Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Just seeing if there are any other people currently going through the Sydney VO and if anyone knows if my application will likely be sent to this office as I'm a resident here.

Just had a read through of peoples timelines - seems like a quick office.

dannypm

Apr 1, 2015
Hi all,

I am not an active member on this forum. Few days ago I received an email from the Sydney VO requesting traffic history report from qld transport. I have always lived in Victoria and did provide my full licence history report from vicroads. Is this common that they need traffic history report from qld as well?

Thanks

Cannewzea

Jan 13, 2016
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application to sponsor my husband and it has been transferred to sydney office. I got email from sydney office to submit new zealand consent form along with scanned copies of passport as my husband lives in new zealand.

Does anyone know from their experience how long does it take after that? How long is the process to get police clearance once you submit the forms?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Cannewzea said:
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application to sponsor my husband and it has been transferred to sydney office. I got email from sydney office to submit new zealand consent form along with scanned copies of passport as my husband lives in new zealand.

Does anyone know from their experience how long does it take after that? How long is the process to get police clearance once you submit the forms?
Are you guys currently resident in New Zealand?
Did you not submit the police checks earlier? or are you waiting for them to request it from you?

Cannewzea

Jan 13, 2016
Hi

No i am in Canada right now and my husband is in new zealand. We did submit the ministry police certificate but they said its not valid and asked us to send the consent form so that they can do it themselves.

Any idea how long it will take?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Cannewzea said:
Hi

No i am in Canada right now and my husband is in new zealand. We did submit the ministry police certificate but they said its not valid and asked us to send the consent form so that they can do it themselves.

police certificates from country of residence have to be within 6 months validity so maybe they have expired. Fill out the form they sent you and return it asap to them and they will trace the police certificate themselves by the sound of it. No idea how long this would take.

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
Cannewzea said:
Hi

Answered you in the other thread but 1-3 weeks.

dannypm

Apr 1, 2015
Hi everyone

Sydney (au) visa office requested for some additional docs.

Can someone please confirm the visa office address to send the docs? And can I send the docs via express post? Do they accept express post?

Thanks

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
dannypm said:
Hi everyone

Sydney (au) visa office requested for some additional docs.

Can someone please confirm the visa office address to send the docs? And can I send the docs via express post? Do they accept express post?

Thanks
depending on the docs you can probably submit them electronically. did they request originals?

dannypm

Apr 1, 2015
Gary_87 said:
depending on the docs you can probably submit them electronically. did they request originals?
Thanks for your reply.

They didn't mention anything. But when I sent them the traffic history report via email they acknowledged it. Not sure if I need to send the original.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
dannypm said:
Thanks for your reply.

They didn't mention anything. But when I sent them the traffic history report via email they acknowledged it. Not sure if I need to send the original.
so they only asked for the traffic history report? from victoria or queensland?

i sent my victoria one along so hoping they dont request that again or one from queensland (even though ive never lived there).

Maybe send these guys a message: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Australia/

they have a live chat option so you can ask them for an address.

dannypm

Apr 1, 2015
Gary_87 said:
so they only asked for the traffic history report? from victoria or queensland?

i sent my victoria one along so hoping they dont request that again or one from queensland (even though ive never lived there).

Maybe send these guys a message: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Australia/

they have a live chat option so you can ask them for an address.
I am from victoria but they asked for qld as well even though I have never lived there.

Will try live chat n see what they say

Thanks

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
dannypm said:
I am from victoria but they asked for qld as well even though I have never lived there.

Will try live chat n see what they say

Thanks
they asked for QLD? thats so weird. They better not ask me for one! That'd be annoying. How long has it been since you submitted your application?

Cannewzea

Jan 13, 2016
Hi guys, my husband application status changed to decision made but we haven't submitted the PR fees yet . Is it normal?

When can I expect next steps? Any idea?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Cannewzea said:
Hi guys, my husband application status changed to decision made but we haven't submitted the PR fees yet . Is it normal?

When can I expect next steps? Any idea?
yeah thats a little odd. id give CIC a call.