any family members joining us during marriage as they were all back home neither there was any kind of ceremony. but the plan is once my wife's school semester is over sometime in december we 'll go to our home country and get married according to our traditions. Due to all this I am little concerned if CIC will question if the marriage is geniune or not. I dont have much idea exactly how to prove marriage is geniune. I have pictures cellphone records, marriage certificate and so on just some basic proofs. will it affect application in anyway? if thats so I can wait until december get married back home and only file the application. I only wanted to apply sooner so that the application can get processed quick and my wife can decide about her further education. any idea folks

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amaranth said:
See, every time I really feel like I should send yet another enquiry or otherwise raise a stink with Buffalo, someone sees movement that makes me pause... Since both you and Ganapatiom are *in process* this week, I wonder if I should hold off the enquiry just a little longer... :-X

(Also, congrats! ;D )
Awe, amaranth, I was hoping you got your in process yesterday as well since all our dates match up so nicely :( Come on, Buffalo!!

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Ambber29 said:
Hi,

How much is the tax for vehicle? if the loan is not paid off?
I just asked this question also so I ended up calling the border patrol and there isnt a tax for the vehicle if you are landing as a permanent resident.You get a one time exempt on the vehicle when you land.If you go back a few pages I wrote I post about this with the website you can get the form you need to fill out when you land with the vehicle.I cant remember the site off the top of my head sorry.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
vanwilder said:
Thanks a lot scylla and amarnath! if application has to be submitted all at once i am little concerned because I myself just came from usa and its only been 1 month i got married. we went to the court to get married. Overall it has only been 3 months I have known her but both of us fell in love to the extent that we decided to get married. since I was also in usa in work visa we didnt had any family members joining us during marriage as they were all back home neither there was any kind of ceremony. but the plan is once my wife's school semester is over sometime in december we 'll go to our home country and get married according to our traditions. Due to all this I am little concerned if CIC will question if the marriage is geniune or not. I dont have much idea exactly how to prove marriage is geniune. I have pictures cellphone records, marriage certificate and so on just some basic proofs. will it affect application in anyway? if thats so I can wait until december get married back home and only file the application. I only wanted to apply sooner so that the application can get processed quick and my wife can decide about her further education. any idea folks
You said that you just landed 2 days ago and you don't have a job yet. How were you sponsored to Canada, or how did you get accepted as a PR to Canada???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Stumpedmom said:
You said that you just landed 2 days ago and you don't have a job yet. How were you sponsored to Canada, or how did you get accepted as a PR to Canada???
Looking at the OP's older posts, it looks like he landed last year and then returned to the US. I think he returned to Canada two days ago rather than landed.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
gotcha...just read through the old posts...Looks like OP was nominated through the Alberta Provincial Nominee program in June of this year, landed and Vancouver, and is living in Toronto, and may not go to Alberta. May that cause an issue??

The fact that OP has known spouse for 3 months only...that means that OP likely knew spouse when they landed so that could cause problems no??

**Edit** they have only known each other 3 months, been married a month...either way you look at this, I think that the OP needs to be very well prepared along with the spouse for an interview....to prove the genuineness of the marriage...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you declare to CIC in any way that you were still single in the three past months? Because if you did, I'm worried they might see that as misrepresentation when they see your PR sponsorship application and the details of your relationship.

In any case, we're actually not too different in how we handled the marriage. We also had a judge marry us, no guests, a photo session afterwards, and no honeymoon apart from my husband and I staying in a hotel in my city (to him, it was probably as good as a honeymoon because he was in the U.S. for the first time.) You know what? People spend hundreds of thousands of dollars every day on weddings and get divorced months later. So I hope CIC does not use these circumstances as part of their "genuineness barometer." We've been married one year this past June, by the way.
vanwilder said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, welcome. So your wife has been posting on here, huh? I'm wondering what her screenname is.....

Congrats on your upcoming little one and glad to hear you got that visitor record thing cleared up. With Buffalo receiving your file in mid-July, I'm predicting it'll be at the very least two more months of waiting for you guys. Take care and keep us posted on your file's progress.

Bargeld said:
Hey fellow outland sponsors/applicants. My wife had been posting here but given how much busier we are prepping for baby I'll put in our timeline + update:

Application was sent May 27th, Received May 30th, sponsorship approval was July 5th, Buffalo received July 14th and that's where we are now waiting with what looks like a lot of you on a stalled Buffalo.

And a quick story. I'm a US citizen, been in Canada with my wife since April. She's in her 39th week of pregnancy. We decided to file outland due to the supposedly faster nature of being able to work/get OHIP. My 6 month stay was going to be up in early October which is only 1-2 weeks past baby's due date.

We initially were going to go inland for visitor extension rather than just attempt re-entry, however, since the border officer only scanned my passport in April and gave no stamp I had no proof of entry that the CIC would accept, therefore missing an essential part of the visitor extension app, I decided in desperation to call Peace Bridge and talk to an immigration officer at the point of entry. Not only was he nice about it, but he told me to use him as a reference, after I told him that I had everything ready for a visitor extension from a guarantor's letter to sponsorship approval letter from the CIC, extra proof of funds and support, and my wife went to Fort Erie with me. So sure enough a few days ago went down there with the stuff I had, went to the re-entry lane, and on the advice of the officer asked them for a visitor record, so went inside, explained the situation, they pulled the officer in who told me to reference his name, and on his advice they basically gave me a one year extension visitor record, stapled it in my passport, explained to me that if I needed to visit my dying grandmother in Georgia, US, I could use the VR for re-entry, and if the application somehow took longer than a year I could come back to them provided similar conditions and they'd give me another year.

Sufficed to say they are much more reasonable than officers at the US points of entry when dealing with my wife when she came to visit.

mrswolfe

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2011
Nomination.....
04-20-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-19-2011
LANDED..........
09-25-2011
kayan said:
Happy day! Got an e-cas update that my hubby's application is in process as of Sept 15th :D Here's hoping it will be processed smoothly, without further delays.
That's so great!