Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
mmshock said:
Noooo! I was so sure you would have heard something.

What is going on with our dear friends in Buffalo! Is it that much to ask to just let us know our files arrived? I am also needing to change my address ASAP but can't really do so until I know where the durn thing is!
I hate to say it but I'm glad you're in the same boat as I. I just thought ours was the unlucky application that has been lost! But if you haven't heard from them yet then maybe we will hear from them soon.

What are our options?!

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
JustandDaph said:
I hate to say it but I'm glad you're in the same boat as I. I just thought ours was the unlucky application that has been lost! But if you haven't heard from them yet then maybe we will hear from them soon.

What are our options?!
Well... I phoned Mississauga yesterday. The lady there informed me that after about 44ish days, we can call Buffalo to confirm receipt and if at that time, they have no information, then we can contact Mississauga and they will track the package to verify receipt as they use a courier of sorts. So I asked her specifically if they have a tracking number, and she said, "Don't worry, if it hasn't arrived by then, we have a record and we will be able to help you".

I hope what she said was right... these are the same people who said that they'd never heard of someone getting their sponsor approval by e-mail... and yet we all did...

I also asked her, since my letter was supposedly mailed to me on May 3, if there is some way to get it re-sent so that my husband has a record of our application and sponsor approval when he comes across the border next month, and she advised me that they have to allow Canada Post three weeks to return the letter... and after 3 weeks, if it hasn't arrived, then we can call them back and they will resend it. I'm really hoping that is true too. AND that the next person I talk to there knows what this girl seemed to know lol. It's so hit-or-miss.

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
jayde said:
Well... I phoned Mississauga yesterday. The lady there informed me that after about 44ish days, we can call Buffalo to confirm receipt and if at that time, they have no information, then we can contact Mississauga and they will track the package to verify receipt as they use a courier of sorts. So I asked her specifically if they have a tracking number, and she said, "Don't worry, if it hasn't arrived by then, we have a record and we will be able to help you".

I hope what she said was right... these are the same people who said that they'd never heard of someone getting their sponsor approval by e-mail... and yet we all did...

I also asked her, since my letter was supposedly mailed to me on May 3, if there is some way to get it re-sent so that my husband has a record of our application and sponsor approval when he comes across the border next month, and she advised me that they have to allow Canada Post three weeks to return the letter... and after 3 weeks, if it hasn't arrived, then we can call them back and they will resend it. I'm really hoping that is true too. AND that the next person I talk to there knows what this girl seemed to know lol. It's so hit-or-miss.
Which number are we to call in Buffalo? I've called them once and all i got was an automated phone system. Maybe I didn't do it right. But I'm hoping it won't come to 44 days to have to call them. Such a hassle. It's frustrating as the problems that we are facing is caused by things out of our hands.

All I can think of is that news story how immigration canada had sent a number of applications to a residential address by "accident" and am terrified that it's happened to our applications!

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Just checked mine this morning and it was finally updated, albeit over a week late! Buffalo received my application early last week....

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
mmshock said:
Just checked mine this morning and it was finally updated, albeit over a week late! Buffalo received my application early last week....
Yay! At least you know now! Still nothing for me, just checked now

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
I just checked and mine finally updated, it says We received *************'s application for permanent residence on May 13, 2011

I'm sure yours will be soon. It's nice to know Buffalo is finally getting back on track.

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
jayde said:
I just checked and mine finally updated, it says We received *************'s application for permanent residence on May 13, 2011

I'm sure yours will be soon. It's nice to know Buffalo is finally getting back on track.
I hope so! Not sure how much longer I can keep it together :(

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Grrrrrrrr! I am feeling for you JustandDaph and was hoping I'd see better news from you this morning, as a few peoples statuses have changed in the past 12 hours. And according to the Buffalo thread it seems that they had a productive week!

Fingers and toes crossed

x

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
mmshock said:
Grrrrrrrr! I am feeling for you JustandDaph and was hoping I'd see better news from you this morning, as a few peoples statuses have changed in the past 12 hours. And according to the Buffalo thread it seems that they had a productive week!

Fingers and toes crossed

x
Thanks for the love!! I will check status more often today. What else can I really do anyways?

concrete

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
05-01-2011
ecas update: medicals received in accra ;)

that's the first i've heard such an update. is this the norm? is this a good sign?

irishnova

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
anyone via London get an AOR yet from them?
how long did it take after the file was transferred?

thanks,
IN

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
London dont send out actual AORs.
If you log into ecas it will say we received your application to sponsor XXX on.... and then a date.
This is what people have been using as the AOR.
Mine was about 9 or 10 days after the the date of the sponsorship approval letter from mississauga.

janamay1967

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Houston Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2011
This information was posted on another thread by 4maple-1eagle. I thought it would be helpful.

JM (I'm an English teacher, I have to cite all my sources...LOL)

FROM 4MAPLE-1EAGLE:
I have read through alot of "dual intent" posts at this forum. I was surprised to see so many people adamently advising "don't bring possessions or say anything about your in-process PR app or intention to apply for PR, at the border, if you are coming across as a visitor" or "come across separately from the family" as a visitor. Why is everyone so afraid of "dual intent"?

As I read the "dual intent" stuff in Operational Bulletin 131 (from July 6, 2009), http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob131.asp ,
the Canadian immigration law seems to be pretty straight-forward on the topic. It is perfectly legitimate for me, for example, (a US Citizen) to have an outland PR application in process (sponsored by the Canadian wife), and for me to come to the border with my whole family (Canadian wife and our 4 canadian citizen kids) and for me to come across as a visitor, while my PR is in process? My wife should even be able to bring all "her" possessions, which she's entitled to.

As I read the law, I should be able to tell the IO that my outland PR app is in process, and I"m coming across as a visitor in the interim. If I have ties back to the US (like owning a property there, having a registered business there, clients there, all family there --- which I do --- ), and can show money to support myself while in Canada, that should be enough, right? We are both self-employed and will not be beholden to some employment in Canada per se that would require some separation if the PR app went sideways.

The only subjective part of the process I can see is that the IO has to be convinced that I'll leave Canada if required to do so (i.e. if my visitor status lapses and is refused renewal before the PR app is accepted, or if its denied, for some crazy reason). I would in fact leave, if required. If I have all kinds of ties to the US, a completely legal no-criminal background, and the obvious need and desire to legally go to and from the US, isn't that enough to convince any IO that I have no reason to try and stay in Canada illegally if for some reason my PR app was delayed 1+ year or refused?

chinook65

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Colorado
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
File Transfer...
18-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-29-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2011
LANDED..........
01-09-2011
janamay1967 said:
This information was posted on another thread by 4maple-1eagle. I thought it would be helpful.

JM (I'm an English teacher, I have to cite all my sources...LOL)

FROM 4MAPLE-1EAGLE:
I have read through alot of "dual intent" posts at this forum. I was surprised to see so many people adamently advising "don't bring possessions or say anything about your in-process PR app or intention to apply for PR, at the border, if you are coming across as a visitor" or "come across separately from the family" as a visitor. Why is everyone so afraid of "dual intent"?

As I read the "dual intent" stuff in Operational Bulletin 131 (from July 6, 2009), http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob131.asp ,
the Canadian immigration law seems to be pretty straight-forward on the topic. It is perfectly legitimate for me, for example, (a US Citizen) to have an outland PR application in process (sponsored by the Canadian wife), and for me to come to the border with my whole family (Canadian wife and our 4 canadian citizen kids) and for me to come across as a visitor, while my PR is in process? My wife should even be able to bring all "her" possessions, which she's entitled to.

As I read the law, I should be able to tell the IO that my outland PR app is in process, and I"m coming across as a visitor in the interim. If I have ties back to the US (like owning a property there, having a registered business there, clients there, all family there --- which I do --- ), and can show money to support myself while in Canada, that should be enough, right? We are both self-employed and will not be beholden to some employment in Canada per se that would require some separation if the PR app went sideways.

The only subjective part of the process I can see is that the IO has to be convinced that I'll leave Canada if required to do so (i.e. if my visitor status lapses and is refused renewal before the PR app is accepted, or if its denied, for some crazy reason). I would in fact leave, if required. If I have all kinds of ties to the US, a completely legal no-criminal background, and the obvious need and desire to legally go to and from the US, isn't that enough to convince any IO that I have no reason to try and stay in Canada illegally if for some reason my PR app was delayed 1+ year or refused?
We're driving up to Calgary next week. My wife and children are staying for two weeks and I'm flying back to the U.S. after one week. I'm bringing my flight itinerary, copy of PR application, deed to my home and job status from work to demonstrate that we're coming back to the U.S. if they ask and want to see documentation. I didn't do all this work to sneak in... LOL!

concrete

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
05-01-2011
hubby got an email today :)

interview requested for aug 31!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we bless God

i'm a bit annoyed at how far away they set it but thankful nonetheless. i'm presently in nigeria with hubby and now thinking of staying until aug.

the email mentioned that accompanying family members must be present. just wanting to confirm...does that mean baby and i need to be there? i'm guessing no.