Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PPR stands for passport request (with the extra p to distinguish it from permanent residency). Don't cry! You can't internalize this processing length, there are just too many variables, not the least of which is how quickly the IO that is working on your file does things. And I didn't mean to make you feel concerned when I said most Marchers got PPR. If anything, people from earlier months were left behind as CIC transitioned from the CAIPS system to the GCMS system so imagine how delayed their PPRs got.
AmericaninQuebec said:
Does PPR stand for permanent residency? Sorry, I don't know the lingo. I applied through Buffalo (they received my app in March) and I'm still waiting. Seriously, this morning it's really, truly getting to me. I'm so frustrated, and if you're saying that most people who applied through Buffalo in March have already gotten their residency and I haven't...well honestly it makes me want to break down in tears right now. :(

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
So... my husband's passport arrived in Fort Erie just about two weeks ago, (October 14) and today I noticed that e-cas has FINALLY updated his address to our Canadian address (we sent the change to Buffalo in MAY). I am "hoping" this means that someone has started working on his passport and updated the file while doing so, and I'm "hoping" this means that his COPR will be en route back to us soon.

PLEASE let it mean his passport will be here soon...

It's nerve wracking having his passport floating around out there somewhere. I also have a few days off next week and we were hoping to drive to the border so he can land while I'm off of work so we'd need Fort Erie to send his passport back soon.

/crosses fingers

Logically though... for the address to be changed out of the blue in e-cas... someone had to have had their fingers in his file right?

blah i'm going crazy! This whole process has given me a permanent case of bad nerves!!

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
LA got our passport yesterday morning... SO Hopefully not much longer now!

I find it funny that different visa offices have different procedures, like I thought that all the passports were supposed to go to Ft. Erie, but our letter specifically said send it to the office in LA. ANd then also how they have different requirements for pictures and stuff.. You'd think that they would all have uniform procedures.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
tulamoon said:

I find it funny that different visa offices have different procedures, like I thought that all the passports were supposed to go to Ft. Erie, but our letter specifically said send it to the office in LA. ANd then also how they have different requirements for pictures and stuff.. You'd think that they would all have uniform procedures.
And here I just posted in the Buffalo thread that it seems like there's no uniform procedure between the processing officers there, looks like it's even worse if you compare consulate offices! ;)

jkhaskett

Oct 19, 2011
Got my PPR today!!! For those who do not have it yet - I understand what you are going through but hang in there it will happen for you. I believe in good karma. Continue to be positive and be nice to all and good things will come. Good luck to all!

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
tulamoon said:

We had our passport back in our hands 1 week to the day from sending it....sooooo 6 days including weekend from the day they received it....hope all goes good for you!!!

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Hi everyone!!!! It's been a long time since I've updated here, my husband crossed over last Monday at Buffalo/Ontario border and it was a breeze.

We drove from Florida to Toronto in less than 20 driving hours total, split into two days. The majority was the first portion which took us through 7 states in 15 hours.

It was a pretty easy drive all the way and even to cross the border.

Accidently, we crossed over to Canada first and instead of getting the car title stamped on the American side first. Surprise, surprise, it was the American side that gave us problems.

When we drove up to the Canadian border crossing officer, we explained that we were looking to land, handed him my husbands US passport and visa, and was told to park at the CBSA office and head inside. Once inside, it was pretty straight-forward. The only hiccup we encountered was our original border officer had accidently crossed out my husband's visa inthe passport. Once that was cleared up, we handed over our list of goods and other required paperwork, received a "welcome to canada" package and hubby was welcomed to Canada! It pretty much took us 25 minutes to get everything done on the Canadian side.

We had to drive back over to the US to get his car exported out, that took a little over 20 minutes and hubby was free to go!

Last Tuesday, we got him his temporary SIN, and opened a bank account. Those were quick and painless to do as well. Just went to Canadian Tire today and found a Daytime Running Lights kit and will probably get that installed there depending on the cost, do the RIV inspection and hopefully everything else to follow will run as smoothly as what we've been dealing with so far.

Justin has only been here for almost two weeks and has already been to two separate interviews, SO proud of him!!

Wishing everyone a speedy process!!

simdlee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Barrie, ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
30-11-2011
Feels official, ecas says decision made!! Hubby is dropping off passport at vo on Thursday so in a little more than 2 weeks we can figure out his landing date:)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats again!!
JustandDaph said:
Hi everyone!!!! It's been a long time since I've updated here, my husband crossed over last Monday at Buffalo/Ontario border and it was a breeze.

We drove from Florida to Toronto in less than 20 driving hours total, split into two days. The majority was the first portion which took us through 7 states in 15 hours.

It was a pretty easy drive all the way and even to cross the border.

Accidently, we crossed over to Canada first and instead of getting the car title stamped on the American side first. Surprise, surprise, it was the American side that gave us problems.

When we drove up to the Canadian border crossing officer, we explained that we were looking to land, handed him my husbands US passport and visa, and was told to park at the CBSA office and head inside. Once inside, it was pretty straight-forward. The only hiccup we encountered was our original border officer had accidently crossed out my husband's visa inthe passport. Once that was cleared up, we handed over our list of goods and other required paperwork, received a "welcome to canada" package and hubby was welcomed to Canada! It pretty much took us 25 minutes to get everything done on the Canadian side.

We had to drive back over to the US to get his car exported out, that took a little over 20 minutes and hubby was free to go!

Last Tuesday, we got him his temporary SIN, and opened a bank account. Those were quick and painless to do as well. Just went to Canadian Tire today and found a Daytime Running Lights kit and will probably get that installed there depending on the cost, do the RIV inspection and hopefully everything else to follow will run as smoothly as what we've been dealing with so far.

Justin has only been here for almost two weeks and has already been to two separate interviews, SO proud of him!!

Wishing everyone a speedy process!!

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
E-cas updated to Decision Made! Guess that means his COPR is in his passport and we can hope to get it back soon :D yay!!

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
Stumpedmom said:
We had our passport back in our hands 1 week to the day from sending it....sooooo 6 days including weekend from the day they received it....hope all goes good for you!!!

Ooo I hope ours comes back that fast. We want to go to Portland over the long weekend coming up.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Our passport arrived yesterday afternoon (even though it was scheduled to get here next Monday). We left immediately and drove to the border and my husband landed last night around 8:30!! We are finally done!

SUCH a relief! I was so excited, but the 3.5 hour drive home kind of took the wind out of my sails and I slept for the last 45 minutes lol. We'll celebrate later but omg... I am so glad we're done :D

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Any other March applicants out there still waiting on a PPR? I feel like I'm one of the few at this point, at least through the Buffalo office. Fingers crossed that this week is our week!

pcdmontreal

May 20, 2011
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
We are still waiting too. I contacted my MP last week, but it was useless as they said they can't do anything before the 11 month mark.
This is so frustrating...