+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can they please dust up our file and transfer it to Seattle, but I will also take NYC, LA or anywhere else for that matter as long as it gets moving. Everyone who hears our story cannot believe how long it is taking for a US national married to a Canadian to immigrate to Canada :mad:

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kayan said:
Can they please dust up our file and transfer it to Seattle, but I will also take NYC, LA or anywhere else for that matter as long as it gets moving. Everyone who hears our story cannot believe how long it is taking for a US national married to a Canadian to immigrate to Canada :mad:
This. I wanted it to stay in Buffalo because of the convenience (live there), and I really don't want to mail my passport anywhere (fear of it getting lost, etc.), but damn... TRANSFER IT ALREADY! :mad:

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
kayan said:
Same here. There are probably enough people now who've heard my story and are amazed/outraged by it to stage a good-sized coup of the VO. :(

seattlegirl

Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 28, 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 10, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept 20, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 13, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 09, 2012
amaranth said:
December 17th. There is no rhyme or reason to how Buffalo does things. It's ridiculous.
How frustrating. Hopefully since I'm from Seattle they will pass my file that way (fingers crossed and double crossed) :D

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seattlegirl said:
How frustrating. Hopefully since I'm from Seattle they will pass my file that way (fingers crossed and double crossed) :D
My hubby is in Seattle, and our file has been sitting in Buffalo since January. I haven't seen anyone being transferred to Seattle on this forum.

quagaar145

Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
Doc's Request.
12-09-2011
AOR Received.
18-07-2011
File Transfer...
03-03-2011
Med's Done....
24-01-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Great, two "in process"es for Sept. 12 today. You also went to in process without ever getting an AOR?
Yes, unless you count when I forced a file number from them back in July.

Bad news when I got home and checked the mail today though. They are asking for a police clearance from the UK, where I lived for just under 6 months. They don't ask for specific dates on the application form about when you have lived where, so by counting months it looks like I was there for 6 months when really it was 5 months and 2 weeks. Kind of bums me out, but I had already requested the UK one in preparation for that so it is good to go anyway. I just wish I had thought about that before submitting my application originally.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well if it they got back to you with an automated message style email and it had your application number and the words, "This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on xxxx," that's your AOR. Not sure if you mean someone just responded to you with the application number unofficially though.

I'm surprised about that request for a police check from the UK because CIC specifically states that one "must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18." I guess they are getting picky now by asking people who didn't quite make it to 6 months for one. God forbid you just take that 6 month rule literally and help someone get their visa a bit sooner ::)

quagaar145 said:
Yes, unless you count when I forced a file number from them back in July.

Bad news when I got home and checked the mail today though. They are asking for a police clearance from the UK, where I lived for just under 6 months. They don't ask for specific dates on the application form about when you have lived where, so by counting months it looks like I was there for 6 months when really it was 5 months and 2 weeks. Kind of bums me out, but I had already requested the UK one in preparation for that so it is good to go anyway. I just wish I had thought about that before submitting my application originally.

mrswolfe

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2011
Nomination.....
04-20-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-19-2011
LANDED..........
09-25-2011
YAY! That is some good progress =)

quagaar145 said:
Finally got an e-cas update today!

"We started processing your application on September 12, 2011.

Medical results have been received."

I am very very happy to hear something. I got my file number from Buffalo back in July only after bugging them through email a couple of times, but since then I have been stuck at "application received."

Hopefully this means someone in Buffalo has woken up this week and we will hear more soon!

mrswolfe

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2011
Nomination.....
04-20-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-19-2011
LANDED..........
09-25-2011
pmary said:
:D Finally !!! I got an ecas update . My file is IN PROCESS : We started processing your application on September 12, 2011.
Dear Friends , how long do you think to get a PPR ? :)
Congrats! We received our PPR within a couple of weeks of becoming "in progress".

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could order GCMS notes to find out where they are in the processing.

As much as we all would love there to be a clear pattern of PPR soon following in-process, unforch it does not look like there is one. From looking at the dates on the spreadsheet, for those of who have BOTH an in-process date AND a PPR date, the average time between in-process and PPR is about 62 days, but the variation is large. Kess had more than a 10 month difference between in-process and PPR, for example, while mossee and mmshock had 1 and 2 days between, respectively.

pmary said:
I have a representative ( MP ? ) . Maybe she got that email . But I did not get any email from Buffalo .
ddobro2 , do you know how long does it take to get an PPR after In process ? do you think thay did my background check by now ? or my medical ? :D I am in a hurry ;D

Trish1982

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
03-31-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 LA
Well, I've been "In Process" since March...according to the reply to one of my email inquirys to Buffalo. . .if it truly only takes about a month after in process-then we are long due for a PPR. :/ Grrr

quagaar145

Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
Doc's Request.
12-09-2011
AOR Received.
18-07-2011
File Transfer...
03-03-2011
Med's Done....
24-01-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Well if it they got back to you with an automated message style email and it had your application number and the words, "This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on xxxx," that's your AOR. Not sure if you mean someone just responded to you with the application number unofficially though.

I'm surprised about that request for a police check from the UK because CIC specifically states that one "must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18." I guess they are getting picky now by asking people who didn't quite make it to 6 months for one. God forbid you just take that 6 month rule literally and help someone get their visa a bit sooner ::)
The email they sent had my file number in the subject line and was the general reply of "your application is in process and we cannot provide a timeline of when it will be complete." No one ever said "we received your application" or anything, but I figured it was close enough?

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trish1982 said:
Well, I've been "In Process" since March...according to the reply to one of my email inquirys to Buffalo. . .if it truly only takes about a month after in process-then we are long due for a PPR. :/ Grrr
I have been in process since the spring too according to the generic response we got from Buffalo to one of our email inquires. Unfortunately, there is a reason why it is generic since I don't think they even look at the files. Otherwise, they would know that our application is definitely not in process.

yvzp

Sep 11, 2011
seattlegirl said:
I live just north of Seattle, and I don't think my papers ever left Buffalo.