25-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-16
LANDED..........
Soooooon!!!!! ☺
Gary_87 said:
im british, living in australia. curious as to whether mine goes to sydney, london or ottawa!
It should say on your AOR. That's where mine was written

Mhunter

Star Member
Sep 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016
File Transfer...
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-16
LANDED..........
Soooooon!!!!! ☺
ticky said:
If an outland app is sent to Ottawa instead of Sydney, does anyone know if the quick 6-12 month timeline is kept or whether it balloons out to something closer to the inland timeframe?

I will be applying shortly and am planning on sending to Sydney so I can get approved before my WHP visa runs out.
Mine has been just over 3 months and it says decision Made. I am waiting on their letter now.

kangaroo1

Jun 16, 2016
Hi,

I am a Nursing student from Sydney Australia who is getting married to a Canadian Citizen next week In Canada.

I am interested in becoming a Candian Resident, I have read all the information on the CIC website and am aware of the sponsorship process.

I will be applying from outside of Canada (outland), is there any way to still live with my partner and work in Canada while the application is being assessed? Can I apply for the International Experiece Canada Working Holiday?

Once I've finished School in December, is it possible to apply for a Working Visa?

I'm trying to find the quickest way to be living with my Partner once I'm finished School in December :)

Whitney

May 15, 2016
Has anyone here applied outland from Australia and then had their partner join them in Canada as a visitor while the application was processed? That's our current plan and I want to settle my fears of my partner being turned away at the border because they think he'll work or overstay!

JMilne

Jun 28, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Doc's Request.
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
File Transfer...
30-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2016
Interview........
Not requested
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-2016
Applechunks said:
Hi everyone,
My husband and I thought that it might be a good idea to connect with other Aussie ex-pats (and partners) all going through the same process. I wanted to be a little less anonymous!
I have created a facebook group if anyone is keen to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/730074400442960/

I've kept the group closed to try and avoid a load of spamming etc.

Let me know when you've sent a request and I'll add you.

Hey! have just sent through a request to join the FB group.

Hasn't been many posts recently in this group. Any ideas of current processing times for Syd? Just sent off my application today :)
Also keen for those who have been through the process to join and give insights.

ticky

Jul 1, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
29-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not requested
Going to send off my application this week. Just wondering if a few people can let me know the current processing times for the Sydney office.

aarcee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Hi All,

My wifes application went to Sydney Visa office. We received an email on the 25th of May that they have started processing. Its September now and we still haven't received anything since May 25th.

How long do you think the whole process will take?

AARCEE

aarcee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
ticky said:
Going to send off my application this week. Just wondering if a few people can let me know the current processing times for the Sydney office.
All the best. The website says 10 months.

AARCEE

ticky

Jul 1, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
29-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not requested
aarcee said:
All the best. The website says 10 months.
Yes, I know what the website says, but it isn't a proper timeline. Reading back through this and other threads, a lot of people get their application approved in six months or less. Was wanting to get an idea of the current realistic wait time.

JMilne

Jun 28, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Doc's Request.
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
File Transfer...
30-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2016
Interview........
Not requested
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-2016
ticky said:
Yes, I know what the website says, but it isn't a proper timeline. Reading back through this and other threads, a lot of people get their application approved in six months or less. Was wanting to get an idea of the current realistic wait time.
From other sections of this forum and other FB groups I've been reading as quick as 4 months (and average) for most outland apps.

Rushbrook

Feb 19, 2014
I applied through Sydney starting June and received the passport request two days ago. Anyone wanting my timeline can check out the spreadsheet for June Family Sponsorship applicants. ;D

Feb 17, 2016
Banff
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
IELTS Request
07-07-2016
Med's Request
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-07-2016
Passport Req..
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
Hey guys. I just have a question regarding timelines. I submitted my application on March 18th and then CIC emailed me confirming they had received my application on May 10th and had begun processing. On june 7th they requested my medical which i did and sent back a week later. As of today Review of eligibility and background check are in progress but still no final decision. The VO was Sydney and looking at other people's timelines it seems that mine is taking a lot longer than most. Does this sound right or am I missing something?? Its a family sponsorship application btw...

Thanks in advance!!

aarcee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Rushbrook said:
I applied through Sydney starting June and received the passport request two days ago. Anyone wanting my timeline can check out the spreadsheet for June Family Sponsorship applicants. ;D
Congratulations. I am a March outland applicant and my application went to Sydney visa office as well. I still haven't heard anything from the SYdney visa office. I feel that my application is taking longer than everyone else.

AARCEE

aarcee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Hello All,

My wife is asked to attend an interview in 2 weeks. Her application was sent to Sydney visa office. Anyone here has any experience with the kinds of questions asked by Sydney visa officers.

Thanking you in advance.

AARCEE