Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
I just got a medical results have been received update too! First sign of ANY MOVEMENT since April 7th. I'll take it.

Maybe we have the same lazy officer.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
ddobro2 said:
Likewise for me. To which I responded, "already know that." Gotta love e-cas.....
LOL me too! strange to get that update after we've already sent away his passport. /boggle

Tulamoon, I really hope that means you'll get your ppr soon. Honestly, if you haven't heard anything by the end of next week, i'd get your MP to contact the VO... we never ever received the ppr from buffalo... it had to be forwarded from our MP's office because they asked them to resend it.

We would never have known a ppr had been issued if it wasn't for our MP's office, and you only have 30 days from the day it is sent, to submit your passport, receive it back, and then land. Not much time given that they hold it for at least 2 weeks.

simdlee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Barrie, ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
30-11-2011
Wow, I'm almost in the same position!! I thought most Marchers were done already! Our last update shows that London was working on our application June 30. Nothing since. They requested medicals for my husbands non-accompanying dependants almost 2 months ago...and we replied by courier almost 7 weeks ago. We haven't heard a word since....This is HARD!

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
I doubt my MP office will check again so soon. She thinks we're all fibbers that exagerate processing times around here.. I told her I'd be in touch in a few months if I hadn't heard anything by then. I ordered CAIPS again on Friday, so I'll see what those say this time around. They have all the right contact information, so I think that we should get emails from them. I dunno. Just have to have faith I guess...

simdlee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Barrie, ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
30-11-2011
tulamoon said:
I doubt my MP office will check again so soon. She thinks we're all fibbers that exagerate processing times around here.. I told her I'd be in touch in a few months if I hadn't heard anything by then. I ordered CAIPS again on Friday, so I'll see what those say this time around. They have all the right contact information, so I think that we should get emails from them. I dunno. Just have to have faith I guess...
My MP has done nothing! I've contacted him a few times - he doesn't usually even respond! Waste of time lol!

TryingToGetHome

Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
21-04-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Hi everyone!

It looks like some March applicants are already approved - I'm so jealous! We applied March 21st, got our sponsorship approval letter on April 21st. Our application was received May 5, and was started processing August 26.

I know I'm within the 11-month time limit, but I was wondering if anyone knew how long it took to get approved after the right of permanent residence fee was requested? We got a request for that fee in August, we sent it in within 2 weeks at the beginning of September and now we're waiting. Does it take long from here? We're going through the Buffalo office.

I'm expecting a baby in March of next year, and have a little 6-month old. I'm living on a visitor's visa here in the Calgary area with my Canadian husband. I'm just finding everything a little stressful! Like everyone else here I'm sure.

Here's to a speedy process for all of us still waiting!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
London is relatively fast and I think a lot of London people from March have gotten PPR at this point, but you just have to remember that each case is different and yours will come too eventually. Hang in there. Sorry to hear your MP is not being too helpful.
simdlee said:
Wow, I'm almost in the same position!! I thought most Marchers were done already! Our last update shows that London was working on our application June 30. Nothing since. They requested medicals for my husbands non-accompanying dependants almost 2 months ago...and we replied by courier almost 7 weeks ago. We haven't heard a word since....This is HARD!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
11 of the 13 Buffalo people that filed in March have already gotten PPR, so Marchers going through Buffalo have actually flown by quite fast, given that there are still people waiting from Dec., Jan., and Feb. Someone who filed May 27th has even gotten his PPR already.

I think it can take 1-2 months to process the RPRF. Really, the best thing to do is not to wait until they ask for it and to pay all the fees at the get-go to avoid unnecessary delays. But there's nothing you can do at this point. Just be sure you sent the receipt to the correct address in Mississauga. I received a snail mail communication from them *about* a month later confirming they received the receipt for that fee and that they notified Buffalo of it. By that time, I had my GCMS notes and saw that it was noted as payed there.

Congrats on the coming bundle of joy. :)
TryingToGetHome said:
Hi everyone!

It looks like some March applicants are already approved - I'm so jealous! We applied March 21st, got our sponsorship approval letter on April 21st. Our application was received May 5, and was started processing August 26.

I know I'm within the 11-month time limit, but I was wondering if anyone knew how long it took to get approved after the right of permanent residence fee was requested? We got a request for that fee in August, we sent it in within 2 weeks at the beginning of September and now we're waiting. Does it take long from here? We're going through the Buffalo office.

I'm expecting a baby in March of next year, and have a little 6-month old. I'm living on a visitor's visa here in the Calgary area with my Canadian husband. I'm just finding everything a little stressful! Like everyone else here I'm sure.

Here's to a speedy process for all of us still waiting!!

TryingToGetHome

Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
21-04-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
That buffalo spreadsheet is depressing :(. I think I've got the longest processing time. I wonder if we had paid the fee with the original application if I'd already have my visa? Bummer. We even hired a lawyer to help us with the process and he never mentioned it would cause delays. Not that I've found the lawyer at all impressive or helpful.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol, is it really? Like, what parts of it specifically? I think Buffalo is being unprecedentedly efficient (did I just use that word to describe CIC?!?!) recently, as we've had a huge surge in PPRs. Could get slow again soon, though.

As trite as it sounds, each case really is different and there is no way of knowing if you would have been processed faster for sure. But I do think it's best to not leave anything to chance and paying ALL fees up front is a good way to do that. But me, I didn't do that either. I payed the RPRF a couple of months later, I think. I didn't want to part with more of my money than I needed to. What can ya do, right? It is what it is and we can't do much to change how fast they work over there. As far as the lawyer, I definitely don't think it's necessary for most people. We shell out enough as it is, ya know?

TryingToGetHome said:
That buffalo spreadsheet is depressing :(. I think I've got the longest processing time. I wonder if we had paid the fee with the original application if I'd already have my visa? Bummer. We even hired a lawyer to help us with the process and he never mentioned it would cause delays. Not that I've found the lawyer at all impressive or helpful.

simdlee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Barrie, ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
30-11-2011
TryingToGetHome said:
We are being processed in the UK and we paid all fees in advance - still waiting on approval also :(

TryingToGetHome

Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
21-04-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
The spreadsheet isn't depressing for those who have gotten their visa, just for me maybe because I'm still waiting. Now I'm second guessing everything, wondering why I'm still waiting when everyone else got zipped through so fast.

Well, maybe soon. I was hoping before the end of the year because I really wanted to start working before winter came. But, with a new baby on the way that might not be possible right now anyway.

Always the waiting.

TryingToGetHome

Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
21-04-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Sorry, I re-read my post and realized how whiney I sounded.

I'll give the excuse my husband always uses for me these days - I'm pregnant, moody, and hormonal. That's all I've got.

Buffalo does seem to be rather excessively efficient compared to the wait times listed on the website. Which is good, for sure! Here's hoping it's not too much longer for the rest of us!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol, no need to apologize ;) He's right, you've got a pretty legit excuse.
TryingToGetHome said:
Sorry, I re-read my post and realized how whiney I sounded.

I'll give the excuse my husband always uses for me these days - I'm pregnant, moody, and hormonal. That's all I've got.

Buffalo does seem to be rather excessively efficient compared to the wait times listed on the website. Which is good, for sure! Here's hoping it's not too much longer for the rest of us!

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
We got our ppr today! Finally.

Question, they say in the letter you need proof of funds? I thought that was all ready established when sponsorship was approved, I'm confused.