08-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
10-03-2012
LANDED..........
15-10-2012
Gemauru said:
I had exactly the same back in March (not just me, a bunch of 2011 inlanders...)
And a couple of days later I got the letters... In my case I even got the landing interview letter before the one with the confirmation of DM...
I posted this in the 2011 inland thread, but thought I would post here and see if anyone else has had similar correspondence.

Hey everyone,

Congrats to all those who have completed their journey and good luck to those of us still finishing. I wanted to ask if anyone has any opinions or advice on our situation right now. First a little background so you know where we are:

Sent application: March 8, 2011
CIC Processing Centre: Vegreville

E-cas status as of June 2011: In Process

We received your application for permanent residence on March 9, 2011
We started processing your application on April 5, 2011

OWP received in mail: February 22, 2012
AIP letter received in mail: February 24, 2012 (letter requested updated medical check and to obtain fingerprints)
Fingerprints done and sent February 28, 2012
Medical completed and sent: March 10, 2012

E-cas status as of September 8, 2012: Decision Made

We received your application for permanent residence on March 9, 2011
We started processing your application on April 5, 2011

A decision has been made you will be contacted

Medical results have been received

We sent you a letter on September 8, 2012 to ******* about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

We received a letter in the mail from the Vegreville centre on September 13, which read something like this "We are pleased to advise you we have completed processing your application for Permanent Residence....your file has been sent to the local CIC office in Vancouver. You must pay the ROPRF before receiving your PR. The local office will contact you with payment information and to confirm the date of your interview"

We received a letter in the mail from the Vancouver office on September 20, which reads

"This letter is to advise that we are now ready to finalize your application for Permanent Residence status in Canada. You have the option to come to the Vancouver office located at the above address or wait for the itinerant services delivery to come to your area. Please fax (***-***-****) or mail back this letter with your decision within 30 days on how you would like to finalize your application for Permanent Residence.

Once you have made your decision, we will contact you via mail for your scheduled appointment time and date.

Option A ____ I will wait for itinerant services delivery (at this time no time frame has been sent)

Option B ____ I will come to Vancouver to finalize my application for Permanent Residence. I will be available to come to Vancouver on the following dates and in between regular office hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm. ____________ (please provide specific date range and contact number)

If you have any questions please contact the Call Centre of Citizenship & Immigration Canada.

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Permanent Resident Card Unit"

The address for the Vancouver office is at Expo Boulevard. We read somewhere that the Expo office does not take payments for the ROPRF, and so we are uncertain how to pay the fee, we called the call centre and they said the local office will let you know how to pay and that we shouldn't pay it online anymore. Does anyone have any experience with this particular situation?

Also, the letter we received from Vancouver indicates we are to select which dates we are available to go to Vancouver, can we just pick any dates we want (ie: next week for example) and they will accommodate our availability? Again, we are curious if anyone has any advice or if you have had similar experience?

We are hoping it is finally almost over! It's been 1.5 years since we first sent in our application and we just want to make sure the last couple months goes as smoothly as possible.

Thanks for your replies!

squidrider

Sep 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
10-03-2012
LANDED..........
15-10-2012
Hi everyone, a quick update on my previous post for anyone interested. I finally got a hold of a call centre agent this morning and asked them about the letter regarding the two options for the interview and how to pay the residence fee, this is what he told me:

The letter with the options to go to Vancouver or wait because they have closed our local office now (in Victoria) and it may be a long journey to travel to Vancouver so they ask if there is a date range that we can travel there that would be best for us. So we are supposed to provide a specific date range and the Vancouver office will try their best to accommodate it.

He said that the right of permanent residence fee can be paid online, or at a bank, but you have to order the bank receipt form which could take a couple weeks to get, or you can pay when you show up. I asked if we paid it online, that we would then just print out the emailed receipt and bring it in? He said yes absolutely.

So what we are going to do next is fax back the form and put in a time range that is within the next two weeks and see how they respond. We are going to wait to pay online until after we receive a confirmation letter from Vancouver, as it may indicate a more specific payment request, but if not we'll pay it online as it's by far the fastest and easiest to do. I'll update again after we hear back from the Vancouver office.

squidrider

Sep 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
10-03-2012
LANDED..........
15-10-2012
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to write and give an update on our status. So we received a letter back from the Vancouver office that they were sending an IO to Victoria so we had our landing in Victoria instead of Vancouver. It was really casual and quick, probably 15 minutes from the time we entered until we left. So it is a huge relief to be done with this part and now we just have to wait for the PR card which should come in the mail 6-8 weeks we were told. Anyway we are so happy and thankful for all the help we received in this forum.

Good luck to everyone else who may still be waiting!!