Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Stumpedmom said:
Is there nothing on E-cas?? My husband has not gotten anything by mail but it was late this past week that E-cas updated to receieved from Buffalo
Nothing on ecas at all! It still just says "not available"

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Thanks Fizzlefunk!

My husband is actually going to meet up with his brother in detroit and put the u-haul on his car and the two of them will schlep it over. Im then going to cross over later on my own with similar documents (bank statements, house info, receipts, etc.) I will also have a flight already booked in a few weeks time to head back to my parents for my friends wedding. He'll have the dog and stuff, so all I'll really have is a suitcase.

Justanddaph - I truly believe the ecas system is just a bit slow. It looks like Stumpedmom's wasn't updated until a week after it was received in Buffalo.(Apologies if I am wrong!) I am still waiting for mine as well, albeit it was sent over a bit later. I will hit the two week point as of tomorrow.

I am just wondering, I live in the Caribbean and will be leaving on 11th July to head up to the states and travel around for a bit. When can I change my address? Will that slow my processing? I figure its best to have all the things sent from now to my parents house as mail here can be incredulously slow. If I am lucky enough to get an AOR sent in early June, NO WAY will it make it before I leave!

Can anyone tell me the best way to go about this?

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Wow, Sorry to bring up border crossing again.

While we will be relocating to Ontario and I'm overly concerned about my August crossing (even with a return plane ticket and other documents) I totally forgot that part of our travels in July will include 3 weeks in Western Canada, flying from Las Vegas to Edmonton, Edmonton to Vancouver, and then flying from Vancouver to my parents in Omaha, NE for another ten days or so before we drive up to Ontario.

Should I be concerned about officers at the airport? I'll probably just have one checked bag and evidence of my return flight back to Omaha. Should I prepare the same documents and go through the line with my husband and let them know I'm applying for PR? Or should I wait for them to ask me? Or go through the line on my own?

Just planning ahead here! Thanks

hopetoland

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 2011
@mmshock,

have the same kind of little fear, we are flying in august to edmonton my husband oneway myself i have a returne ticket.
can they see in their system that i applied for the pr or should i say something? but there should be no reason why i could not visit canada?

wish everybody a nice day :)

chinook65

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Colorado
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
File Transfer...
18-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-29-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2011
LANDED..........
01-09-2011
hopetoland said:
@ mmshock,

have the same kind of little fear, we are flying in august to edmonton my husband oneway myself i have a returne ticket.
can they see in their system that i applied for the pr or should i say something? but there should be no reason why i could not visit canada?

wish everybody a nice day :)
I'm in the same boat also. We're driving up to Calgary from Denver soon. My wife is staying for two weeks while I'm flying back after one week and returning to pick up my family and drive them home. I figure that I'll bring my photocopied documentation, flight itineraries, business cards and any other proof of my return that I can find.

Does anyone know if we are required to declare that we have an active application for permanent residency at customs or border crossings? Doesn't matter to me either way. I just want to follow the correct procedures.

Thanks!

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and this whole immigration thing.
My Canadian wife is sponsoring me, we are doing the outland procedure ( she in Canada and I'm abroad) and she sent our package on the 3rd of March 2011. We included all the necessary documents,proof of marriage,photos,the forms, I mean we doubled checked everything and we even sent more than we should basically.

The thing is we haven't heard from Mississauga at all, we sent our package 2months ago and its been more than the specified time, on the CIC website it's around 44 days to process, but its been way more than that. We called the call centre today, because it says on the website if its longer than the specified date to contact them,so we did, my wife spoke with agent and basically he said its still being processed and they haven't made a decision yet. The agent said maybe by next month we should hear from them.. I mean its really frustrating.. Our case isn't that complicated,it's straight forward so I just don't get it why this delay. They say 44 days to process it, but its clearly taking longer than that..

Anyways, wondering if someone had a similar experience or I'm the impatient here?!

Thanks,

PS: sorry for my English, not my first language!

chinook65

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Colorado
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
File Transfer...
18-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-29-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2011
LANDED..........
01-09-2011
IndianOcean said:
My Canadian wife is sponsoring me, we are doing the outland procedure ( she in Canada and I'm abroad) and she sent our package on the 3rd of March 2011. We included all the necessary documents,proof of marriage,photos,the forms, I mean we doubled checked everything and we even sent more than we should basically.

The thing is we haven't heard from Mississauga at all, we sent our package 2months ago and its been more than the specified time, on the CIC website it's around 44 days to process, but its been way more than that. We called the call centre today, because it says on the website if its longer than the specified date to contact them,so we did, my wife spoke with agent and basically he said its still being processed and they haven't made a decision yet. The agent said maybe by next month we should hear from them.. I mean its really frustrating.. Our case isn't that complicated,it's straight forward so I just don't get it why this delay. They say 44 days to process it, but its clearly taking longer than that..

Anyways, wondering if someone had a similar experience or I'm the impatient here?!

Thanks,

Hang in there. Hopefully, you will get good news soon! Good Luck!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
IndianOcean said:

Thanks,

It took 54 days for them to make a decision on our case. They began processing on Mar 17 (application was received on Feb 15), a decision was made on May 9th. The delay in our case was caused by the need to get paperwork from ODSP regarding my husband's disability payment. At the time we filed, they were taking 28 days to make a decision. So sometimes a case takes longer than normal, but it will be done. Just keep following up every week or so.

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
chinook65 said:
Hang in there. Hopefully, you will get good news soon! Good Luck!
I really hope so. Thank You! Good luck there!

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
CharlieD10 said:
It took 54 days for them to make a decision on our case. They began processing on Mar 17 (application was received on Feb 15), a decision was made on May 9th. The delay in our case was caused by the need to get paperwork from ODSP regarding my husband's disability payment. At the time we filed, they were taking 28 days to make a decision. So sometimes a case takes longer than normal, but it will be done. Just keep following up every week or so.
Thank You for you reply. Makes me feel a little relieved knowing that. Hope to hear from them soon. Good luck there!

nicolapeeling

Jan 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
16-05-2011
File Transfer...
12-05-2011
Med's Done....
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
12-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
31-10-2011
I got the green light on sponsoring my hubby WAHOOOOOOO!!!!! London received his application on the 12th May and the meds have been received! I was so excited yesterday when i got my letter through the post! I hope all other March Applicants have had their good news!!!

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
Sorry I haven't updated the spreadsheet recently. I'll try to do it tomorrow.

I have not heard a peep from anything since April 7th....

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Just and Daph -

Curious if your ecas was updated as yet? I've gone past the two week point and it won't be long before that sickly feeling creeps in! Still "Not available."

Guess I should read my own advice and not worry about it, but its so easy to say and hard to do!

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
mmshock said:
Just and Daph -

Curious if your ecas was updated as yet? I've gone past the two week point and it won't be long before that sickly feeling creeps in! Still "Not available."

Guess I should read my own advice and not worry about it, but its so easy to say and hard to do!
Still haven't heard anything yet. I've already emailed buffalo about it but I doubt I'll hear back from you. I am so close to having a terrible breakdown. Not sure what to do now :( you havent heard about your status too??
I know everyone is feeling the pain of being apart

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Noooo! I was so sure you would have heard something.

What is going on with our dear friends in Buffalo! Is it that much to ask to just let us know our files arrived? I am also needing to change my address ASAP but can't really do so until I know where the durn thing is!