+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

Nexx

May 4, 2016
Hi all!
I am a canadian citizen and my boyfriend is australian. We are currently in canada (he is on a working holiday visa). We lived together for 4 years in melbourne (i'm a permanent resident there through partner visa) and then came to canada to travel a bit and see my family/friends. Boyfriend fell in love with canada and we would really want to live here instead of going back to australia.

We wanted to apply for the inland visa but after reading that it can take 26 months, we are thinking of applying for outland.

Is it possible for us to apply for outland within canada? And can we do this while he is on a working holiday visa? If so, will he still be allowed to work in canada during the process?

Is there any downside to doing it this way or is it better for him to go back to australia while we wait? I dont want to run the risk of being refused because of this...

Also, if anyone has been in this situation, how long did it take to get the visa?

So many questions haha, visas always makes me nervous. I would rather not have to live appart for a long period of time if we can avoid it.
Thanks all!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Nexx said:
Hi all!
I am a canadian citizen and my boyfriend is australian. We are currently in canada (he is on a working holiday visa). We lived together for 4 years in melbourne (i'm a permanent resident there through partner visa) and then came to canada to travel a bit and see my family/friends. Boyfriend fell in love with canada and we would really want to live here instead of going back to australia.

We wanted to apply for the inland visa but after reading that it can take 26 months, we are thinking of applying for outland.

Is it possible for us to apply for outland within canada? And can we do this while he is on a working holiday visa? If so, will he still be allowed to work in canada during the process?

Is there any downside to doing it this way or is it better for him to go back to australia while we wait? I dont want to run the risk of being refused because of this...

Also, if anyone has been in this situation, how long did it take to get the visa?

So many questions haha, visas always makes me nervous. I would rather not have to live appart for a long period of time if we can avoid it.
Thanks all!
You can apply outland from within canada. Just make sure to use the outland forms and send to the outland address.

Outland definitely better thsn inland. As your application will rither get sent to sydney or ttawa you'll complete the whole process within 6 months.

Your boyfriend can have a whv as well an application for pr. He can work so long as the work visa is valid. Once it expires hed have to switch to a visitor visa until pr is granted but as i said, its very wuick processing for your situation.

So long as you can prove cohabitation for more than 12 consrcutive months and have solid relationship proof youll have a pretty easy time with the app.

Im in melbourne at the moment applying for my pr! :)

Nexx

May 4, 2016
Gary_87 said:
You can apply outland from within canada. Just make sure to use the outland forms and send to the outland address.

Outland definitely better thsn inland. As your application will rither get sent to sydney or ttawa you'll complete the whole process within 6 months.

Your boyfriend can have a whv as well an application for pr. He can work so long as the work visa is valid. Once it expires hed have to switch to a visitor visa until pr is granted but as i said, its very wuick processing for your situation.

So long as you can prove cohabitation for more than 12 consrcutive months and have solid relationship proof youll have a pretty easy time with the app.

Im in melbourne at the moment applying for my pr! :)
Thank you!

I was worried that applying for outland instead of inland would be detrimental to our application since we are both in canada. Proving cohabitation and relationship should be easy, i kept all my documentation when I applied for my australian pr 4 years ago.

Good luck with your application, I hope it will process fast!

Cannewzea

Jan 13, 2016
So i called cic and they refused to give any info but they said it's not negative just wait for the email from cic.

Fingers crossed!!!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Nexx said:
Thank you!

I was worried that applying for outland instead of inland would be detrimental to our application since we are both in canada. Proving cohabitation and relationship should be easy, i kept all my documentation when I applied for my australian pr 4 years ago.

You too. Also this thread is very quiet as not many applicants go through sydney so if you want any particular advice try the main forim thread and ask questions there. Youll get better responses.

dannypm

Apr 1, 2015
Gary_87 said:
they asked for QLD? thats so weird. They better not ask me for one! That'd be annoying. How long has it been since you submitted your application?
Yes, thats weird even though I have not lived there for a day. I applied in Sep 2015

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
dannypm said:
Yes, thats weird even though I have not lived there for a day. I applied in Sep 2015
So about 8 months for you so far. Any idea when you think youll get approved?

aarcee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
kate_wins said:
Applechunks - I've requested to join the FB group as well. :) I didn't come across this thread when I started the process.
Hello,

I am posting in this forum for the first time. My wifes application is forwarded to Sydney Visa office.

I have also sent request to the FB page.

AarCee.

aarcee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
ozzyaussie said:
Hi, thought I should post my timeline on here to give an idea of Sydney office. I posted my application on 4th sept 2015. It was received on the 10-th sept although Australia post and Canada post still think it's lost. I had it couriered by aus post with signature but it was never signed for when delivered, so for 2 months till we received a reply from cic we thought our application was lost or stolen.
application was actually received on the 10th sept 2015. Around about the 10 Nov it was processes and sponsor was approved.
Sydney started to process on the 24th Nov 2015. I received a passport request on Jan 7 2016. and received COPR in the mail 13th Jan 2016.
So all up from Sep 10 to Jan 13 only about 4 months. Meds and fees were done before app sent in.
Hope this helps.
Wow that was really quick. My application was sent to Sydney visa office last week. Hopefully, i hear something in two months.

AarCee

Seraton

Jun 8, 2016
Hi, I have a question.
I am from New Zealand, but I heard that NZ apps go through Sydney office.
I'm planning on applying inland. Will I still be able to get PR fast? My sponsor is my soon to be husband. As long as we submit all applications without a need to send anything missing will it processed fast? I dont know how this works as I thought Inland would go to Canada visa place, not Sydney?

Mhunter

Star Member
Sep 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016
File Transfer...
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-16
LANDED..........
Soooooon!!!!! ☺
Nexx said:
Thank you!

I have applied Outland while living in Canada on a WHV.
I applied to Sydney but they sent it to Ottawa as I was living in Canada (I have now left with my partner and we are in aus for a few months)
I applied March 4th 2016 and on the cic website it updated to decision made a few days ago.
I hope it's approved as they haven't asked for anymore information. If it has then it was only a total of 3 months to process.
Good luck !

Mhunter

Star Member
Sep 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016
File Transfer...
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-16
LANDED..........
Soooooon!!!!! ☺
Seraton said:
Hi, I have a question.
I am from New Zealand, but I heard that NZ apps go through Sydney office.
I'm planning on applying inland. Will I still be able to get PR fast? My sponsor is my soon to be husband. As long as we submit all applications without a need to send anything missing will it processed fast? I dont know how this works as I thought Inland would go to Canada visa place, not Sydney?
Inland processing times are Really long (up to 26 months I think) and they get processed within Canada.
Outland is a lot quicker and it usually gets sent to your home country however if you are living in Canada at the time you sent in your Outland application I believe they send it to Ottawa to process (this happened to me) but I'm not 100% sure that happens every time, I've just read a lot of people in the same situation had their apps sent to Ottawa.

ticky

Jul 1, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
29-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not requested
Mhunter said:
I believe they send it to Ottawa to process (this happened to me) but I'm not 100% sure that happens every time, I've just read a lot of people in the same situation had their apps sent to Ottawa.
If an outland app is sent to Ottawa instead of Sydney, does anyone know if the quick 6-12 month timeline is kept or whether it balloons out to something closer to the inland timeframe?

I will be applying shortly and am planning on sending to Sydney so I can get approved before my WHP visa runs out.

Elizajoey

Jan 6, 2015
If an outland application goes to Ottawa then it is still an outland application and processed according to CPC-Ottawa's timelines. It doesn't swap over to the inland timelines.

You don't actually get to choose where your application goes. You mail your application to CPC-Mississauga and it could go to Sydney or Ottawa. I'm living in Canada but I am an Australian citizen and my application was forwarded on to Ottawa.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Elizajoey said:
If an outland application goes to Ottawa then it is still an outland application and processed according to CPC-Ottawa's timelines. It doesn't swap over to the inland timelines.

You don't actually get to choose where your application goes. You mail your application to CPC-Mississauga and it could go to Sydney or Ottawa. I'm living in Canada but I am an Australian citizen and my application was forwarded on to Ottawa.
im british, living in australia. curious as to whether mine goes to sydney, london or ottawa!