Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
We'll keep our fingers crossed for you Dolly. I'm guessing ours was approved quickly due to the fact it was fairly straight forward.

If anything, I'd suggest ordering your case notes to see if there is anything that shows what might be taking time.

We managed to get back in touch with the Sydney office regarding our photos and they ended up accepting what we'd already submitted. COPR arrived in the post on Friday.

Good luck Dolly!
Thanks for the wishes. I ordered our case notes about 10 days ago so we'll see what they say.

Good luck in Canada and once again, congratulations on your visa.

Reactions: mr-moose

Yuwa

Nov 19, 2016
I just went to a CameraHouse with the printout that the CIC website provides. They have software that should automatically print out the right size. In saying that, I was given the wrong sizes twice and had to be persistent before they printed the right size (at the one I went to it was listed as the sizes for citizenship application). if unsure ask for a ruler to measure yourself. i think the print itself needs to be 50mm x 70mm and your face needs to be something like 31mm.
Thank you, its been sorted and return envelope activated today .

Maryfra

Feb 16, 2017
Hi guys, after PPR on June 28, I sent my passport photocopies etc to Sydney, and they have been received on July 5 (based on my Fedex tracking), it's almost been 3 weeks now, and my Cic account status is still showing "in progress" and haven't received my COPR yet. Can anyone shed some light on Sydney current processing times? From what I read in this thread it seems the average is 1-2 weeks. Should I be concerned? I already sent them an email three days ago, so far no reply. The whole waiting is driving me crazy with worry.

toothless

Mar 25, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Hi! just wondering how long for Sydney Visa office to send back passports? i've been waiting for two weeks now.

kiwias

Feb 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just an update on my application, I had originally sent it through 9 June 2017 however it was returned after 7 weeks as I forgot to include 1 form! Arrggh. So I re-submitted the application 29 July and just received AOR1 today, YES!

Now after finally linking the application online, just completing the Schedule A and just had the following question:

- Is this only for the Principal Applicant (me) to complete? Or does the Sponsor (Canadian Citizen) have to complete one as well? Note that I have applied as a sole applicant and there are no other family members included.

- Are there any NZ Citizens that have applied? We have to complete the Completed Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form and just upload this online? This authorizes CIC to request my police information directly from NZ Police?

Thanks guys!

fauxkiwi

Sep 12, 2017
Hey everyone! So glad that I've finally signed up for this site, it was such a help when we couldn't link our paper account because we gave too much info. I'm happy to contribute to the timeline spreadsheet, bit of background.
I'm Canadian, my partner is English but we met in NZ (lived together for a year and a half) and he had been on a work visa there for a year before we met.

Application received to CPC Miss: May 1, 2016
Application in processing since: May 25, 2016
Approved as sponsor: May 28, 2016
Call for Medical: May 30, 2017
Medical completed and approved: June 19, 2017 (we got the call while travelling SE Asia which delayed it by 2 weeks)
Schedule A requested: Aug 23, 2017
Schedule A received: Aug 28, 2017 (status on his online account has not changed, even though all documents were uploaded)
Application sent to Sydney VO: Sept 12, 2017

My questions is what does this mean the Sydney VO is actually processing? Are they ultimately in charge of the final decision for PR? Will my partner need to send his passport to them to get the COPR and then travel back into Canada with the paperwork?
We are currently in Canada visiting my family/attending a wedding, and are planning on travelling to Europe to visit his family in Oct/Nov, so I hope we won't be called for an interview because we aren't living in NZ anymore. We're not really sure if this is a good or bad sign for the visa as everything else was requested by CPC Miss and was uploaded to his online account. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

fauxkiwi

Sep 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just an update on my application, I had originally sent it through 9 June 2017 however it was returned after 7 weeks as I forgot to include 1 form! Arrggh. So I re-submitted the application 29 July and just received AOR1 today, YES!

Now after finally linking the application online, just completing the Schedule A and just had the following question:

- Is this only for the Principal Applicant (me) to complete? Or does the Sponsor (Canadian Citizen) have to complete one as well? Note that I have applied as a sole applicant and there are no other family members included.

- Are there any NZ Citizens that have applied? We have to complete the Completed Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form and just upload this online? This authorizes CIC to request my police information directly from NZ Police?

Thanks guys!
Hey! Schedule A is only for the primary applicant to complete. Your sponsor should have already gotten a confirmation that they've been approved as a sponsor which includes a background check in Canada. I think as long as there are no red flags that they won't request a police certificate from the sponsor for any other country.

My partner has now sent in his police certificates a bunch of times, and yes, just the form and a copy of the photo page of the passport is what's required. Canada just needs consent for them to request your NZ police history, not an actual certificate.

kiwias

Feb 19, 2017
Hey! Schedule A is only for the primary applicant to complete. Your sponsor should have already gotten a confirmation that they've been approved as a sponsor which includes a background check in Canada. I think as long as there are no red flags that they won't request a police certificate from the sponsor for any other country.

My partner has now sent in his police certificates a bunch of times, and yes, just the form and a copy of the photo page of the passport is what's required. Canada just needs consent for them to request your NZ police history, not an actual certificate.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm currently on holiday in Canada so when I get back to Australia I'll upload my Australian Police Certificate along with the authorized NZ Police History request.

I've also received my request for a medical. As I am in Canada until send of September, I'm thinking of completing this in Winnipeg whilst I'm here. Does anyone know the costs of a medical exam? Alternatively I can do this when I get back to Australia.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Guys I submitted my passports to Sydney Australia VAC on 7th September. Just wanted to check how long it takes for passports to come back with stamping. Other visa offices are only taking maximum 10 days for visa stamping. I applied for Permanent Residency visa online. I am PNP outland candidate.

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out here. I have sent in an application of Family Sponsorship for my husband who lives in New Zealand. Our application has been transferred from Canada (Mississauga) to Sydney, Australia on August 18, 2017. Sydney visa office has started processing the application on August 22, 2017.

My question is how long does it normally take to receive passport request at this point? Will they send the request after doing background check? Please help me out. We haven't received any information from them apart from saying that the application is in process (which I found out through cic website).

Whatever information is helpful at this point. Thank you.

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Guys I submitted my passports to Sydney Australia VAC on 7th September. Just wanted to check how long it takes for passports to come back with stamping. Other visa offices are only taking maximum 10 days for visa stamping. I applied for Permanent Residency visa online. I am PNP outland candidate.
Hi Averma,

sorry I don't know an answer to your question, but could you please update here when you receive your passport back after the stamp? Just so I can get an idea of the timeline. Thank you! :)

montague

May 19, 2017
Hi Averma,

sorry I don't know an answer to your question, but could you please update here when you receive your passport back after the stamp? Just so I can get an idea of the timeline. Thank you! :)
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out here. I have sent in an application of Family Sponsorship for my husband who lives in New Zealand. Our application has been transferred from Canada (Mississauga) to Sydney, Australia on August 18, 2017. Sydney visa office has started processing the application on August 22, 2017.

My question is how long does it normally take to receive passport request at this point? Will they send the request after doing background check? Please help me out. We haven't received any information from them apart from saying that the application is in process (which I found out through cic website).

Whatever information is helpful at this point. Thank you.
Each case is different as there are others from January who've already got PPR and are in Canada. For ours it's:
  • App received 18 Jan
  • Started processing Sydney April 10
  • Still waiting for PPR