+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Just spoke to CIC - They said my sponsorship is approved and my file is being transfered to London :eek: :eek: It ruined my day. Sydney's average processing time is 2 months vs London's 2 years :-\ Not sure why would they transfer file over to the busiest office vs not so busy office?

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
What is a 'national identity document' for us NZers? I traded my NZ drivers licence in for a Canadian one so can't use that.

BeeQC

Sep 10, 2014
I don't think NZ has a national identity document.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_identity_card_policies_by_country

Maybe you can use your passport instead?

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
BeeQC said:
I don't think NZ has a national identity document.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_identity_card_policies_by_country

Maybe you can use your passport instead?
I might have to ring up there help line as see what they say,I was thinking maybe birth certificate or IRD number but neither have an expiry date of course.

BeeQC

Sep 10, 2014
kiwi01 said:
I might have to ring up there help line as see what they say,I was thinking maybe birth certificate or IRD number but neither have an expiry date of course.
What did you need to you national identity document for? My partner is a kiwi as well and we didn't have to provide them with one... I hope we didn't forget anything.

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
BeeQC said:
What did you need to you national identity document for? My partner is a kiwi as well and we didn't have to provide them with one... I hope we didn't forget anything.
In one of the forms it asks if you have a national identity document, you can say no so I'm presuming thats what you guys did.

kiwi_girl

Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015; 28-04-2015
File Transfer...
10-04-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-09-2015
NZ doesn't have a national identity card. I found this while filling out our applications forms https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_identity_card_policies_by_country

good luck :)

ameliawelsh

May 14, 2014
Hi Guys,

Just having a small freak out. Checked online and there is a 'Decision Made' which looks like it changed on September 17th. That was the same day they asked me to send through my 'Disclosure of Information Form' for a NZ Police Record check (again). Either they had lost this, or the signature on it is only valid for 6 months or something (we sent through our application December 28th 2014). Anyway, any thoughts? Hoping this is a positive thing i.e. the last step in the process, but then again have no idea and am anxiously waiting on correspondence for the 'Decision Made'. Plus didn't seem like our application was sent to the Sydney office either - from other correspondence seems the Ottawa office is processing it.

My partner and I are currently in NZ, and were also asked to prove his intent to return to Canada a few months ago (again, even though we had proved this and it was obviously approved for the 'Sponsor Approval' we got in March). They sure are toying with our emotions haha.

Anyway, hopefully someone out there has had a similar situation and if not I hope everyone else's applications are going well :)

Amelia

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
NZ and Aus applicants, did you guys get your letters from family members or friends notarised? Or is it acceptable for NZers just to have a justice of peace stamp it?

Loorah

Aug 21, 2015
immi_gtb said:
Hi,

I am an Australian Citizen living in Calgary with my Canadian (citizen) Common-law partner. I am currently on a working holiday visa (my second) finishing June 2016 and am looking at applying inland vs outland - family sponsorship. The draw backs for applying inland is that the processing time is doubled, which could be offset by being able to obtain the OWP. I would rather apply outland - using the Sydney office, however I would like to know the rate in which interviews were required/waived. It is alot of money to fly back for an interview without making an informed decision first.

Would it be possible to apply outland using a different country? The Paris processing times is approximately 5months and would be easier to get to.

Thanks for your help in advance.
We were in the same boat; bf's working holiday visa expires in May 2016; we applied outland June 17 2015 and he got his passport request on October 12th. No interview requested.

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
Loorah said:
We were in the same boat; bf's working holiday visa expires in May 2016; we applied outland June 17 2015 and he got his passport request on October 12th. No interview requested.
Thats pretty quick, 4-5 months. Congrats!

BeeQC

Sep 10, 2014
Hey guys!!

My partner just received his pre-COPR letter yaaay :D

We have to send the copies of his passport and Appendix B, but I was wondering if we have to send photos as well... I think it's only for applicants via the Singapore High Commission, am I right?