+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

fazeel5306

Jul 29, 2018
Once your file is transferred to Sydney and you have completed medicals (not specifically in that order) the next stage is your background and security check. This can take 6 - 9 months. You will not hear from Immigration during this time as they are waiting for results from third parties which receive requests from everyone wanting to migrate to Canada. You may only hear from them if they request information from you such as "you didn't tell us about a trip to (country name here) it's not on your travel history form." "You didn't tell us you got kicked out or refused a visa of (country here)"

During this stage of the application if all going well your next email will be Passport Request and that will be once EVERYTHING is completed. Expect that closer to the 12 months since your application was received in Canada.

Good Luck!
Good stuff. Thank you.

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
hi everyone,,i still confused and dont know whatkind of proof i have to submit for this question
proof of past cohabitation, if you are not currently living togother but did at one point in the past
please any advices .
i know this is the second time i but this question but i didnt get a clear responses

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
hi everyone,,i still confused and dont know whatkind of proof i have to submit for this question
proof of past cohabitation, if you are not currently living togother but did at one point in the past
please any advices .
i know this is the second time i but this question but i didnt get a clear responses
What visa are you going for? Family Class?
Are you and your partner living together now or have you lived together in the past 12 months? - Tell us about your living situation?

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
spouse family clas
What visa are you going for? Family Class?
Are you and your partner living together now or have you lived together in the past 12 months? - Tell us about your living situation?
spouse family class
we lived with each other mor than 14 months in the las 2 years

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
You need rental agreements showing both of your names on them or landlord references and mail with both of your names on them to the same address, etc.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
spouse family clas

spouse family class
we lived with each other mor than 14 months in the las 2 years
You need to submit proof that you live together and are in a relationship. now or past documents. insurance policy with both of you named under contents insurance or vehicle insurance. joint account or proof of sharing funds like a joint expense account in your name with proof of deposits from your partner. other examples can be rental contracts power bills etc.

is your emergency contact at workyoue partner? if so copy that form or details from your manager and include that too.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Yay, Finally got PPR!!!

NZ is visa exempt but do I still have to send my passport to the Visa Application Centre in Auckland or do I just send photocopies to the VAC in Auckland?

Jacaline

Aug 1, 2018
I just sent a self addressed express envelope and took a photo of the tracking numbers on that one and they are fine with it. I actually did send the 57 because i was confused and then we had a few emails back and forth and i said they could just keep the 11 dollars difference ha. They also said they could send it back and i could do it again but i didnt want to waste time
HI,

I am confuse like what we need to pay to VAC? There so many categories. Do you mind to tell me which category you paid?

Thank you.

fazeel5306

Jul 29, 2018
Hi Guys,

So this is the situation:
Today I created my online account and linked my paper application to the account. Once i logged in, i saw a request letter asking for my Police Certificate which was dated back to 22nd May, 2018. It seems they had mailed it to my PO Box address which has not arrived till today. The letter requested my police certificate to be submitted by 29th June, 2018 which is way past this date. However the Online account is asking for it to be uploaded urgently.
I am getting it arranged with the relevant authorities at the moment. Do you guys think this will be an issue apart from processing delay?

Also does anyone have the address for the Sydney processing centre for my police certificate to be sent to them directly since the authorities here do not give the certificate to the applicant (me) directly but mail it to the centre themselves.

Appreciate your responses.

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Hi Guys,

So this is the situation:
Today I created my online account and linked my paper application to the account. Once i logged in, i saw a request letter asking for my Police Certificate which was dated back to 22nd May, 2018. It seems they had mailed it to my PO Box address which has not arrived till today. The letter requested my police certificate to be submitted by 29th June, 2018 which is way past this date. However the Online account is asking for it to be uploaded urgently.
I am getting it arranged with the relevant authorities at the moment. Do you guys think this will be an issue apart from processing delay?

Also does anyone have the address for the Sydney processing centre for my police certificate to be sent to them directly since the authorities here do not give the certificate to the applicant (me) directly but mail it to the centre themselves.

Appreciate your responses.
Hey There.

We had to send a Queensland traffic history to them but they hadn’t asked for this document (but we knew it was outstanding). They told us to send it here

Migration Section / Bureau de migration

sydney.immigration@international.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone: +61 2 9364 3000
Consulate General of Canada | Consulat général du Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Level 5, 111 Harrington Street / 5e étage, 111 rue Harrington
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia | Australie

www.australia.gc.ca | www.australie.gc.ca

But we also never received any confirmation that they received the document and it’s been over a month so maybe double check there wasn’t an address listed in the request for additional document letter/email they sent you in case for some reason we sent ours to the wrong place :)

Reactions: fazeel5306

karanrajpal84

Dec 4, 2017
Application Received: 14-Jul-17
AOR1: 23-Aug-17
Sponsorship Approval: 29-Sep-17
Medical Requested: 01-Sep-17
Medical Passed: 25-Sep-17
BGC IP: 05-Dec-17
DM: 27-Jul-18
PPR: 2-Aug-18
Hi mate, I'm guessing you sent your passport to the Sydney VAC. If so, how long did it take for you to receive it back and have your application approved in the system? I observed that the Sydney VO takes 2-3 weeks after PPR to send the CoPR.

Thanks

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Hi mate, I'm guessing you sent your passport to the Sydney VAC. If so, how long did it take for you to receive it back and have your application approved in the system? I observed that the Sydney VO takes 2-3 weeks after PPR to send the CoPR.

Thanks
I sent it to the Auckland VAC on the 9th of August they acknowledged they sent it to Sydney VO. no updates as yet. I'm holding out for 2-3 weeks as my medical expire on the 24th September but I'm already in Canada waiting for COPR to do a flagpoll

karanrajpal84

Dec 4, 2017
I sent it to the Auckland VAC on the 9th of August they acknowledged they sent it to Sydney VO. no updates as yet. I'm holding out for 2-3 weeks as my medical expire on the 24th September but I'm already in Canada waiting for COPR to do a flagpoll
Ok cool. Any idea on how the Sydney VO is doing on the copr timelines? I’ve observed that they’re not the quickest and can take anywhere between 2-4 weeks for the final applic