AOR Received.
19/04/2017
File Transfer...
23/05/2017
Med's Request
11/12/2017
Med's Done....
14/01/2018
Hi, yeah we got PPR after 3 weeks of waiting after DM.
my suggestion is to email sydney with URGENT in the subject line, and ask how long it may take since it's been more than a month for you.
They were pretty quick with replying. about a day or 2, I usually get a response. Sometimes, within minutes/hours. Good luck. I hope you get it soon!

Also, in our situation, they had sent the PPR to my husband's email (PA) but he never received the email. Luckily I checked ECAS, and it had said that they have sent a correspondence on March 22, blah blah. and I could tell it was PPR. So check your ECAS. It is possible, you never got the email that they had sent.
Thanks for your reply
I emailed them this Monday but couldn’t get any response yet.
Is it ok to write ‘URGENT’ in subject line for this type of query????
Hopefully will get response soon.....
Thanks

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Thanks for your reply
Thanks
Hmm I would use Urgent if you saw on ECAS that they sent you a correspondence and you haven't received it. Otherwise a simple e-mail is okay. They will reply a bit later.
Hopefully you get a response soon.

mike06

Jun 5, 2017
Got PPR today!! Never been so happy in my life.

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive COPR from Sydney? I saw KiwiNate state maybe a month or does this vary?

I had already booked flights to go Canada on 20 April 2018 and just wondering if I'd receive it back in NZ before I left if I sent it ASAP?

Alternatively I could send it to Ottawa VO once I land but would like it before I go, preferrably.

Anyone dealt with the Sydney VO via email or phone? Are they responsive?

Lastly, I was thinking of just flying to Sydney to get it sorted? Has anyone come across anyone that's done this?

Sorry for all the questions guys.

Thanks!
Congrats! Did you get your COPR in time? Mine took about two weeks from the day i posted to the day I received it back. I used express parcels both ways.

KiwiKat

Nov 8, 2017
Aaaaahhh help! I received my DM & PPR today, but I am now having a major stress. My PPR states I have to send my passport (photocopy) plus photos etc to Australia (from NZ) and include a prepaid addressed return envelope/courier satchel.... I've just been to my local post office and they have said that is impossible. Has anyone (especially Kiwis) done this and how did they do it? I wanted to cry, I'm so close but have hit a stumbling block!!!

mike06

Jun 5, 2017
Aaaaahhh help! I received my DM & PPR today, but I am now having a major stress. My PPR states I have to send my passport (photocopy) plus photos etc to Australia (from NZ) and include a prepaid addressed return envelope/courier satchel.... I've just been to my local post office and they have said that is impossible. Has anyone (especially Kiwis) done this and how did they do it? I wanted to cry, I'm so close but have hit a stumbling block!!!
Hey kiwikat, If you have a scroll through this thread this has come up a bunch of times previously. Otherwise I'm sure someone soon enough will let you know how they did it. Congrats though!

michlish

Oct 22, 2015
Ottawa,Canada
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Finally got PPR last night! Decision made was March 13. We didn't hear anything, so we emailed Sydney last night inquiring, and within 30 minutes we had an email back and then within 3 hours we got our PPR! June 30th applicants. Woot woot!

Reactions: prabh26

kiwias

Feb 19, 2017
Congrats! Did you get your COPR in time? Mine took about two weeks from the day i posted to the day I received it back. I used express parcels both ways.
I received what looks to be my COPR but I received it via my CIC account and not via post, is this normal or something new? My understanding is that it'll be sent via post.

I'm currently in Canada when I received it so just going to do a border exit/entry.

tancanada

Mar 20, 2018
Finally got PPR last night! Decision made was March 13. We didn't hear anything, so we emailed Sydney last night inquiring, and within 30 minutes we had an email back and then within 3 hours we got our PPR! June 30th applicants. Woot woot!
What email ID did you use for the correspondence with the LVO?

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Hey Everyone.

Following this thread.

We haven’t applied yet but good to keep an eye on processing times for Aussie Citizens applying for permanent residency in Canada.

Me and my partner both live here in Australia. My partner is Australian. I am a Canadian citizen. :)

Excited to finally move back to the homeland after living for 3 years in Aus if everything goes to plan.

The application process is a lot of work but hopefully will mail the application off to Canada in 1-2 weeks. Will keep everyone posted on progress :)

tancanada

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for your reply
Thanks
Hi Trndeep, Did you get any reply for your email from the consulate?

Ngaa10dwe

Mar 14, 2018
Zimbabwe
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hi guys

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but I was directed to this thread when i was searching for Australian (Queensland) traffic history. I lived in Queensland years ago and I apparently have to provide my Qld Traffic History along with my Australian Police Clearance. But since I'm now back home in Zimbabwe it is a tall order to obtain my license history from here. Besides the fact that I never actually held an australian driver's license, any correspondence with the Queensland Traffic department has to be via phone or snail mail which will probably not make it in time for my deadline to submit my application. I have read in other posts that I can write up a declaration to state that i have never held an australian drivers license and I have no current standing traffic violations in my name. I did manage to talk to someone from Queensland Transport and they did a search of my name and confirmed that my name does not appear in any of their records so I really am not worried if immigration does decide to confirm this information. But will such a declaration be enough given my circumstance because this is literally the only thing holding back my application. Any help on this issue would really be appreciated.

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Ooh. I have a similar question. If you have a Victorian license but have lived in Queensland, do you need a Queensland driving history or would that history be covered under your Victorian driving history?

Zeb786

May 11, 2018
Hi guys

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but I was directed to this thread when i was searching for Australian (Queensland) traffic history. I lived in Queensland years ago and I apparently have to provide my Qld Traffic History along with my Australian Police Clearance. But since I'm now back home in Zimbabwe it is a tall order to obtain my license history from here. Besides the fact that I never actually held an australian driver's license, any correspondence with the Queensland Traffic department has to be via phone or snail mail which will probably not make it in time for my deadline to submit my application. I have read in other posts that I can write up a declaration to state that i have never held an australian drivers license and I have no current standing traffic violations in my name. I did manage to talk to someone from Queensland Transport and they did a search of my name and confirmed that my name does not appear in any of their records so I really am not worried if immigration does decide to confirm this information. But will such a declaration be enough given my circumstance because this is literally the only thing holding back my application. Any help on this issue would really be appreciated.
It doesn't matter if you dont hold Australian driving licence, if you were in Australia and using international driving licence you can order your driving history report.
Whats ur timeline?