Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Ugh. Right there with you in terms of frustration.

Our MP was semi-helpful in that they were able to find out that my file was complete/meds received/interview waived, but other than that they said the same thing that they can't do anything right now since my application is well within the estimated 11 mth processing period. We sent the forms to get my GCMS notes a couple of weeks ago. I have a feeling I'll get those before I get my PPR (I'm not very optimistic these days). I'm hoping they give me an indication as to why it's taking so long if my file is supposedly complete/there are no obvious problems.

pcdmontreal said:
We are still waiting too. I contacted my MP last week, but it was useless as they said they can't do anything before the 11 month mark.
This is so frustrating...

pcdmontreal

May 20, 2011
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
We have a pretty straight forward case as well. This whole thing just doesn't make any sense. Buffalo sense of organization is just a big joke.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
pcdmontreal said:
We have a pretty straight forward case as well. This whole thing just doesn't make any sense. Buffalo sense of organization is just a big joke.
I just noticed that you have listed in your signature line that your file was listed in process after an inquiry to Buffalo. Mine too! It didn't get updated to in process until the MP inquired on our behalf the first time in July. I also never got an AOR. Only got my file number a couple of weeks ago when I emailed Buffalo out of frustration (that was after the 2nd time the MP's office contacted them). Maybe we've got the same immigration officer handling our files. ::)

pcdmontreal

May 20, 2011
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
It sounds like it indeed ! And we have a very similar timeline. Hopefully we'll both get PPR this week ! Fingers crossed !

wefeia

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
tel aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2011 (approved)
Doc's Request.
June 2nd, 2011
AOR Received.
June 2nd 2011
File Transfer...
May 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2011
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
April 25 2015
im still waiting for my husband's PPR too. It really sucks. My MP just told me last week that they are only waiting for background checks to come back and everything else is positive. Im excited that we're almost done but at the same time my husbands medicals expire the beginning of january and i really wanted him here by our first anniversary (dec 25th). So i guess all we can really do is wait and hope for the best.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You got married on Christmas? How sweet.
wefeia said:
im still waiting for my husband's PPR too. It really sucks. My MP just told me last week that they are only waiting for background checks to come back and everything else is positive. Im excited that we're almost done but at the same time my husbands medicals expire the beginning of january and i really wanted him here by our first anniversary (dec 25th). So i guess all we can really do is wait and hope for the best.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
wefeia said:
Sounds like your husband I are in the same boat. That's what our MP's office told me last time we spoke to them about a month ago. Plus, my meds expire very soon as well. At this point I'm just hoping to get PPR and PR by the new year. If Santa is listening, all I want for Christmas is my PPR! Hehe. :)

Seriously though, I hope those of us in this situation hear something soon.

wefeia

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
tel aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
June 2nd, 2011
AOR Received.
June 2nd 2011
File Transfer...
May 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2011
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
April 25 2015
yup we got married on christmas :) It was wonderful.

They told me they started the background checks in the end of May and it could take up to 6 months or more. I hate that "or more" part because 6 months brings us to the end of Nov. so I'm really crossing my fingers. I feel like once the meds expires that opens up a whole year, I know it's not necesarly going to be another year but that's what it'll feel like to me. :(

I hope you guys hear something soon and be reunited with ur loved ones by the new year!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
wefeia said:
yup we got married on christmas :) It was wonderful.

They told me they started the background checks in the end of May and it could take up to 6 months or more. I hate that "or more" part because 6 months brings us to the end of Nov. so I'm really crossing my fingers. I feel like once the meds expires that opens up a whole year, I know it's not necesarly going to be another year but that's what it'll feel like to me. :(

I hope you guys hear something soon and be reunited with ur loved ones by the new year!
Holy crap, seriously? Though why am I surprised? They told me they started my check at the beginning of July and that it would take 1 to 3 mths. That's why we harassed the MP's office at the beginning of October. They didn't give us a new estimate then, just said that it wasn't done. I had read somewhere else that if you send a private demand for a background check on yourself by paper to the RCMP that it takes between 4 and 5 mths, which made me think that was possibly the actual processing time for CIC as well. I'm going to try and stay optimistic and hope they told you 6 mths knowing that it would probably take less than that, but not wanting you to bother them again before hand.

wefeia

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
tel aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
June 2nd, 2011
AOR Received.
June 2nd 2011
File Transfer...
May 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2011
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
April 25 2015
AmericaninQuebec said:
Holy crap, seriously? Though why am I surprised? They told me they started my check at the beginning of July and that it would take 1 to 3 mths. That's why we harassed the MP's office at the beginning of October. They didn't give us a new estimate then, just said that it wasn't done. I had read somewhere else that if you send a private demand for a background check on yourself by paper to the RCMP that it takes between 4 and 5 mths, which made me think that was possibly the actual processing time for CIC as well. I'm going to try and stay optimistic and hope they told you 6 mths knowing that it would probably take less than that, but not wanting you to bother them again before hand.
well i think it varies from 1 country to another. My husband is a palestinian being processed through tel aviv. I'm assuming that because it's a unsettled country they do deeper checks. It really sucks! My husband has never left his country and has nothing to do with any political issues and has a perfectly clean record. so i really thought that it wouldn't take this long. But i'm hoping like u said that they just said 6 months or more to keep me out of their hair.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Hi everyone. Anyone get PPRed this week? Still no movement on my file on e-cas and no PPR via mail or email yet. :-[

janamay1967

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Houston Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2011
:p :-\ ;D WE GOT THE REQUEST FOR PASSPORT THIS MORNING BY EMAIL!!! I AM THRILLED AND EXCITED!! THIS PROCESS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!!!
THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT EVERYONE!!

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011